FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacing barrel on Tacamo AK47

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacing barrel on Tacamo AK47
    Posted: 15 December 2008 at 11:53am

I have an A5 that I am putting the Tacamo AK kit on and just got the barrel system today. Has anyone had any significant experience with the actual barrel performance vs say a J&J or Lapco? I know these are good barrels, just not sure how they compare with the one that came with the kit. I notice the barrel has no porting at all excepting the muzzle break on the end. Also, does anyone know if the Lapco or J&J will fit inside the barrel kit diameter wise? I have a shorty 6" J&J barrel and it definintely doesnt fit, but not sure if the longer ones may be any thinner or if the Lapco is thinner still? Also, does the Lapco have the threads on the end of the barrel so you can add a muzzle break?

Any help would be appreciated.

NB4 "Thats what she said"

Edited by oldpbnoob - 15 December 2008 at 11:54am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Thompsonshooter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I build it... you will drool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thompsonshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 8:21pm
What AK kit did you get? At one time there were some hammerhead rifled barrels in the Tacamo kits.

If it's rifled. You can't do better w/o adding fins.

Eric Engler
President
www.englerpaintballguns.com
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 11:20pm

Originally posted by Thompsonshooter Thompsonshooter wrote:

What AK kit did you get? At one time there were some hammerhead rifled barrels in the Tacamo kits.

If it's rifled. You can't do better w/o adding fins.

I got the kit with the barrel and polymer grip section.

http://www.tippmannparts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.pr odInfo&productID=1719&categoryID=55

It doesnt look rifled from what I am looking and from the price, doubt it would be a hammerhead. I haven't had a chance to really even try it out since it has been too darn cold. When it warms up a bit, I will mess around with it and see how accurate it is.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic