FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You’ll Never Guess What I just Bought

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Is Ceesman drunk or something?

not at all, bored in a hotel room on yet another training trip in Chester Va.

I say that only because your last post was uncharacteristically mumbled, jumbled, and typoed.  Had me confused.

But hotel rooms will make you crazy too.

I am holding 2 conversations one with the forum and the other with my wife via cell phone.  hotel rooms make me a little stir crazy.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

preferably a Panther G
Another WWII relic that I would absolutely love to have. No one posts their new addition to their tank arsenal, though, so I never get the chance to post it like I do the MG-42.

Did you not get the memo? Here's the Konigstiger parked outside the parent's house on the GW Parkway.

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:31pm

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Quell your irrational fears child. 

Like the one some gun supporters have, that the whole reason why citizens should be armed is to "keep the government in check?"

I collect rifles, military rifles.  It's a bit of history that I enjoy.  It has nothing to do with killing but the tool that shaped some parts of history.  It's what I enjoy.  i am threatening no one nor do I plan or hope to shoot anyone, been there done that when i was a Marine, I can't say that I enjoyed doing that.  My rifles and pistols are locked up with child safety locks, in a steel gun safe of which my wife and I have the only keys for.  we enjoy taking them to the range and shooting them at targets, paper targets.  I don't hunt adn I prefer to shoot competitive service rifle matches. A few times a year I shoot in what I call classic matches,  shooters will use old military rifles, old Krags, Enfields, Nagants and Mausers.  These are the rifles we prefer.  We are not criminals. SOme shooters are doctors, lawyers, school teachers, carpenters, etc.  We are every day people who enjoy collecting and shooting them.  Not once have I heard any of my fellow collectors and shooters say "I hope there is a riot/civil disorder so I can shoot some one!", not ever.  Besides.....

It's cheaper than what I really, really want to collect.

Tanks.
Not model tanks, I shelves full of them on display in my home. If I could get a tank, preferably a Panther G, I would collect those instead.  I think my wife would freak to wake up one morning and see an a German panzer in the flower garden.  maybe not.

it is what I enjoy, be that as it may.  laugh, argue, whatever.  I have that right and I enjoy it.

Unfortunately, not everyone is like you though.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:31pm

Not once have I heard any of my fellow collectors and shooters say "I hope there is a riot/civil disorder so I can shoot some one!", not ever. 

You clearly don't read Free Republic.

To clear this up, I own firearms.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:34pm

Back at you Tallen!
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

preferably a Panther G
Another WWII relic that I would absolutely love to have. No one posts their new addition to their tank arsenal, though, so I never get the chance to post it like I do the MG-42.

Did you not get the memo? Here's the Konigstiger parked outside the parent's house on the GW Parkway.

O_O

I'd be waiting in line at G.W. International on my way to D.C. right now if I didn't know that was actually in Belgium.

I'd probably act like a too much of schoolgirl if I actually had the chance to be in/drive one to actually do anything. If I did manage to compose myself well enough, I think the sound of it would be the best part. OMG.

EDIT: King Tiger > "Panzer" with a lisp. I would DESTROY you, homebrew.

Edited by Gatyr - 09 December 2008 at 9:41pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:40pm

Not once have I heard any of my fellow collectors and shooters say "I hope there is a riot/civil disorder so I can shoot some one!", not ever. 

You clearly don't read Free Republic.

To clear this up, I own firearms.

No sir, please enlighten me with a link!  never meant to offend.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:47pm

preferably a Panther G

O_OI'd be waiting in line at G.W. International on my way to D.C. right now if I didn't know that was actually in Belgium. I'd probably act like a too much of schoolgirl if I actually had the chance to be in/drive one to actually do anything. If I did manage to compose myself well enough, I think the sound of it would be the best part. OMG. EDIT: King Tiger > "Panzer" with a lisp. I would DESTROY you, homebrew.

You really were born about a decade too late Gatyr. Back when I was in college, the Ukraine, Bulgaria, Latvia, Estonia, and all the other former Com-Bloc countries were selling off their old stocks of Soviet T-34 and KV-I tanks. Going price was down around $25K at the lowest and $45K at the highest.

For the price of a nice Lexus...... Also, many states do not have laws refusing private citizens the ability to drive their tanks on normal roads.
.636 View Drop Down
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by notXXscared notXXscared wrote:

The gov'ment's gonna take away are gunz, gotta stock up while we still can.

Jagah bahms!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 9:51pm

preferably a Panther G

O_OI'd be waiting in line at G.W. International on my way to D.C. right now if I didn't know that was actually in Belgium. I'd probably act like a too much of schoolgirl if I actually had the chance to be in/drive one to actually do anything. If I did manage to compose myself well enough, I think the sound of it would be the best part. OMG. EDIT: King Tiger > "Panzer" with a lisp. I would DESTROY you, homebrew.

You really were born about a decade too late Gatyr. Back when I was in college, the Ukraine, Bulgaria, Latvia, Estonia, and all the other former Com-Bloc countries were selling off their old stocks of Soviet T-34 and KV-I tanks. Going price was down around $25K at the lowest and $45K at the highest.

For the price of a nice Lexus...... Also, many states do not have laws refusing private citizens the ability to drive their tanks on normal roads.

Are they still selling off their old stocks of BMP-2's?? T-72's?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 10:00pm

preferably a Panther G

Canada will sell you one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadair_CF-5

For about 50K. Doesn't come with an engine though.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 10:14pm

preferably a Panther G

Are they still selling off their old stocks of BMP-2's?? T-72's?

Probably. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were still selling off T-34s as well. It's the Russians, they'll sell you ANYTHING if you have cash.

Oh, and btw, with the dawning of this thread, T&O now stands for "Tanks and mOsins"
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 10:26pm

preferably a Panther G

Except for at least the weight restrictions placed upon vehicles in the northern states during the spring thaw to prevent potholes that limits the weight limit per axel below normal regulations. So spring driving will be prevented.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Bolt3 Bolt3 wrote:

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Quell your irrational fears child. 

Like the one some gun supporters have, that the whole reason why citizens should be armed is to "keep the government in check?"
I collect rifles, military rifles.  It's a bit of history that I enjoy.  It has nothing to do with killing but the tool that shaped some parts of history.  It's what I enjoy.  i am threatening no one nor do I plan or hope to shoot anyone, been there done that when i was a Marine, I can't say that I enjoyed doing that.  My rifles and pistols are locked up with child safety locks, in a steel gun safe of which my wife and I have the only keys for.  we enjoy taking them to the range and shooting them at targets, paper targets.  I don't hunt adn I prefer to shoot competitive service rifle matches. A few times a year I shoot in what I call classic matches,  shooters will use old military rifles, old Krags, Enfields, Nagants and Mausers.  These are the rifles we prefer.  We are not criminals. SOme shooters are doctors, lawyers, school teachers, carpenters, etc.  We are every day people who enjoy collecting and shooting them.  Not once have I heard any of my fellow collectors and shooters say "I hope there is a riot/civil disorder so I can shoot some one!", not ever.  Besides..... It's cheaper than what I really, really want to collect.Tanks.Not model tanks, I shelves full of them on display in my home. If I could get a tank, preferably a Panther G, I would collect those instead.  I think my wife would freak to wake up one morning and see an a German panzer in the flower garden.  maybe not.it is what I enjoy, be that as it may.  laugh, argue, whatever.  I have that right and I enjoy it.

Which obviously makes the banning of assault rifles perfectly acceptable.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

<To paraphrase for the sake of saving room; Ceesman explained the reasons that he is an responsible gun owner/collector.>
Which obviously makes the banning of assault rifles perfectly acceptable.
Glassjaw makes a valid point.  Following Bolt3's logic that assault rifle's should be banned because not everyone is a responsible owner would lead us to the conclusion that perhaps we should ban automobiles because not everyone is a responsible driver.  Some people play paintball without chronoing.  That's irresponsible; let's ban paintball as well.  Also, a lot of people use checks and credit in an irresponsible manner so we should do away with those too.

Edited by Mack - 09 December 2008 at 11:02pm
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 11:23pm
Dear Canadias,

As your constitution (to my knowledge, I know very little about your "country") doesn't specifically grant you the right to bear arms, and civilian ownership of firearms isn't as widespread as here in America, I can understand how this may seem like a foolish complaint to you.

Americans, however, see this as a step (however small) toward taking away our right to bear arms entirely.  Our constitution has legitimacy, to say that we support our constitution wholeheartedly, and see any motion to alter that constitution for what we feel to be the worse will rouse up anger.  Unlike many constitutions, blood was spilled for ours, and we feel as though it's something we all stand behind.  So that may explain why some people feel so strongly.

With that said, I'm sure there are plenty of crazies and rednecks who just want their guns.  I, however, could care less, I just want my handgun permit.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 11:50pm

Well, any new ban will have to be carefully worded. The U.S. Supreme Court recently struck down a 32 year old handgun ban in D.C., and they specifically articulated their belief than firearms ownership is an individual right

"A well regulate militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." (Yes, that's right, a Canadian who can rattle off your second amendment verbatim without using google. Stare in awe.)

The peculiar phrasing of the second amendment was an issue that literally for decades the Surpeme Court was unwilling to rule on. This was the first Surpeme Court second amendment ruling in almost 70 years, and it was a solid win for gun rights.

Unfortunately, gun ownership is tainted as an issue by strong interest from the borderline radical right wing crowd- Whale mentioned Free Republic earlier, one of the most despicable mires of right-wing whackjobs on the net. However the vast majority of gun owners should NOT be tarred by association with groups. As correctly pointed out earlier, most gun owners are simply sportsmen, or are law abiding citizens who are excercising their right to own the means to defend themselves and their property.

On another note- in response to the very original post, one of my friends actually has his Minigun course. I'm ridicuolously jealous of him.

"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 11:55pm
Really the ban is not the best of ideas.  It will not stop those that use assault rifles from getting them.  It wont even make it harder.  Who knows since I (a responsible person) would no longer be able to buy one legally it would add to the stock pile of illegal arms and add more available to those that want them for the wrong purposes.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 12:18am
This conversation made me think it was a good time for this link.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 12:19am

What constructive use could you possibly have for needing an assault rifle, as a civilian?

Forgoing the obvious "home/self defence" issue, what about sport shooting? What about just for the hell of it? What about hunting? (There are some animals you can hunt with assault rifle calibers, even though I'd suggest a battle rifle for most game) What about target shooting? What about private practice if you are a National Guard or Police officer and want to practice in your own time, in your own way?

Depending on how far you wanna go back, and which country you are in, how about to protect your country from tyrants?

What constructive use do you have for a car that can go faster than 75mph?

Fortunately not everyone who owns a gun is a criminal, no matter how the gun control people would like to paint it.

Edited by Kayback - 10 December 2008 at 12:34am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic