Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Apex barrel with Alpha black shroud

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dadew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apex barrel with Alpha black shroud
    Posted: 02 April 2009 at 9:11am
I need a barrel that can give me a flat trajectory in the woods where I play and a Flatline is out of the question(I hate the look of it on an AB).So I'm thinking of getting an Apex barrel and I'm wondering if it's long enough to fit with the tactical shroud of the AB? 
     thanking you in advance for your help....
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 10:43am
Yes.
dadew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 9:49am
Ahh... short,precise answer,I like that!!!LOL
dadew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 4:09pm
ok I just found another post somewhere else on this forum asking the same thing,and they say the stock apex barrel is too short for the tactical shroud.So who says true?Can anyone tell me what's the length of the stock apex from the thread to the "big end" part.Confused
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 5:23pm
Link to the one you are looking at. There are several Apex barrels. I assumed you were talking about the M16 one. If you want a good accurate barrel, look into an Apex ready Lapco. Get the Lapco and put the Apex tip on it. Will work like a champ.
dadew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 9:09pm
I was looking at the stock apex barrel hoping it would fit with the AB's shroud....Can I buy just the tip or do I have to buy  the whole thing?It would be a pisser to buy  the lapco plus the apex barrel .
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 9:48pm
definately dont get the plain 'ol apex. do what oldpbnoob said to do, grab a apex ready lapco bigshot. and specifics are good especially when talking about an item of which there are many versions. 
jackm304 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackm304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2011 at 10:04pm
i tried to get the 14 inch apex 2 on the alpha black but didn't fit so i had to get the 18 inch
jackm304 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackm304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2011 at 10:05pm
it has to be the 98 thread 18 inch apex
Austin7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 11:15am
the 14 inch apex will require you to take off the shroud.  Get a 18 inch apex barrel or a apex ready barrel and then buy apex 2 tip.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic