FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How the Shenk stole Christmas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 1:18pm
Or perhaps it is just human nature to think that everyone is out to poop on your X-mas parade.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 5:36pm

"X-tian" was a commonly used abbreviation in many of my college notes, it's lazy/ trendy, nothing more. If you feel the holiday deserves more formality, use the full word. This thread and necro just show how the forum has become less enjoyable. Everything comes back to Obama, or Christianity, and FE hasn't even posted in here.

Edited by rednekk98 - 21 December 2011 at 5:38pm
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I remember being younger, and every year wishing I'd be included. LOL Oh the things that used to matter.

I still wish I was included.

):

I'd rather be included in the night before christmas one.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 5:56pm
I have NEVER heard of anyone being offended at Xmas being used for shorthand.  Until now, that is.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 6:00pm

The only expression that really eliminates Christianity from the Christmas Season purposely is "Happy Holidays". I find that expression more silly than offensive though, because in its urgency to be religiously neutral it loses any and all relevent meaning whatsoever. It's like going to someone's birthday party and saying "Happy Day!"

On a sidenote though, I really do get sick of the whole OMG JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON stuff on Facebook, along with the THEYRE TAKING CHRIST OUT OF CHRISTMAS GRAB UR GUNS paranoia. To be honest, I'd say the happy holidays trend was really propelled by businesses that wanted to market to a broader audience during the most fiscally important season of the year.

*Warning: Humbug Ahead*

The irony in that is that Christians have purposely commercialized their holiday, and then complain when businesses market it as such. They want the act of spoiling already spoiled children with expensive gifts to be viewed in some form of sacred manner.

Edited by stratoaxe - 21 December 2011 at 6:01pm
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Currently awaiting brand new strikes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 7:14pm
It's like anything good. People take the good bits and build on them and leave the jiggery pokery to the daftys.

Christmas has only relatively recently become a big deal and I think this is in no small part to people forgetting about the religious (read boring) parts.

I hate to bring this point up but it does seem appropriate. Christmas is a hijacked version of some other group of wizards holiday/party. I don't pray or think of jeebus at the christmas dinner table but as always you can do what you want. 

Don't rely on others to share your point of view before you can celebrate it. They're not in your house, they can do what they want.

So anyway, Merry chrimbo!
The Reaper "And yet... His facebook says he "likes" Coons..."
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2011 at 10:22pm
Sometimes I think I may be the only Christian who doesn't get the slightest bit offended when someone tells me "happy holidays".  I'm more than understanding that people don't celebrate Christmas, and don't want to be told to have a Merry Christmas.  You would generally correct someone if they said "happy birthday" to you and it wasn't your birthday, right?  Of course that's far from a good example, as the door for being offended gets open due to the religious aspect of it compared to a birthday, but you see what I'm trying to get at.

I should say, however, that I do think its silly that people get upset over others saying "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays",  but I also think its just as silly that people feel the need to say "Merry Christmas" in rebellion against "Happy Holidays".  

Really, its just another reason besides commercialization that the holiday season is going down the pooper.

Edited by Yomillio - 21 December 2011 at 10:23pm
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2012 at 9:05pm
Well, it is that time of the year again. There are twelve days left until Christmas, and...well... I'm festive. And I miss the stupid traditions we have around these here parts. Merry Christmas!

Yes, tradition dictates that Whale posts it on Christmas eve, but he slacked for two years. We love him anyway. 

Oh, I'm quite proud of my ugly christmas sweater sig.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2012 at 10:03pm
I love the sig, probably one of the best christmas ones I've seen on here. I was pretty happy to see this thread on the front page again. Man, not being in school makes christmas approach MUCH faster. I need to get some shopping done, I only have one idea so far.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2012 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I love the sig, probably one of the best christmas ones I've seen on here. I was pretty happy to see this thread on the front page again. Man, not being in school makes christmas approach MUCH faster. I need to get some shopping done, I only have one idea so far.

LOL, it took me all of 10 minutes in MS paint. If you look closely you can see all of the mistakes I made. I just used a design I found online and moved stuff around. 

As for shopping, I found that I did a majority of my shopping online except for two things so far. It is kind of nice, I will say. What are you doing for Christmas? Catching a plane to BC and staying for a few days?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2012 at 8:57am
I DEMAND Santa Chewp!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2012 at 9:16am
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Well, it is that time of the year again. There are twelve days left until Christmas, and...well... I'm festive. And I miss the stupid traditions we have around these here parts. Merry Christmas!

Yes, tradition dictates that Whale posts it on Christmas eve, but he slacked for two years. We love him anyway. 

Oh, I'm quite proud of my ugly christmas sweater sig.

Whale's slacking not withstanding, I like that this thread was resurrected.  It seems more traditional than starting a new thread.

happy holidays and merry x-mas to all.

Edit: 

Santa Choop!

Santa Choop!

Santa Choop!

Santa Choop!

Santa Choop!

Santa Choop!

Santa Choop!

Santa Choop!

Santa Choop!

Santa Choop!

Santa Choop!

Santa Choop!

Edited by Mack - 14 December 2012 at 9:17am
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2012 at 9:26am
Tippmann should hook us up with some swag for being good and loyal Forum members. I would not mind a Tippmann sticker for my back window to match my laser cut Tippmann version of Shorty's patch.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2012 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Tippmann should hook us up with some swag for being good and loyal Forum members. I would not mind a Tippmann sticker for my back window to match my laser cut Tippmann version of Shorty's patch.

I wish they would re-release their old Tippmann shirts, the ones where it was a white or black shirt with the red TIPPMANN lettering and PAINTBALL-MADE IN THE USA below it. I had both the white and black ones, and I loved them both. 

I also got a Tippmann dealer banner for Christmas one year. Twas nice.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 11:53pm
You can thank Mr. Carbinefreak for this. 

Merry Christmas, y'all.

Edited by SSOK - 24 December 2012 at 11:53pm
Santa Chewp View Drop Down
Ninja Santa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Santa Chewp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2012 at 10:00pm
Whoa whoa, sorry I'm late folks, too much nog.
[IMG]http://i9.tinypic.com/8f3jo8l.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic