Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question regarding T-Alpha black

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vudoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vudoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question regarding T-Alpha black
    Posted: 31 March 2009 at 2:37pm
Three of us purchased the Alpha black markers. Two of my buddies shot with complete accuracy out of the box. My Alpha Black did not. The shots were scattered all over the place. Never consistent. I checked the velocity and I had it at 275. I cant understand. Can anyone offer me some opinions. Thanks. O, we were all shooting the same paintballs.  

Edited by Reb Cpl - 31 March 2009 at 4:02pm
romero
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 2:48pm

I didn't answer your question the first time you posted this in the other forum?

Vudoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vudoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

I didn't answer your question the first time you posted this in the other forum?

I could post in a 100 forums if i like. I thank you for trying to answer the question, but if you had read my post correctly, you would have noticed that I was asking for opinions. I remember that you even suggested that I post in this forum. Do me a favor, if you even sense that a person is need of good honest help, do not bother answering questions with the most mundane answers. You said what you needed to say, so let me get my answers from people who are really well intended. I doubt that you are the authority in these matters. thanks. 
romero
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 3:10pm
Your paint could be in worse condition than the others. It may be the same paint but different boxes can come from different batches and some bags could have leaks in them. If it's from the same pool, it's not the paint.

There might be some oils left on the marker from manufacture.

You could be a terrible shot.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

LOL

Originally posted by OPBN OPBN wrote:

Stock Tippmann barrels honestly are terrible. I am surprised that any of you could hit the broad side of a barn with any of them.  In order to properly compare, you would need to all make sure you are chronoing at the same approx FPS and bench test. Could be a slight manufacturing difference in the barrel, could be they are simply better shots than you. :)
Vudoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vudoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 3:15pm

Your paint could be in worse condition than the others. It may be the same paint but different boxes can come from different batches and some bags could have leaks in them. If it's from the same pool, it's not the paint.

There might be some oils left on the marker from manufacture.

well if I'm a terrible shot then there is little I can do. The Alpha with the accuracy problems was passed around and all friends present noticed the difference. Same balls were used from same bag. Thanks for your suggestion buddy.....
romero
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Vudoo Vudoo wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion buddy.....

I didn't mean to offend. Some people complain about their markers not shooting straight or at a high enough rate, only to be picked up by someone more experienced to find that the gun is not the issue.

Tippmanns aren't made to precise standards (relative to higher-end markers) except in regards to threading. If there is an inconsistency in the product, it's not surprising. Did you try swapping barrels? Generally, accuracy is a result of poor barrel to ball match or error in manufacture.

If you were using an old hopper, it could be dirty on the inside, or you could have poured the paint in with dirty hands. You may have chopped a ball early in your shooting. Sometimes it's not obvious.

Another possibility is that your ball detent is in backwards.

Maybe you relied too much on the sights, which could be out of line for some reason.
Vudoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vudoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 3:44pm

Thanks for your suggestion buddy.....

I didn't mean to offend. Some people complain about their markers not shooting straight or at a high enough rate, only to be picked up by someone more experienced to find that the gun is not the issue.

Tippmanns aren't made to precise standards (relative to higher-end markers) except in regards to threading. If there is an inconsistency in the product, it's not surprising. Did you try swapping barrels? Generally, accuracy is a result of poor barrel to ball match or error in manufacture.

If you were using an old hopper, it could be dirty on the inside, or you could have poured the paint in with dirty hands. You may have chopped a ball early in your shooting. Sometimes it's not obvious.

Another possibility is that your ball detent is in backwards.

Maybe you relied too much on the sights, which could be out of line for some reason.
no man, no offense taken. I understand that possibilities are indeed possibilities. I own an A5 and a BT TM7 as well. Those guns shoot great. I do have lapco barrels attached to both of those guns though. I guess I expected the Alpha to perform well out of the box. I had done a bit of research on it and it seemed that most individuals were happy with it out of the box. I am going to strip the gun. Clean it. Oil it. Add a new barrel to it. And find a ball that is better fitted for the barrel. 
   Another thing mack. The other two were shooting the Alpha's with CO2. I was shooting with compressed air. Would that be a factor??? 
romero
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 3:55pm

Another thing mack. The other two were shooting the Alpha's with CO2. I was shooting with compressed air. Would that be a factor??? 

I'm confused, I haven't posted in this thread yet.
Rowdy Lax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowdy Lax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 4:30pm
I have a ABT and mine too shot crappy our of the box i tried alot of diff paint but nothing helped until i got a new barrel. I think that this is pretty much standard cause everyone i know that has one had the same thing happen to them.
""If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti"
Vudoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vudoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I'm confused, I haven't posted in this thread yet.
I didn't mean u. sorry...
romero
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 5:16pm
ya, the Co2 would shoot diffrent then the HPA.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Vudoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vudoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

how so?
romero
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 12:34am

Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

how so?

CO2's relative inconsistency will result in a more varied velocity in your shots. With a perfect ball to barrel match in a perfect barrel, your accuracy will suffer on the vertical axis of a target.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2009 at 2:12am
In other words; compressed air tends to support better accuracy than CO2.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic