FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Change?... yeah, right.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2009 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Originally posted by Bruce Banner Bruce Banner wrote:

So...  so are going to ignore the major changes he has already instituted, and instead focus on a few perceived familiarities and declare "no change?"

That does not seem intellectually honest.
You mean like closing Guantanamo Bay? Yeah...... great change there buddy.Just let the terrorists go.Oh what a great president. He has done so much good in the 3 flipping weeks hes been office.
What makes you think he will just let the terrorists go? There are 60 or so detainees that were cleared to leave (deemed no threat) during the Bush admin. we just have no place to send them and are trying to get our allies to take them. Closing Gitmo is a diplomatic play to get our allies to help us in Afghanistan and to take the releasable guys.

After the recent supreme court case that declared the right to Habeas exists on Gitmo the main reason for gitmo (being out of jurisdiction of the courts) is null and is just a symbol to human rights abuses committed during the past eight years.

By moving the prisoners still awaiting trail/hearings (a process still not setup since the recent court case struck down the old version) nothing changes other than us symbolically showing the world our commitment to human rights.

--------

Touchy subject for me, I'm writing my senior thesis in this area.

Expect much more whining from me about this for the next three months.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Bruce Banner Bruce Banner wrote:

You want some change?  Here's your change for you (President Obama discussing Daschle, quoted on FoxNews.com):

Originally posted by Barack Obama Barack Obama wrote:

I consider this a mistake on my part, one that I intend to fix and correct and make sure that we're not screwing up again.  Ultimately I have to take responsibility for a process that resulted in us not having a  secretary at a time when people need relief on their health care costs. 

So this is a mistake -- probably not the first one I'm going to be making in this office, but what I'm absolutely committed to doing is fixing it.

Two days ago, Obama said he "Absolutely" stood by his nomination of Daschle.

Then Daschle quit (to the absolute disappointment of his peers in congress, who said they would have easily confirmed him) which "shocked" Obama when pressed about it on fox news last night.

I am impressed that he took credit for blowing a bunch of his nominations. So the jury is still out.

I think what Daschle would have done to our health care would have been disasterous. I help pick our health care at my company... Not a fun job. Watching the costs skyrocket each year. But, putting the government in charge of it is the WRONG way to go. They have proven (SS, Medicare, shoot look at how bad the VA system is... and you want THAT for your health care???) that they are unable to manage this kind of thing.

On a side note, my healthcare costs are only going up $8.00 a month this year! Whoo Hoo! Last year they went up 40%. So, as usual, government is trying to get into the game after the situation is already turning around...

Lets look for a minute at the so called "stimulus bill". This payback to all the people that voted democrat in the last election is an abomination to our "democracy".

Paying for votes is illegal. When we elect people to do a job, we are not suppost to have them in turn pay us for our votes. See "Rod Blagojevich"

But, the "stimulus bill" is just that. Paying the people that elected the current "Czars" into office. (nice how we now use communist titles here in the "free" republic, oh, ignore their morality, or lack of values, as they are soo much smarter than you...)

• $2 billion earmark to re-start FutureGen, a near-zero emissions coal power plant in Illinois that the Department of Energy defunded last year because it said the project was inefficient.

• A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film.

• $650 million for the digital television converter box coupon program.

• $88 million for the Coast Guard to design a new polar icebreaker (arctic ship).

• $448 million for constructing the Department of Homeland Security headquarters.

• $248 million for furniture at the new Homeland Security headquarters.

• $600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees.

• $400 million for the Centers for Disease Control to screen and prevent STD's.

• $1.4 billion for rural waste disposal programs.

• $125 million for the Washington sewer system. ACTUALLY wait, this is probably a good idea with all the cr&p coming out of washington...

• $150 million for Smithsonian museum facilities.

• $1 billion for the 2010 Census, which has a projected cost overrun of $3 billion.

• $75 million for "smoking cessation activities."

• $200 million for public computer centers at community colleges.

• $75 million for salaries of employees at the FBI.

• $25 million for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction.

• $500 million for flood reduction projects on the Mississippi River.

• $10 million to inspect canals in urban areas.

• $6 billion to turn federal buildings into "green" buildings.

• $500 million for state and local fire stations.

• $650 million for wildland fire management on forest service lands.

• $1.2 billion for "youth activities," including youth summer job programs.

• $88 million for renovating the headquarters of the Public Health Service.

• $412 million for CDC buildings and property.

• $500 million for building and repairing National Institutes of Health facilities in Bethesda, Maryland.

• $160 million for "paid volunteers" at the Corporation for National and Community Service. WHAT IS A PAID volunteer... Here we go changing the definition of words again...

• $5.5 million for "energy efficiency initiatives" at the Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemetery Administration.

• $850 million for Amtrak.

• $100 million for reducing the hazard of lead-based paint.

• $75 million to construct a "security training" facility for State Department Security officers when they can be trained at existing facilities of other agencies.

• $110 million to the Farm Service Agency to upgrade computer systems.

• $200 million in funding for the lease of alternative energy vehicles for use on military installations

all taken from

But, remember, the senate said they would "trim" the budget down, when it reached them...

And yet last night they added another $80,000,000 to it... Including tax credits to buy fossil fuel cars... (which goes against all the "green" stuff in this bloated bill).

So change the words "trim back" to increase and you will get a good idea of what we are in for.

And this is only the beginning, Unless you contact your senator, they will continue to spend our childrens, childrens money. We need a real stimulus bill, with lower taxes, and tax incentives for business owners. And stop the bailouts, which only benefit the bad managment to keep doing wrong and getting paid for it...

This "payback" bill is horrific.

They tremble at my name...
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 9:05am
Czar isn't a communist title.... It's the title of monarchy that Russia had before they had the communist revolution. It comes from the name Cesar.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 9:27am
man, oh man.

I for one can't wait for Government run health care...

I'm sure it will mean more doctors, and shorter lines... Kind of like the system in Japan...

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 9:30am
FE, do you ever acknowledge someone who disproves something you claim as fact?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 9:56am
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

FE, do you ever acknowledge someone who disproves something you claim as fact?

I usually ignore your posts, but since you called me out, I figured I missed something... Thanks for wasting my time, looking back for something I missed...

Why don't you point out the place where my facts were disproved in this thread?

Mix in some knowledge, calling current events "old" is pretty pathetic. I realize you resent me, and my ideals, but your lack of ability to argue your position is telling of the academic level of America's poor education system. (which is also getting money in this "stimulus plan"... I'm sure throwing money at a broken system will increase grades...)

$142,000,000,000 to be exact going to Education...

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Debating FE is probably the biggest waste of time there is.

That's why.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 11:39am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Why don't you point out the place where my facts were disproved in this thread?

Paying the people that elected the current "Czars" into office. (nice how we now use communist titles here in the "free" republic, oh, ignore their morality, or lack of values, as they are soo much smarter than you...)

"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 11:41am
Wow...
True, there are some questionable (and by that I mean not directly stimulative) spending items that you listed, but the majority of things on that list are indeed likely to provide plenty of public works jobs.
Who do you think is going to build all that stuff?

Don't you think that buying those hybrid vehicles could help stimulate the economy by helping out the automotive companies? And at the same time reduce the amount of money the feds ar paying out for gasoline?
You also clearly misunderstand the issue of "buying fossil fuel cars."
That plan is meant to buy up old clunkers getting under 18mpg and give people a tax credit to go buy a newer, more fuel efficient vehicle. The old cars will be crushed and recycled. Helps the automakers without "giving away" money, and could help us cut back on our oil consumption at the same time. Two birds, one stone.

I also would like to ask... What makes you think Barack Obama endorses socialization of medicine?
That is not his stated goal, and I would be very interested to know who told you that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 3:28pm
Nancy Pelosi is the Intelligence Czar.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 3:30pm

Right, but Czar is not a communist title. It is actually the exact opposite.

That was the point I was making.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

Wow...
True, there are some questionable (and by that I mean not directly stimulative) spending items that you listed, but the majority of things on that list are indeed likely to provide plenty of public works jobs.
Who do you think is going to build all that stuff?

Don't you think that buying those hybrid vehicles could help stimulate the economy by helping out the automotive companies? And at the same time reduce the amount of money the feds ar paying out for gasoline?
You also clearly misunderstand the issue of "buying fossil fuel cars."
That plan is meant to buy up old clunkers getting under 18mpg and give people a tax credit to go buy a newer, more fuel efficient vehicle. The old cars will be crushed and recycled. Helps the automakers without "giving away" money, and could help us cut back on our oil consumption at the same time. Two birds, one stone.

I also would like to ask... What makes you think Barack Obama endorses socialization of medicine?
That is not his stated goal, and I would be very interested to know who told you that.

Obama told me that...

Look, markets are either free, or they are regulated. Obviously by my moniker you can see where I stand. The more cafe stadards that government imposes the worse it is for the automakers.

If there was a better car that was "green" it would sell fine. We don't need to force the issue. (look at what forcing corn based fuels has done...) Wind energy is fine, but it is unreliable and not economical.

Nuclear energy is the best bang for the buck, but we know where the greenies stand on that... So we are going to waste money on sources that are ineffecient and wasteful uses of our limited resources. If it works well, the free market will adopt it, without the government forcing it too.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Sorry you missed my sarcasm. I'll try and remember to put little Lol's after each one...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 3:42pm

Sorry you missed my sarcasm. I'll try and remember to put little Lol's after each one...

That was not sarcasm.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 3:44pm
So are we 100% sure that FE isn't a troll?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 4:03pm
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 4:06pm
And that sums up your argument style/ proof
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 4:08pm
"500 million Americans lose thier jobs every month" Nancy Pelosi
Another case of Democrat math, or pure ineptness.

And not a blip other than Drudge.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 6:47pm

That was not sarcasm.

czar   var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://cache.lexico.com/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "60", "18", "", "6"); interfaceflash.addParam("loop", "false"); interfaceflash.addParam("quality", "high"); interfaceflash.addParam("menu", "false"); interfaceflash.addParam("salign", "t"); interfaceflash.addParam("FlashVars", "soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcache.lexico.com%2Fdictionary%2Faudio%2Fahd4%2FC%2FC0848700.mp3"); interfaceflash.write(); < id=speaker code=code= height=18 width=60 align=textTop id=:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000 http: fpdownload.macromedia.com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash.cab#version='6,0,0,0"'>< NAME="_cx" VALUE="1588">< NAME="_cy" VALUE="476">< NAME="FlashVars" VALUE="">< NAME="Movie" VALUE="http://cache.lexico.com/d/g/speaker.swf">< NAME="" VALUE="http://cache.lexico.com/d/g/speaker.swf">< NAME="WMode" VALUE="">< NAME="Play" VALUE="0">< NAME="Loop" VALUE="0">< NAME="Quality" VALUE="High">< NAME="SAlign" VALUE="T">< NAME="Menu" VALUE="0">< NAME="" VALUE="">< NAME="AllowAccess" VALUE="">< NAME="Scale" VALUE="ShowAll">< NAME="DeviceFont" VALUE="0">< NAME="Movie" VALUE="0">< NAME="" VALUE="">< NAME="SWRemote" VALUE="">< NAME="Movie" VALUE="">< NAME="SeamlessTabbing" VALUE="1">< NAME="Pro" VALUE="0">< NAME="ProAddress" VALUE="">< NAME="Pro" VALUE="0">< NAME="AllowNetworking" VALUE="all">< NAME="AllowFullScreen" VALUE="false">  (zär, tsär)  Pronunciation Key 
n.  
  1. also tsar or tzar (zär, tsär) A male monarch or emperor, especially one of the emperors who ruled Russia until the revolution of 1917.
  2. A person having great power; an autocrat: "the square-jawed, ruddy complacency of Jack Farrell, the czar of the Fifteenth Street police station" (Ernest Hemingway).
  3. Informal An appointed official having special powers to regulate or supervise an activity: a racetrack czar; an energy czar.

[Russian tsar', from Old Russian tsĭsarĭ, emperor, king, from Old Church Slavonic tsěsarĭ, from Gothic kaisar, from Greek, from Latin Caesar, emperor; see caesar.]
czar'dom n.
Usage Note: The word czar can also be spelled tsar. Czar is the most common form in American usage and the one nearly always employed in the extended senses "any tyrant" or informally, "one in authority." But tsar is preferred by most scholars of Slavic studies as a more accurate transliteration of the Russian and is often found in scholarly writing with reference to one of the Russian emperors.
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 10:40pm
FE, instead of whining about what you see being done in our government why dont you actually tell us what you would do?

Its alot easier to say, you moron! instead of actually coming up with an INTELLIGENT solution.

So? I'm all ears.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic