Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**A-5 Cyclone Problem PLZ Help**

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nivlac1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivlac1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **A-5 Cyclone Problem PLZ Help**
    Posted: 14 December 2008 at 1:10am

Hi, i was wondering if there was anyway if you can take off the cyclone feed off an a-5 and replace it with a stock tippmann 98 feeder and hopper thing. (BTW i am not worried about the speed  without without the cyclone, it only takes one hit to get someone out..)

The reason is that the balls are getting manhandeld in the cyclone and getting choped, i use HPA and marbs, but they still chop......i also play in cold weatr 30 degrees to 40. all my friends have 98s and they work fine with no chops,

plz help thnx

Edited by nivlac1991 - 14 December 2008 at 1:12am
Sangreti View Drop Down
1 strike, offensive post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 1:22am
sorry bud you cant but i spose if you had the time you could make one or i could i have some free time and an a5 to experment with
~square peg~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivlac1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 1:30am
you serious? you cant take the cyclone oout.....
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 1:56am
oh no you can remove the cyclone but the 98 feed neck wont work
~square peg~

Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 1:58am

id buy a 10 round cap and put a hole in it just big enough for a regular hopper

sorry double post

~square peg~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivlac1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 9:35am
ohhh i see what your saying, so i can take off the cyclone, but i need to make a homeade feeder?
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 1:27pm
yep if you eant a 98 feed on it you need to remove two pins from the body but the cheap way to do it  is to buy a cyclone round cap and cut a hole in it
~square peg~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivlac1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 2:42pm
umm can you show me an example?
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 3:06pm
like this
http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/trinity-25-round-cap.htm l
and put a hole in it the size of a 98 feed
~square peg~

notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 8:01pm
Why in Gods' green earth would you want to remove the cyclone? Marbs are the problem in cold. You could shoot slower, or get crappier paint. I know this sounds counter intuative but in cold weather the thin shell of quality paint becomes brittle and breaks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivlac1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 10:35pm
hey sangreti, the link dosent work can you repost?
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 10:48pm
http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/trinity-25-round-cap.html
it keeps spaceing the html just take out the space here    ^

Edited by Sangreti - 14 December 2008 at 10:49pm
~square peg~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivlac1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 11:02pm
ahhh i see what you mean, but the thing is if i take the paddles out. how is the ball going to be going into the chamber
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 8:31am

Try a winter formula paint and look into Squishy paddles for the cyclone before trying to cobble something together.

And to answer your question, without the paddles the cyclone would be pointless, unless you want to run around on the field holding your gun sideways like a gangsta al day. Thus the idea of putting a hopper into the top of a tac cap is not exactly very well thought out.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 11:32am

I run the same gun, and play in the cold. Marbs is your biggest problem, that is great paint, in warm weather. But, the cold it will break in the cyclone.

I've heard squishy paddles will fix that problem. But, I just changed to a thicker shelled paint with winter fill, and it fixed it for me. Also keep your paint warm until you play, that will make a big difference.

You probably also want to get a lightning rod upgrade for your cyclone. Because in cold weather the Co2 will slow down, and reduce the pressure in your gun, which will keep the cyclone from feeding consistantly. Changing to the lightning rod, will lower the needed pressure to cycle the cyclone.

Let me guess, you also have a flatline?

Flatlines are horrible below freezing, your better off with the stock barrel in those temps.

They tremble at my name...
Sangreti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangreti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:55pm
keep the cyclone put thew hole offset so it drops into cyclone

like make your own halo
~square peg~

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 6:16pm

As people have noted, the cold is most likely your problem.  The Cyclone is hard on paint, which is why you are breaking and your friends with 98s are not.

Get Polar Ice or other cold-weather paint, or just wait for things to warm up a bit.

Good luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivlac1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 9:28pm

yea i have polar ice , and a flatline. lol yea it is the cold because it was working good when i firsdt played but when it got colder itg stasred to mess up.

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Sangreti Sangreti wrote:

keep the cyclone put thew hole offset so it drops into cyclonelike make your own halo

Doesn't make sense, you'd still be running off the action of the Cyclone, and just have a ghetto rigged hopper that is pointless.

But yeah, as most people stated, try running either a cold-formula paint or a crappier paint. Either will have a thicker shell that'll be less liable to break. Marbs are great in warm weather, not so much in the cold.

If that doesn't work, try the squishy paddles made by Tech T. With a combination of the two, you should be fine.

EDIT: I think I might get what Sangreti is trying to say now. Basically, remove the mechanical Cyclone parts, and mount the small hopper cap to the Cyclone body. You would drill a whole in the top of it, making some sort of hopper mounting system. The best way to finish it would be to run some kind of sled or track through the body of the Cyclone from your newly made 'feedneck' to the hole in the breech. I got it.

Still complex and unnecessary, but at least it makes sense to me now.

Edited by Yomillio - 17 December 2008 at 4:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic