Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air thru stocks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
$uperm@n_708 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air thru stocks?
    Posted: 12 April 2009 at 11:12pm

Hey Im lookin at all of the different upgrades and i was just wondering, what is an air thru stock?  what does it do?

Vinja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 5:52am
hey im very new to this hobby and this interested me as well, ive been lookin at getting a 98 with an air through saw stock but im curious what exactly does it do? does the c02 cannister go inside the stock? and then that connects to the gun itself with the adapter? as i said buying my first gun and am just curious for an aesthetic value, thank you all in advance
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 8:06am

Air through stock means that the airline to the tank runs through the stock and typically has a quick release nipple towards th back/bottom of the stock. You would then run a remote from your tank to the nipple.

Rap4 makes some adaptors that allow you to mount a tank where the stock goes. Most instances the tanks are very small though. It's been awile since I have looked at them, so not sure exactly what models the do and don't make adaptors for.
Vinja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 2:52pm
ok, thanks a million bro, ive been wondering that for a while, your a saint.
$uperm@n_708 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote $uperm@n_708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 9:19pm
Thanks OPN that cleared it up
Grimm_Reaper_247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grimm_Reaper_247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 2:28pm
Exactly, "Air through Stock" is a feature that allows you to feed an airline in through your stock, while you can carry a bigger(or standard size) tank on your back, Instead of throwing the balance of the gun off slightly. =P

Hope this helped. Smile
Paintball...Play long, Play hard. \m/(o_o)\m/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic