FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HOLY Wordfiltered

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOLY Wordfiltered
    Posted: 01 March 2009 at 1:17am
Jesus H, what do you guys make of this:

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/seattle911/archives/163025.asp

That is just........brutal.....
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 1:35am
I'd hit it.
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 1:43am
Jesus Christ. What a tough man he must be to throw around a 15 year old girl like that....
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 1:48am
She walked into a room that was very obviously not the kitchen or laundry room. Why not?
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

She walked into a room that was very obviously not the kitchen or laundry room. Why not?

He hit her in the face man, that makes it way too obvious.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 2:15am
he was completely justified.  
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 6:14am
She's 15 . . . what other reason do you need?
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 6:50am
/me waits for Linus.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 8:06am
With all the resistance she presented I'm surprised he didn't pull a taser out.
Enmity View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Image

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enmity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 8:23am
I bet linus will bring out the fact that she kicked her shoes out the door, I'm sure he will explain that she kicked them towards the deputy deliberately and that made it justified to slam a 15 year olds head against the wall and throw her to the ground by her hair.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Hysteria Hysteria wrote:

/me waits for Linus.
Que pasa?

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 10:27am
even if he thought he was being threatened or assaulted by what looked to me her snarky attempt to kick her shoes off, he did not use reasonable force given her age, and crime which was apparently no permission to borrow mommys car.  She was probably yapping and being a typical you-can't-touch-me handcuffed 15 year old.  But I'm sure there's plenty of videos that would bore us to death of similar situations where the officers are able to remain calm and go about what they needed to do without pummeling, ramming her face into a concrete wall, then onto the concrete floor.  Once she's down, I don't see her struggle at all and he gives her a couple of big boy shots to the face, again, not reasonable.  Guy needs at the very least anger managament, and possibly a new career.
PS after reading the article on the sherrif involved that was charged for this incident, another detective who was following up on the auto-theft case was watching the video, saw the behaviour and contacted their supervisors to report what they must have thought was excess force.

Edited by JohnnyCanuck - 01 March 2009 at 10:34am
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 10:37am
ummmm

"We had argued strenuously that the videotape released to the media this morning not be released because it does not tell the whole story of the incident," attorney Anne Bremner said in a statement.

"As we argued to the judge, it will inflame public opinion and will severely impact the deputy's right to a fair trial."

wut?

EDIT: Oh wait more...

In his own report from the incident, Schene wrote that the shoe hit him in the right shin, "causing injury and pain." He wrote that he "placed" her into handcuffs and that she needed medical attention for a "panic attack."

He said a "blood filled pocket" formed on his shin, requiring treatment at Auburn General Hospital, according to his report.

That article

Edited by jmac3 - 01 March 2009 at 10:39am
Que pasa?

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 10:40am
Linus, do you actually believe what you type?

I am just curious.

EDIT: how the hell did my post get above yours?

Oh and apparently smashing someones head into a wall is justified after kicking her and throwing in a punch....

Not to mention she is 15 and her crime is using her parent's car without permission...

Edited by jmac3 - 01 March 2009 at 10:42am
Que pasa?

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 10:40am
Why? I don't agree with his actions.

Was he justified in subduing her because she kicked the shoe at him? Yes. Did he use an exorbitant amount of force to do that? Yup.

The initial push into the wall was ok, the throwing on the the ground was pushing it, but using the hair to do so and once he started punching her, that went beyond the line.

You guys have to give me SOME credit, I don't think ALL police action is justified... I just have to balance out your "lynch all cops" attitude.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 10:41am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Linus, do you actually believe what you type?I am just curious.

And do you actually have gray matter between your ears? I said he used too much force.

Exorbitant =
not coming within the scope of the law
exceeding the customary or appropriate limits in intensity, quality, amount, or size

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Linus, do you actually believe what you type?I am just curious.

And do you actually have gray matter between your ears? I said he used too much force.

Exorbitant =
not coming within the scope of the law
exceeding the customary or appropriate limits in intensity, quality, amount, or size

"The initial push into the wall was ok"

Your quote....did you watch the video?
Que pasa?

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 10:45am
Yup, and watched it on the news well before this thread too.

Do I have to start the whole "using the force appropriate to subdue, and nothing more" argument again? Because obviously you're too slow to catch on to it for the past 3 years.

Would I have preferred another method of him doing it? Hell yes. If you think any different then you are just looking for an argument from me.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 10:48am
Force appropriate to subdue a 15 year old who did nothing more than flick a shoe?

I think appropriate force would have been to shut the door on her....

Que pasa?

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 10:49am

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

With all the resistance she presented I'm surprised he didn't pull a taser out.

INB4 Don't tase me bro.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic