Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chipped Snowboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
notXXscared View Drop Down

Strike 1, 8-21 Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notXXscared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chipped Snowboard
    Posted: 18 December 2008 at 7:56am
So I was Snowboarding the other day and some dumbass skier comes plowing into the lift line. He crashes into me, runs my board over, and bounces off, ending up a twisted up mess underneath other people. Now my brand new board has 2 decent sized chips: one right on the edge and the other more so on the top layer. Anyone know if a ski shop can do anything about it? I know they can fill under side scratches easily, but I never had any chips or anything on the top. It probably won't affect the ride much it just looks like ass on a brand new board. 

Previously DYE PLAYA
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 8:23am
Haven't you watched Johnny Tsunami? Challenge him to a race. SNOW URCHIN.
little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 8:24am
Stickers? I dont think there is really anything else you can do.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 9:19am
I would be pissed as well, but its really not worth you paying to fix something that doesn't need to be fixed.

In before skiers vs boarders.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 10:25am
Make the bo-tard who crashed into you pay for it?
Guess that's out of the question now...
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 11:22am
I've had chips on top filled, if I recall they just fill it with some fiberglass or something, and it never looks that good.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 11:36am
Slap a sticker on the top.

For the edge, did he ding the metal or something? Or is it the rounded section where the top meets the edge?

oh, and pick up one of these: link. You'll thank me for it.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Santa Chewp View Drop Down
Ninja Santa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Santa Chewp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 1:47pm
I still need a tuning kit.  Paying to have my edges dumb just seems silly.
[IMG]http://i9.tinypic.com/8f3jo8l.jpg">
notXXscared View Drop Down

Strike 1, 8-21 Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notXXscared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

Make the bo-tard who crashed into you pay for it?
Guess that's out of the question now...

It was like an 8 year old kid. He looked like he knew what he was doing...minus stopping, which was done by plowing full speed into the lift line.

Previously DYE PLAYA
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 2:35pm
As long as there's no wood exposed, it's just cosmetic. If there is, or you REALLY want to have an even-ish topsheet, I guess you could epoxy it. Color over it with a sharpie, whatever.
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 2:36pm
Shouldn't have been standing in the way of the kid. Tsk Tsk Tsk. Damn snowboarders.
I ♣ hippies.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 2:53pm
My board is all nicked up.
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 3:12pm
You will want to at least cover it up. Any moisture that gets in between the layers of your board will cause it to expand and contract and then eventually the insides will "ooooz" out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic