Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fresh new ride

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
.636 View Drop Down
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fresh new ride
    Posted: 10 March 2009 at 9:04pm
Just picked it up last week
1990 Mazda 2600i 4x4 5 speed 2.6L I4 with 208,000 km on it. engine was rebuild 30,000 km ago. Even has all the repair bills in it from back in 1990

Just welded up a flange and hanger for the exhaust since when I bought it the previous owner ripped everything from the cat back off on a stump.
Just needs a rear tube bumper, front bumper cap, re wire 3 signal lights, replace the header to cat pipe gasket since it leaks and rebuild the rear wheel cylinders. Oh and do a front end alignment at school with our machine

800 dollar truck ftw

chronic future View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I’m not back in 5 mins.. Wait longer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronic future Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 9:22pm
decent truck esp for the price
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 9:29pm
fresh brah
.636 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 9:30pm
No kiddin, cant tell in the pic but it has a big dent on the front fender on the passenger side. Ill take a picture of the 2 1/4 exhaust and muffler I made at school

Guy at  the parts counter quoted me 60 bucks for a thrush turbo muffler, then with my discount it was 45, then my neice comes out and goes put it on my account and bam 28 dollars out the door

Going to exit right infront of the drivers side rear tire
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 9:34pm
Nice buy. Enjoy.

I can't wait to pick up a vehicle this summer. Man, do I need it.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
.636 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 9:50pm
I cant wait to drive this thing up at the power lines. Some crazy messed up fun happens up there in the pits

Not sure about the AT's that are on it for tires, might need to find a set of used 31's on craiglist

cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 9:52pm
Nice little truck. 
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 10:17pm
Side Exhaust?
Snorkel Kit?
Firework mortars on the back?
Ozwarg View Drop Down
Drama Panda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozwarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 10:24pm
dude! get some Rims!
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 10:26pm
$15,000 US? 
.636 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 10:27pm
Ozwarg, im white, I dont buy rims
If I were to get new wheels they would be a set of soft 8's

Snorkel is a consideration actually, but not necessary
Side exhaust is in the works as I said
No firework mortars... Just a gun rack for the back window. You know, to be classy
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 10:31pm
Andy why not Give it Smoke Stacks?

they really Piss off Hippies
.636 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 10:36pm
That was a consideration as well.... theres one rust hole in the entire truck and its in the cab right where I could run a pipe and a flapper.... If it was diesel then YES it would get a stack and id increase the size of the injectors and turn up the fuel pump to get it to blow some black smoke

Im a heavy truck mechanic sooooooooo yeah stacks always come into play lol
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 10:52pm
Thats a pretty nice truck for that kinda money. If I where you though I'd chop the bedsides and do a wrap around bumper. Since you mentioned wheeling it might as well get some protection. Add a set of sliders and some tires and you'll be good.   What kinda suspension you got up front?

I really wish I knew how to weld.
.636 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 11:08pm
Torsion bar up front,
Is not going to be in the rocks so sliders aren't on my list

Welding is fun. I love doing it, especially oxy gas welding since I can lay down some amazing looking beads. When I use SMAW I lay down some nice welds too. MIG welding is a little finicky and ill show off my welds tomorrow with MIG because its what I do exhausts with since its brainless and holds decently.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 11:21pm
Dude, I just bought the almost the same truck.  (The one I picked up is a 92 with a flawless body and approximately 500 miles on a new engine.  There probably is some minor electrical work in my future though.)
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 11:57pm
exhaust out the hood like a demo derby.
.636 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 11:59pm
Right now all it has is 2 feet of pipe coming off the headers... Loud as hell and sounds like a tractor 
chronic future View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I’m not back in 5 mins.. Wait longer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronic future Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 1:00am
31 inch tires, do it for sure.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 1:11am
Not a bad price at all, body looks really clean. Nice find.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic