Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto Repair Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 4:52pm
Whatever it is, it isn't happening anymore.  Since I left the oil change, I haven't heard the noise at all.  So I'm not worried about it.
.636 View Drop Down
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 6:46pm
Lifter tick.
Re adjust the valve lash. If your stupid enough to go to an oil change place and listen to their advice then your too dumb to adjust your valves. Go to a shop to have it done.
Most of the time you get number X cylinder to TDS then adjust the lash on cylinders X X and X. Lash for my S10 is tighten till the rods will not move at all then tighten another half turn more.

sway bars dont 'click' when the engine revs higher. Engine components do.
And swaybar threads will either be left or right hand threads deciding on what side of the vehicle to keep them from becoming loose.
Syclops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syclops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 11:17am
Zata - I'm sure .636 did'nt mean to sound so abrasive, becasue I'm sure he realizes that it is that type of attitude that drives people away from the forum AND the sport.

People just have different skill sets and abilities and maybe automotive repair is not yours...it surely is not passed on genetically! So I for one understand that not everyone knows what to look for when dealing with vehicles.  I was self taught as my Pops really did'nt have the time or patience with me.

If your interested in maintaining a vehicle join a vehicle-specific forum, hang with someone who knows or self teach yourself.  Good luck brother!
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Syclops Syclops wrote:

Zata - I'm sure .636 did'nt mean to sound so abrasive, becasue I'm sure he realizes that it is that type of attitude that drives people away from the forum AND the sport.

People just have different skill sets and abilities and maybe automotive repair is not yours...it surely is not passed on genetically! So I for one understand that not everyone knows what to look for when dealing with vehicles.  I was self taught as my Pops really did'nt have the time or patience with me.

If your interested in maintaining a vehicle join a vehicle-specific forum, hang with someone who knows or self teach yourself.  Good luck brother!

LOL
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by .636 .636 wrote:

Lifter tick.
Re adjust the valve lash. If your stupid enough to go to an oil change place and listen to their advice then your too dumb to adjust your valves. Go to a shop to have it done.

Did it ever occur to you I went to the oil change to do just that?  To get my oil changed?  While I was there, I figured I'd ask them about it.

Thanks for your help Syclops

.636 View Drop Down
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Zata Zata wrote:

Lifter tick.

Did it ever occur to you I went to the oil change to do just that?  To get my oil changed?  While I was there, I figured I'd ask them about it.

I know you went to get your oil changed. Dont ever ask oil change people for any mechanical advice as they are not mechanics.
I meant if your stupid enough to actually get your oil changed at some quick lube place. Do it your self in 20 min with a jug of oil, filter and a grease gun for 15 bucks. Just find a bucket to drain your oil in.

Originally posted by Syclops Syclops wrote:

No im pretty sure I mean to sound 'abrasive' and I don't think calling someone a moron about their car is going to turn them away from paintball all together.

Probably will think im a jerk for a very long time but thats about it.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 8:33pm

Probably will think im a jerk for a very long time but thats about it.

Meh, I think most of the people on here are jerks, but they probably thing the same thing about me, so its not really something I worry about.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic