FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HOLY Wordfiltered

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 10:47am
I'm sort of in Linus's camp here with the whole 'stealing the car' thing.

If I walk outside and my car is missing and someone tells me "Choop took it" and my response is nothing more than "Oh. Damn, I wish he'd have told me first" then how is that criminal act?

Lets say that I go to the police and tell them that you took my car without my permission, but I don't care. What will the reaction of the police be?

My guess though is that the law stating that someone living in a household can take the car without that being deemed a crime is to prevent pissed off parents from claiming that their car had been stolen by an errant child.

Shooting someone in the knee is a different matter. Why? Because its much more complicated than just the wound. I might even decide not to press charges against you (the shooter) but now you've got other, civil matters to contend with. Firing a gun in a public place perhaps, the legality of your possession if the gun,  and so on.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I'm sort of in Linus's camp here with the whole 'stealing the car' thing. If I walk outside and my car is missing and someone tells me "Choop took it" and my response is nothing more than "Oh. Damn, I wish he'd have told me first" then how is that criminal act?Lets say that I go to the police and tell them that you took my car without my permission, but I don't care. What will the reaction of the police be? My guess though is that the law stating that someone living in a household can take the car without that being deemed a crime is to prevent pissed off parents from claiming that their car had been stolen by an errant child. Shooting someone in the knee is a different matter. Why? Because its much more complicated than just the wound. I might even decide not to press charges against you (the shooter) but now you've got other, civil matters to contend with. Firing a gun in a public place perhaps, the legality of your possession if the gun, and so on.

What about stabbing him in the back of the knee with a fork?
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 11:47am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I'm sort of in Linus's camp here with the whole 'stealing the car' thing. If I walk outside and my car is missing and someone tells me "Choop took it" and my response is nothing more than "Oh. Damn, I wish he'd have told me first" then how is that criminal act?Lets say that I go to the police and tell them that you took my car without my permission, but I don't care. What will the reaction of the police be? My guess though is that the law stating that someone living in a household can take the car without that being deemed a crime is to prevent pissed off parents from claiming that their car had been stolen by an errant child. Shooting someone in the knee is a different matter. Why? Because its much more complicated than just the wound. I might even decide not to press charges against you (the shooter) but now you've got other, civil matters to contend with. Firing a gun in a public place perhaps, the legality of your possession if the gun, and so on.

What about stabbing him in the back of the knee with a fork?

I got intentionally jabbed in the neck with a fork once. I didn't press charges, the matter went away.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 11:48am
The question isn't if you'll be charged, it's if it's legal.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 12:22pm
You're allowed to consent to your own injury. If you're fine with it happening, it's not illegal.

That is why boxers can't get each other arrested for battery.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 12:35pm

If I walk outside and my car is missing and someone tells me "Choop took it" and my response is nothing more than "Oh. Damn, I wish he'd have told me first" then how is that criminal act?

If that happened to me, Choop's going down.  Plus I'm going to tell the cops that he's both high and heavily armed.  Big smile

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

You're allowed to consent to your own injury. If you're fine with it happening, it's not illegal.

They run on batteries?!  I thought they ran on 'roids.

Edited by Mack - 04 March 2009 at 12:36pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 12:39pm

What if I assault someone with amnesia?
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 12:41pm

You answered you're own question.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 12:44pm

Two things come to mind. First the girl was 15. Pretty sure in every state here in the U.S. that her taking the car whether with permission or without would have been an illegal act. 2. It would be interesting to know if the cops pulled her over and realized she was driving without the consent of her parents, whether her parents reported the car stolen not knowing she took it, or if they knew she took it and turned her sorry butt in.  Would be kind of  funny if he parents narc'd her out.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 12:50pm

Yeah but they didn't press charges, it's legal.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 12:51pm

Yeah but they didn't press charges, it's legal.

If they allow it, it's not assault.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 1:04pm
They just forgot, and thus didn't press charges.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 1:19pm
This is one time Choop, where It really looks like you're going out of your way to argue, just because Linus is on the other side.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 2:17pm
Pretty much, I'm just seeing if I can find a scenario that works. Not much else to do in an open lab.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 2:24pm

Pretty much, I'm just seeing if I can find a scenario that works. Not much else to do in an open lab.

Fair enough. I've done it too on occasion.

scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 9:31pm
This copper has no excuse for his actions, Find one and I will dispute it fully...
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by scotchyscotch scotchyscotch wrote:

This copper has no excuse for his actions, Find one and I will dispute it fully...

She was acting like a fifteen year old.
.636 View Drop Down
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 9:50pm
Stop the arguing, you guys really need to learn the joys of beating up 15 year old girls. Gets all your stresses out at once, plus it makes them better wives in the future, because they know whats going to happen if they over cook the roast, miss a spot vacuuming and such.

Its all good
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

I don't know if the "beat every 15 year old" act will hold up to be honest. 
He should know better.
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 10:02pm

Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

I don't know if the "beat every 15 year old" act will hold up to be honest. 
He should know better.

I am guessing you don't deal with teenage girls very often? Trust me, she had it coming.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic