FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

youtube is cool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: youtube is cool
    Posted: 13 January 2009 at 6:23pm

I've been into smooth jazz and "indie" jazz etc. for a few years now and in my quest to dl mp3's not using a p2p service I came up with a nifty way to mp3 youtube vids. 

chris standring videos rock

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=chris+sandring+catwalk &hl=en&emb=1&aq=f#

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=chris+sandring+catwalk &hl=en&emb=1&aq=f#q=chris%20sandring%20love%20and%20paragraphs&hl=en&emb=1

Sent from a phone booth
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 6:25pm
That doesn't make any sense... you are using youtube to download music as you don't want to use P2P, but by doing so you are using it AS p2p. One peer uploaded that song, and now you downloaded it. What's the point? or are you just after the lowest sound quality you can find?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 6:41pm

just don't like messing with p2p programs etc.  I already have high quality stuff that I want.  With this jazz stuff thru ear phones, quality doesn't matter to me.

this one rocks too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziLT3KQhr8Q

Edited by Lightningbolt - 13 January 2009 at 8:15pm
Sent from a phone booth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 6:44pm
Why not just use pandora.com and exploit the tmp files to save songs? You'll get a better variety and more likely to get things that you like, as you influence its results. Heck worse comes to worse, use pandora to find what you like and a p2p program to get it, its really not a hassle at all.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 7:02pm
My parents gift of a terabyte drive has seriously driven my p2p sharing.  Also, I'm having trouble filling it.
BU Engineering 2012
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

My parents gift of a terabyte drive has seriously driven my p2p sharing. Also, I'm having trouble filling it.

That means you're doing it wrong.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 8:13pm

I've searched only 2 songs on pandora and haven't found them.  I can get mainstream anywhere.  The radio, rip a friends cd etc.  I'm going to check out this thing you call "pandora" further =)

Sent from a phone booth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 8:22pm
Pandora is fantastic, and a great way to find artists you had no idea existed.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 9:47am

This all started years ago with my dissapointment in not being able to find some of my difficult to find, obscure stuff.  I found a dead-end road with p2p finalizing my collection.  As an example, Elvis Gospel has been extremely hard/impossible for me to find but I haven't checked in a couple of years.  His Gospel was his best music.

I'd rather listen to low quality Elvis gospel than not listen to it at all  In turn I'd also rather listen to jazz with alot of static on the radio than the best remastering of ac/dc on a 5000 watt system.

For some music the experience is actually enhanced when it sounds like it's coming from a cheesy elevator speaker

Edited by Lightningbolt - 14 January 2009 at 10:00am
Sent from a phone booth
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 11:02am
Say choopie, is there a website somewhere that goes through that pandora exploit?

Note: No, I havent googled it yet.
///AMG What?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 11:35am
It is possible that it doesn't work anymore, but it was easily found on google before.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic