Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Sniper Markers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
WildDestroyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildDestroyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 8:00pm
I go through about 2k in an 18-20 hour day of paintball. I never said that I carried all of my air with me. We either change up between games, or hide our stuff in brush during longer matches (which always allows for in game sabotage, but we give it back afterwards).

Also, I'm thinking I'll get the A-5 from the first URL, and just use one of my shorter barrels with it. It saves a buck, gets me a collapsible stock, and I can equipt the 20" walking into a match just for the intimidation.

Edited by WildDestroyer - 24 December 2008 at 8:05pm
Who needs a gun to win?
a_sock View Drop Down
closet MILSIMer, rides WAAHMbulance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_sock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by taytay117117 taytay117117 wrote:

[QUOTE=a_sock]

in before the crazy/overdone debates...starting to think we need to put together a small package that tippmann will just send someone when they join the forum, and enclosed in that letter would be a small description/explanation of all myths, common misconseptions, things to know etc.....

wild im sure you wont understand the above but you will....

ok, Im assuming your fairly new at this and Ill try to answer everything.  there is no such thing as sniping in paintball, but if you want a good quality marker/setup that gives good consistency and accuracy that is possible. No marker shoots harder than another as long as there shootings the same fps, and most markers shoot fairly similar to eachother.  A5's are great to begin with and a 16" barrel is within the ideal length of barrels.  the A5 package you are looking at seems ok, except the 20" barrel. 20" is too long, you would be wise to stay within the 14-16" range. although the advertisement says it will give good accuracy and range, its not.

[/QUOTE

the longer barrell (20 inch) does help if u stay back (defently not for close combat) but if it is 20 inchs the ball is set on a straighter trajectery

Umm actually no. A 20"+ barrel only provides downsides and constant problems, NO matter What position/distance you are at. first to answer/correct your post, a 20" barrel will not set the ball on a straighter trajectory, its not going to make your shot any more accurate, its not going to increase the range, its not going to do what you are claiming it does. A 20" barrel will make it more difficult to maneuver, can decrease efficiency by being a gas hog, and it will never make your shot more accurate or go farther, so theirs no real pros to balance out all the cons to such a long barrel.

Eh just to try and clear something up, what is long range, normal range and close quarters fighting range in paintball? I mean, in my oppinion having a very short or very long barrel because you want to be better at close or short range combat seems silly. I do fine shooting at a paintballs maximum range with a 14", and I feel fine bunkering someone with a 14". sure, you could play tighter with a 3" barrel or something but It would inconvienience you in all other situations, same with a 20".

its easy to be famous, just set yourself on fire
taytay117117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taytay117117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by a_sock a_sock wrote:

in before the crazy/overdone debates...starting to think we need to put together a small package that tippmann will just send someone when they join the forum, and enclosed in that letter would be a small description/explanation of all myths, common misconseptions, things to know etc.....

wild im sure you wont understand the above but you will....

ok, Im assuming your fairly new at this and Ill try to answer everything.  there is no such thing as sniping in paintball, but if you want a good quality marker/setup that gives good consistency and accuracy that is possible. No marker shoots harder than another as long as there shootings the same fps, and most markers shoot fairly similar to eachother.  A5's are great to begin with and a 16" barrel is within the ideal length of barrels.  the A5 package you are looking at seems ok, except the 20" barrel. 20" is too long, you would be wise to stay within the 14-16" range. although the advertisement says it will give good accuracy and range, its not.

the longer barrell (20 inch) does help if u stay back (defently not for close combat) but if it is 20 inchs the ball is set on a straighter trajectery

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 3:19pm
its in a few different tanks he said but that s still alot of paint.   and i thik he only has one on him at a time.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
a_sock View Drop Down
closet MILSIMer, rides WAAHMbulance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_sock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 11:31am
Originally posted by thejudge thejudge wrote:

Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

Alright, this thread is getting wacky.

Since you use so much air, it's down to either a Compressed Air tank
with a Scuba refill or your tanks and a palmers. I'd go CO2 and palmers
because you can carry an extra tank with you and itll be cheaper.

Gun wise, I suggest an A5. Since your out there playing for hours,
batteries will suck. The Cyclone will be good because it won't stay on or
make rediculous noise. Then there's always the possibility of getting an
RT or Egrip.

Barrel, I'd go with whatever you like. I love my CP 2piece, but others are
the JJ Ceramic and the Lapco Bigshot.

Get a good mask if you don't have one already. I notice if your mask is
going to fog, it'll be in the woods.

plus the A5 is an easy marker to care for and it will throw down ropes when you need it to.

And 86oz of CO2 per day of play... how many rounds of paint do you go through?

Yeah I was wondering that myself, and another thing, why would you have all of that on you? even if your not playing at a legal feild and you dont have quick access to refills why would you carry that all on you? COUldnt you just put 1 tank on your gun and keep the rest somewhere else?

I saw a guy once at castle who had a huge scuba tank on his back, but he was slow and got shot out a lot. If I am going to shoot a lot of paint in one match, most likely a scenario game(My droid has yet to drain all of my 45/45 yet in 1 xball match) Ill just use a 68/45, but I find thats even heavy and almost too much at times.
its easy to be famous, just set yourself on fire
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 9:56am

Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

RT or Egrip.

plus the A5 is an easy marker to care for and it will throw down ropes when you need it to.

And 86oz of CO2 per day of play... how many rounds of paint do you go through?

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 3:23pm

RT or Egrip.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildDestroyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by t_hop t_hop wrote:

Originally posted by WildDestroyer WildDestroyer wrote:

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

I want an 86 oz. tank so bad...

Sorry, I mean I've got 86 total. Its actually
three 20s, a 12, and a 9. Whoops, and that's only

what i don't understand is how you having an obscene
number of tanks means you need a regulator. A regulator
would certainly improve shot to shot performance and
consistency but it wouldn't matter how much extra c02
you have.

You mistook me. I meant that I need a regulator because I use CO2, not compressed air or N2. And I don't see how that amount is obscene. I go through that in one day.
Who needs a gun to win?
Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 1:02pm

I think he means he has so many CO2 tanks he isn't interested in switching over to HPA thus he needs a regulator...which makes sense to me considering he has nowhere to fill his tanks while out playing. 

I have a Warsensor WS66 and a MilTec MT66 along with an A5.  I'm still new to the A5 so I really can't give you a reliable comparison between it and my 66s.

The WS66 and MT66 are the same marker just with different names and configured differently (the WS66 is the "Barrett" looking marker in my signature while the MT66 is the M4/M203 marker).  Both shoot very well and are increadibly reliable.  Both of them I hook up to regulated CO2, load my Evil paint, and will go out and have a trouble free day of paintball...or weekend if I'm playing scenario.  As long as you treat them well after the weekend of play they have never let me down and the WS66 is over four years old.

For accuracy, check this out.  This is shooting paint that's about 3 months old and wasn't rotated so it's pretty well dimpled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELXxtr212bs

New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 7:04am
Best sniper marker is a pistol.

Walk up behind sniper....one shot, one kill.
RLTW
KSTIPPHEAD View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSTIPPHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 11:49pm
Tippmann 98 Custom.  16" Progressive barrel.  HPA tank of some kind (infinitely better for consistency, a key factor in accurate shooting).

If accuracy is more important to you than rate of fire, and you want to put the whole kit together for $300 or less, then that would be a good way to go.
t_hop View Drop Down
Streike 1, 5/16 filter dodge/inapp. link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 12:38am
Originally posted by WildDestroyer WildDestroyer wrote:

Sorry, I mean I've got 86 total. Its actually
three 20s, a 12, and a 9. Whoops, and that's only

what i don't understand is how you having an obscene
number of tanks means you need a regulator. A regulator
would certainly improve shot to shot performance and
consistency but it wouldn't matter how much extra c02
you have.
"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildDestroyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 8:43pm

Sorry, I mean I've got 86 total. Its actually three 20s, a 12, and a 9. Whoops, and that's only 81...
jaybird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 2:45pm
i have a 14 barrel it works fine .16 doesent hirt proformance but you can hide behind brush better. just get the right paint for the barrel and stay in the 14 to 16 range. 16plus is to much hard to get around trees .
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2008 at 2:00pm
 maybe a Tippmann A5 or 98.   Both are extremely rugged markers and both are very reliable.  Put a nice barrel on it (AKA A Lapco or a J&J) and regulate the pressure a little better and you will have an accurate marker. Then just  make sure you use a decent quality ball that has a good match to the barrel  and you will be all set.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 10:34pm

!!!

I could power my Shocker for decades!

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildDestroyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 10:18pm
To clarify some things:
1. I want people to relay their personal experience with various markers and setups in accordance to accuracy/consistency- not necessarily range.
As team "marksman" I'm used to being put in some uncomfortable spots
and the marker won't effect me too much if I practice. I want it to pay off in the long run.

2. I live in a small town with no local paintball field or store that supplies paintball equipment. I've got to order online or travel across state to buy stuff.
When I play, my buddies and I go back into my 70 acre patch of woods to play in- thus no rules as long as no one gets hurt too bad. (Explosion marks from a bottle rocket count the same as a spattered paintball). We play matches that last over three hours some times, so I want a durable marker, which is why I'm looking at Tippmann.

3. Sounds like I will defiantly need to get a regulator (I use 86 ounces of CO2)

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 3:11am
one of the best guns in my arsenal for accuracy is my autococker trilogy.  Its not the best cocker on the block but its quiet, reliable, and accurate.  go get that with HPA and a J&J kit. If you are looking for something else then let us know.  I guess I am not really sure what you are asking anymore.  Do you just want to tell you exactly what tobuy even if you dont really like it?
t_hop View Drop Down
Streike 1, 5/16 filter dodge/inapp. link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 11:38pm
get a pump or go try markers somewhere like a local pro-
shop to see which one you're looking for. I think we're
"missing" what you're going for so go shoot somebody
else's marker in the chrono area at a local field and
see what you like or something.
"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Frizone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frizone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 11:31pm

Welllll.... I read most of the above comments. I think it comes down to 2 simple ideas. Do you want to be an accurate shooter or as close as the real thing. I try for both. I have customized my 98 (with  the old flatline) and fine tuned its' accuracy. I get concictent kills at over 130 to 150 ft and most times they don't know where I am. Is there a one-shot-one -kill? Very rarely. I recommend a good plain tippmann with a flatline. That gets you as close to the real thing as possible. I included a link my site to show my custom sniper...

http://vipaintball.spaces.live.com/

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic