Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ProCarb blues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ProCarb blues
    Posted: 02 March 2009 at 1:07am
So i tested my procarb out 3 days ago.  worked liek a dream.  got to the field and couldnt get above 260 on the chrono.  tried every spring (stock and all 3 from maddmann kit) then on the field it kept gettingstarved for air.  i havent taken it back apart yet as i worked all day but wondering if anyone else had this problem.  Also I was using HPA and both tanks i tried (Crossfire and PE) were completely full.  lemme know if anyone might have some insight into this.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 11:46am
My first recommendation would be to try it on CO2.  The pro-carb was designed in the pre-HPA era and I've noted that most of my unmodified Tippys (even the newer ones) seem to prefer CO2.

If you really want to run it on HPA, you may end up having to play with the balance between the valve and hammer springs.  (Having done this while fine-tuning a pump rebuild, it can be a real PITA.)
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 3:17pm
Yep. CO2 would likely solve your issues.
My Carbs and ProCarb didn't like HPA one bit.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 3:59pm
good to know.  i will play with it a bit and see if i cant resolve it.  if not i will just deal with it or buy a co2 tank.

edit: i guess the part that really struck me as wierd was the fact that i fired it in my basement and went a whole hopper with no issue.  maybe something got in it at the fiedl.  i will strip it clean it and oil it back up then try both HPA and the CO2

Edited by thejudge - 02 March 2009 at 4:20pm
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic