FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TPX arrives in April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TPX arrives in April
    Posted: 07 February 2009 at 5:20pm
Tippmann's Pistol the TPX arrives in stores in April. As Revealed from the Paintball Extravaganza. I have to say it's even more awesome than the prototype version. MILSIM enthusiasts will be glad that the extra time taken to perfect the product was well worth the wait.

Thanks to my fellow Marine and Friend Sideshow from Team IYAOYAS, Dirty South Paintball Team ( ;) ) for the pics.

Sangreti View Drop Down
1 strike, offensive post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 8:18pm
neeto
~square peg~

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 11:01pm
Looks like a solid pistol. I can't wait to get my hands on one.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 11:10pm
ima pick it up. anny word on a price???
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 11:51pm
Is it ALL plastic?
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 12:42am
looks kinda like an MP7
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 1:38am
Clamshell, oh how I hate you.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 8:54am
As you can see from that first picture. They incorporated the remote support. That bump out the left side has a plug that can be removed and a remote nipple put in so you can holster your gun while the remotes connected.

magazines are standard 1911 .45acp size so standard mag pouches will work. The prize has not been finalized but it's cheaper than an arm or your first born child.

magazine release isnt lefty friendly, but then again who is friendly to leftys in the first place.

you can also see the windows that will keep junk out your magazine in the ammo view holes.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 9:59am
sweet, so you can run it on a remote line?
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 2:20pm
Estimated price of the mags?

How much will they hold and how many shots can you get off a 12 gram?

What kind of plastic does it contain? It looks kind of shoddy.

The barrel had better be aluminum. That's not a question, that's a command.

Edited by Tolgak - 08 February 2009 at 2:20pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 6:06pm
the barrel is a-5 threaded but like uber skinny. Its made out of Super Chromium in the cool guy & mods version and made out of aluminum in the regular joe version.

The gun from guys that have held it says that it feels SOLID. It's well balanced and it feels right in your hands. The Magazine pricing hasn't been announced yet but I hear cheaper than Tib 8.

Word has it that it shoots about 22 per 12gram.
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 6:20pm
that thing is sick, i so want it.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 9:56pm
looks good.  i cant    wait to get one when it finally drops.  Are the mags 8rnd or 10 rnd though?
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by thejudge thejudge wrote:

looks good.  i cant    wait to get one when it finally drops.  Are the mags 8rnd or 10 rnd though?

Considering they're about the size of 1911 mags, I'd bet they're 6 rounds.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 10:44pm
8 rounds
arcticmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcticmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

8 rounds
It would be awesome if they could've fit more like 12 in by using an overlaying system where they aren't directly stacked on top of each other but sit more like rounds in a real magazine to optimize space. Si?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 2:49am
Originally posted by arcticmonkey arcticmonkey wrote:

8 rounds
It would be awesome if they could've fit more like 12 in by using an overlaying system where they aren't directly stacked on top of each other but sit more like rounds in a real magazine to optimize space. Si?
Given the larger diameter of paintballs, that would probably have resulted in a grip that was too big for some people.  Also, the offset stacked rounds in real pistols can be guided into place by the top of the magazine/chamber and heavy-duty springs; things which might get messy with paintballs.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by arcticmonkey arcticmonkey wrote:

8 rounds
Given the larger diameter of paintballs, that would probably have resulted in a grip that was too big for some people.  Also, the offset stacked rounds in real pistols can be guided into place by the top of the magazine/chamber and heavy-duty springs; things which might get messy with paintballs.

Agreed.  Its actually too bad they didnt just make the drip a little longer.  Maybe they will come out with extended mags.  The reason I asked is because some of the scenarios we attend can get long and I will want to be able to reload the mags when i can.  I will probably end up cutting down some 10 round tubes to hold only 8.  That way I can just dump those right in and not have to worry about wasting 2 balls (moneys tight lol)
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 12:34pm
I used to be excited about this.  Now I am like extra-super-duper excited.

Gotta get two.  And a trenchcoat.  Sunglasses.

And a slow-motion machine.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 12:48pm
If Tippmann doesn't, I'll bet someone comes up with at least a 10 round if not 12round  mag for these relatively shortly. Depends on how accurate the claim is that they get 12 shots per 12 g.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic