Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Somalian Pirates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Poll Question: What would you do to control this problem?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
9 [28.13%]
20 [62.50%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 9:44am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

I would have liked to hear the actual broadcasting.

The audio is in the link. At the top just below the main navigation bar.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 9:46am
Didnt pay that much attention. Actually busy for a change. Will have to listen to it later.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:58am
So why does the fact that they were tied to the back of the destroyer matter? Or the fact that they were kids?

Kids kill people every day. They had AK's and a hostage.

How is them being tied up any different than a hostage situation in a completely surrounded building?
Que pasa?

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

How is them being tied up any different than a hostage situation in a completely surrounded building?

It makes the targets a bit easier to track.

Yeah . . .President Obama ordered the deaths of three black muslim teenagers . . . and yeah, more of a fuss would have been made if it was done by an Republican.  It doesn't matter, it needed to be done . . . and it will probably need to be done again.  Eventually, it will probably need to be done in numbers that are greater than two or three at a time since the pirates have decided to up the ante.  However, the existing situation was moving from untenable to untolerable and something had to be done.

How much Limbawling would their have been if three gang thugs in South Philly were killed by the police and their gang started threatening to kill all their robbery victims in retaliation?
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 2:39pm
A couple of countries just need to get together and go in full strength. Get as much intel as possible on locations, then hit them and make a point. Its not going to stop. If they wait any longer, the pirates will surely find Americans and kill them.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 2:52pm
well, the muslim youth are angry...

Hmm, kind of like they were hit with a baseball bat...

"We will seek out the Americans and if we capture them we will slaughter them," said a 25-year-old pirate based in the Somali port of Harardhere who gave only his first name, Ismail.

"We will target their ships because we know their flags. Last night, an American-flagged ship escaped us by a whisker. We have showered them with rocket-propelled grenades," boasted Ismail, who did not take part in the attack.

They tremble at my name...
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 2:56pm
mount .50 cals up on the boats...then give order to shoot on sight...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 3:07pm
LOL at FE for posting the exact same article I did except from a separate site.  Skip the "reading of other's posts" part much.  Doesn't that make it difficult to reply to what others have said/posted/pointed out?

Edited by Mack - 15 April 2009 at 3:09pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

Arming merchant ships seems like a bad idea. More trouble there than just having good solid military patrol and active raids, like what the French Navy is doing now.

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

"We will seek out the Americans and if we capture them we will slaughter them," said a 25-year-old pirate based in the Somali port of Harardhere who gave only his first name, Ismail.

Reminded me of:

Without a hostage there is no ransom. Those are the rules.

FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 3:13pm
Sorry, mack.

I missed it... shortening links like that are easy for my old eyes to miss...
They tremble at my name...
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

Arming merchant ships seems like a bad idea. More trouble there than just having good solid military patrol and active raids, like what the French Navy is doing now.
Woah.....copy the French? That has to be a joke. Besides, response time for ships sucks considering this is a 1 million square mile area. Cobra gunships, electrified razor wire on the gunwales and a sprinkler system full of bear mace should help, I say they should deploy the pain ray....

Reminded me of:

Without a hostage there is no ransom. Those are the rules.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 3:27pm
No doubt that protectionist measures like barbed wired could help. I just think moving to guns is a whole new can of worms. Maybe it would work, but there is a lot of issues with it, like training the crew, company liability for the ship's owners, insurance levels, ports that won't take armed vessels, etc.

Seems like it would be a lot more work than just slapping a machine gun on the boat or handing out rifles.

Edited by agentwhale007 - 15 April 2009 at 3:28pm

Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 3:38pm
Stolen from another site, but I like the idea

Maybe I've been up too long and will be the only one who finds this humorous, but when we put together our privateer ship, could we throw in a Wheel of Fail? Each section has a different way to die and we let any captured pirates spin it?

Aww, boo hoo. You took hostages and got killed. It happens. Even if you are "children". If you carry an AK and make threats you can't complain when someone takes your threats seriously and kills you.

If this is a legitimate threat, they should station a couple of ships there. Preferably a heli carrier with a mix of AH-1z's and some troop transports.

KBK
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:53pm

Sorry, mack.

I missed it... shortening links like that are easy for my old eyes to miss...

Blame the new forum software.  Under the old system they were a automatically a different color from the rest of the text and almost impossible to miss.  (Actually, I may start changing the text colors on links just for that purpose.)
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 12:47am
Anybody up for being pirate pirates? We can all take a big boat out into international waters and launch pirate raids on pirate ships and float their corpses back home when we're done looting them. It'll be a grand old time.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 12:51am
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

Anybody up for being pirate pirates? We can all take a big boat out into international waters and launch pirate raids on pirate ships and float their corpses back home when we're done looting them. It'll be a grand old time.
How do we profit off of this plan? You're missing the crucial third step of profit....

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 1:34am
We smuggle the captured full auto weapons back to the states and sell them.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I'm not even sure you could make a profit on that.

I say we sell their body parts on the black market.
BU Engineering 2012
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

How do we profit off of this plan? You're missing the crucial third step of profit....

I beg to differ sir. We loot them of everything that might be of any value and put it on the market (possibly to other aspiring pirates). Over time we get bigger and better toys as a result, making us more efficient and/or badass. As mentioned in the posts following yours, selling the weapons would make us some money and we can take after China with the body part trading. Seems like pirate pirating is loaded with profit and badassery. Now, who do we choose as our captain?
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I'm not even sure you could make a profit on that.

I say we sell their body parts on the black market.

racist.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic