Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xXWmeLLonXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXWmeLLonXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help
    Posted: 27 February 2009 at 6:02pm
Hey guys I was jsut out shooting my x7 and for some reason every time I shoot it I have to recock it before shooting it again..sometimes recokcing it wont even make it shoot again. Im using co2. Any ideas why?
"War does not determine who is right-only who is left."
Bertrand Russell
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 6:05pm
Perhaps your CO2 tank is low/empty.  (What size is it and when did you last fill it.)

It could also be due to the temperature.  What was the the weather like when you were shooting?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXWmeLLonXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 6:07pm
45 degrees
Bertrand Russell
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXWmeLLonXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 6:08pm
And the tank is 20 oz....I got it from Wal Mart and it was full
Bertrand Russell

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 6:20pm
Did they fill it for you at Wal-Mart?  CO2 tanks are normally shipped and sold empty.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXWmeLLonXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2009 at 9:28am
Well my WalMArt has a trading program where you buy one there full and when its empty you go back and they give you a new filled tank in place of your old one...so they can go fill the old one. And they only charge you for gas
Bertrand Russell

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2009 at 11:58am
In that case, I'd have to hazard a guess that the temp might have been your problem.  To verify this, try firing the marker safely (BBD in place without paint in marker) in a warmer location (i.e. indoors) using the same tank and see what happens.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXWmeLLonXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2009 at 5:42pm
Firing inside was fine...Im going to go with your guess that it was too cold. If I went with hpa would I still have this problem? 
Bertrand Russell

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2009 at 6:14pm
No, compressed air is not temperature sensitive like CO2 is.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 2:00pm

HPA tanks are also 3-4 times the price for even cheap ones and you may want to check the availability of places to refill as well before you invest. However, as Mack said, they are superior for cold weather usage as temperature doesn't effect them.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 01 March 2009 at 2:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic