FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why do you need a mosin for zombies?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Enmity Enmity wrote:

Why is it so many 'what would you do if zombies attacked!?' threads come up?

You didn't pay one iota of attention to the election did you....

And you wonder why these threads come up....

Remember folks, Zack don't breath, so water doesn't mean squat when it comes to protection. He'll just walk along the bottom until he comes up on dry-land again and bite you when you least expect it.

I'm thinking prison-farm somewhere up north where I can wait for them to freeze in the winter and then go decapitate them with a chain-saw when they do. Remember folks, population density is something to remember when looking for a safe haven to wait out the apocalypse.

Edited by tallen702 - 03 January 2009 at 12:06am
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:07am
For Zombie Defense it's hard to top my S&W .500 Magnum. Heck it's even rated for the rare but Deadly T-Rex outbreak.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

For Zombie Defense it's hard to top my S&W .500 Magnum. Heck it's even rated for the rare but Deadly T-Rex outbreak.

Do they make a model with the Puerto-Rican flag annodized on the barrel? You know, para la defensa de la barrio?
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:20am
Cold weather is a good idea.  Zombies presumably aren't smart enough to dress well, and the cold will slow them down.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:30am
I need to get zombie nazi mode...
unvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

until you run out of bullets.... man the crowbar, maybe the spetsnaz shovel... both wuld be good things to have
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 1:02am
Im liking the gator idea... But... Zombie gators?

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 1:13am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

If zombies ever happen I am hauling ass to the Everglades.

Natural zombie defense. Gators like dead human flesh.

Not fail safe as there's no guarantee that the gators will get every zombie, or even a majority of them.

As for Alcatraz, Land of the Dead showed us that zombies can walk under water.

Me? I'd get the ultimate zombie survival vehicle;

notXXscared View Drop Down

Strike 1, 8-21 Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notXXscared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 1:16am
zombie gators is nuts dude, I don't even know...like how do you get rid of those. that's sooo whackk I wonder if it could happen

Edited by notXXscared - 03 January 2009 at 1:18am

Previously DYE PLAYA
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Not fail safe as there's no guarantee that the gators will get every zombie, or even a majority of them.

As for Alcatraz, Land of the Dead showed us that zombies can walk under water.

Me? I'd get the ultimate zombie survival vehicle;

or...

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 1:24am

Originally posted by Rofl_Mao Rofl_Mao wrote:

Woah...

Edited by DeTrevni - 03 January 2009 at 1:24am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 2:06am
Bahahahaha.  Nice DeTrevni.

X
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 2:17am
EXACTLY what I was thinking Detrev. The resemblance is uncanny.

As far as trains go, that would be a legitimate idea for survival. load up a car with food, one with weapons, one with water, get a few cars for fuel, and a passenger car or two, head somewhere remote (and cold, since that seems like a good idea), and hope the military gets something done.
JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 2:20am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by JohnnyHopper JohnnyHopper wrote:

Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

well i mean if your not man enough to take a real round you can shoot that little 7.62x39...

be glad they werent shooting .338 laupa or .50 bmg...

I'm man enough not buy another boom stick until my wife says it's ok. I'll probably step "up" to .223 if it's alright with her....

So you're saying that the following is true?

JohnnyHopper =
-

Amiright?

.223 isn't a step up unless you're shooting .22 short there bub.

REAL guns disintegrate cinder-block at 200 meters, not just poke a hole in it.

Next thing I know, you're going to be trying to tell me that the PPSh shoots "too fast" or that the AKM is "too heavy."

Wuss....

Actually I shoot .22 CB shorts because I have weak wrists...
My shoes of peace have steel toes.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 9:38am
shoot, my vm68 has more recoil than a .22 short...

anyways... zombie protection = mountain base in the northern region of the rockies... dig a hole big enough to house a small city. geo thermal heating and power... just need some good lights to grow a few crops and your good.

Edited by merc - 03 January 2009 at 9:40am
saving the world, one warship at a time.
a_sock View Drop Down
closet MILSIMer, rides WAAHMbulance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_sock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 10:39am
anyone think that if zombies did break out they would try and capture/tame one? Meh id just hold up in my house, near the groceries, Im in canadia and on a snow belt so it gets cold fast in winter, lots of forest near me, lots of sporting good stores. I feel that a smart idea would be to wall up in a grocery store, board up all the glass windows but put slots so you can sharpen broom handles and just stick them out at times to skewer zombies when they rattle on the walls. Get a 360 and play l4d while its happening, call it practicing out scenarios/training ppl
its easy to be famous, just set yourself on fire
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

EXACTLY what I was thinking Detrev. The resemblance is uncanny. As far as trains go, that would be a legitimate idea for survival. load up a car with food, one with weapons, one with water, get a few cars for fuel, and a passenger car or two, head somewhere remote (and cold, since that seems like a good idea), and hope the military gets something done.

Meh, I don't like the idea of being confined to a track... or if another train comes... or if a vehicle is blocking a train-crossing.

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

EXACTLY what I was thinking Detrev. The resemblance is uncanny. As far as trains go, that would be a legitimate idea for survival. load up a car with food, one with weapons, one with water, get a few cars for fuel, and a passenger car or two, head somewhere remote (and cold, since that seems like a good idea), and hope the military gets something done.

Meh, I don't like the idea of being confined to a track... or if another train comes... or if a vehicle is blocking a train-crossing.

You would be confined to something during a zombie attack; why not a mobile, metal fortress?

The others are good concerns, and I'd have to consult with my appointed z-day leaders (Tallen and Elvis)
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:40pm
Second floor apartment, the only entrance is a single external staircase. Staircase would be destroyed, and I'd steal the roof ladder from the fire house which is about 400 yards away. That would be my in and out should I need to exit for any reason. I've got two big windows that face the two main roads on the intersection I live on. The store room of the bar across the street provides food- and the garand, MkIII enfield, and a few other rifles with ample ammunition should get me through just about anything. 

a_sock View Drop Down
closet MILSIMer, rides WAAHMbulance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_sock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 12:41pm

you would have to stop for supplies, food, gas, weapons of some sort.  it also makes noise, which means it will attract them.

does anyone think if you cranked your paintball guns fps up as high as it will allow, put marbles in it, would it harm a zombie? what about pencils/pens or nails? I dont have any firearms... Ive got fully functional katana's though...

And if we are to get deeper into this discusion we must clear up the origins of the zombies, if they are fast or slow, come back from dead or must be infected, and the situation with animals(Ive got 4 cats Id be dead and in the litter box by morning)

its easy to be famous, just set yourself on fire
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic