Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann vs. Spyder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ledzeppelin41594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ledzeppelin41594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann vs. Spyder
    Posted: 17 March 2009 at 10:14pm
just wondering, which gun is better: a Tippmann X7, or a Spyder MR-2. any help would be nice, and please no responses saying "X7 looks cooler, so get that"
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 10:21pm
X7 looks cooler, so get that
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 12:48am
wrong forum...

X7 looks cooler so get that

seriously though, you'll be more happy with the Tippmann in this case.
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 5:20am
Tippmann forum rule #1: Asking for the public to not do something is the surest way to have that thing done.

That said, I'd go with the X7. Spyders are more of a tinker-toy and a loaner than a main. And that's coming from a big Spyder fan.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Syclops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syclops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 11:25am
Thats like asking should I go for the Ford or the Chevy on a Ford Forum.  If course we are going to say go for the tippmann...they are reliable, easy to tear down, many upgrades available etc.  I do like the Spyder rocking trigger though...not the gun.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Syclops Syclops wrote:

Thats like asking should I go for the Ford or the Chevy on a Ford Forum.  If course we are going to say go for the tippmann...they are reliable, easy to tear down, many upgrades available etc.  I do like the Spyder rocking trigger though...not the gun.
Not always true.  alot of people here recommend many a marker over the tippmann.  personally out of those 2 though i would go with the tippmann.  i have never been a big spyder fan in general. 
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by thejudge thejudge wrote:

Originally posted by Syclops Syclops wrote:

Not always true.  alot of people here recommend many a marker over the tippmann.  personally out of those 2 though i would go with the tippmann.  i have never been a big spyder fan in general. 

But you do have to admit the X7 looks cooler.

Personally, my classic valved Automag is my favorite marker.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 2:00pm
I'd get the a-5...

Here I am shooting some guys with spiders, my a-5 toasted em.

Edited by FreeEnterprise - 18 March 2009 at 2:02pm
They tremble at my name...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 3:49pm
^^^^ We get it, you got several guys out this past weekend with your A5. How many more times are you going to post this?
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 6:38pm
Yeah, im on the tippmann forum all the time, and im not a fan of them. In this case, get the X7. Itll be a better performing, main gun. They are just built better, and have many more options.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Parts Tech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parts Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 8:24pm
Tippmann v. Spyder

Tippmann more reliable  The most reliable paintball guns made
Tippmann much longer warranty
Tippmann many more mods and upgrades
Tippmann guns do not require special air fittings to change out parts or add drops
Tippmann repair parts are cheaper

Spyder lighter weight
Spyder some cheaper options on the low end
Spyder many more designs out of the box to choose from
Spyder not bad guns really.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 2:31pm
I dunno, man. As tinker fodder, the Spyder is capable of so much more. Tippies have it for bolt on aftermarket though.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic