FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You’ll never guess what i just bought <_<

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You’ll never guess what i just bought <_<
    Posted: 08 December 2008 at 6:11pm
A Russian M44 picked it up for 140 even after taxes.  I was going to get a 91/30 for 150+tax/fees, but the loser at the pawn shop wouldnt sell it to me because I am under 21, even though in the good old state of Indiana you only have to be 18 to buy a rifle.  so i went to a competing pawn shop and after filling out a firearm transfer form and a 5 minute waiting period, walked out with the m44. 

Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 6:13pm
Those seem to be popular around here.
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 6:27pm
nice find.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 6:28pm
Nice Eville. Clean the barrel of fouling and copper. It will have about 60 years of crap built up in the lands and grooves of the rifling. It will take about a week or two.  Get some Shooters Choice, 3 barrel brushes and a bag of .30 cal patches.  You will be surprised how much you will get out of the rifling no matter how clean the barrel looks.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 6:53pm
Wow at a quick glance it looked like the barrel was held on with tie wraps.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 7:36pm
Nice pick up. The finish looks pretty nice and the metal all seems to be in good shape from what I can see.

What armory?

A "Star" proofing mark = Tula
An Arrow in a triangle = Izhevsk
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 9:59pm
izhevsk.  is there a difference?
TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 10:06pm
 I own a M44, just a bit of advice extend the bayonet when firing it, with the bayonet closed it throws off the harmonics of the barrel, causing you're aim to be off to either the left or the right, extend the bayonet and it won't do this.

I can't ever seem to link anything anywhere on the web... can't post pictures, can't post links... I click the add hyperlink icon but it doesn't work.. just search Google for Mosin Nagant Identification, it will be the first webpage brought up, 7.62x54 something like that, it will explain the difference's between the M44/M91/M39's.

Edited by TheWrAith - 08 December 2008 at 10:09pm
Black*1* then*1* White Are*2* All I see*3* in my infancy*5* red and yellow then came to be*8* reaching out to me*5* lets me see*3*
Swing on the Spiral=
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Only that by having an Izhevsk rifle, you're in with the good crowd of Benji, myself, and Linus.

Izhevsk reprezent yo!

Oh, and it's 762x54r.net for the site someone was referencing btw.

Also, you can fix the bayonet/harmonic issue by drifting the front sight.

Edited by tallen702 - 08 December 2008 at 10:20pm
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 10:31pm
Izhevsk fo sho!

I was reading on some other random forum and somebody asked if having the bayonet extended would affect how it shot.  i just wrote it off as being retarded, but that makes sense now.

Edited by Eville - 08 December 2008 at 10:34pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 11:20pm
As you shoot, the barrel vibrates and the extra metal of the bayonet being attached to the barrel as well as the length of the overall barrel+bayo changes the wavelength of the vibration which alters the path of the bullet. That's why our troops were only to fix bayonets when told to by their C/O for a charge/hand to hand fighting. The Russian military ordered that bayonets were to be fixed at all times (as there was a chronic shortage of ammo until late 1943) unless traveling by vehicle. The cossack rifle and the 91/38 are the only Mosins sighted in without the bayonet.
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 11:21pm
seriously, another one of these?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Snipa69 Snipa69 wrote:

T&O now stands for "Thoughts & mOsins"
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

T&O now stands for "Thoughts & mOsins"

i nearly choked on my mac n cheese

also, Rambs, is it legal to not sell someone something because of their age when they are legally allowed to purchase something?
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 12:53am
Yes. Unfortunately you can't force a company to do business with you, generally they advertise this by having a sign up saying rights and admissions reserved, meaning if they don't wanna, they don't hafta.

It is perfectly legal for them to deny you their business if they don't like the look of you. It isn't legal for them to deny you their business because you want to pay with a truck load of pennies.

Nice find on the M44.
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 12:57am
ah, thanks.  i was just thinking that since the gubment can force them to not allow smoking in their place of business, maybe they could force them to do that too.  
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 1:11am
Nope sorry. It is still legal to do business with who you want, so long as it is legal. :)

The Gubmint says no under 18's. The store can say no under 41's if they want to. But like you demonstrated it is shooting themselves in the foot a bit. Someone else got your business, and even when you are over 21 you'll probably go to the other store because you've done business with them before. And now you've told everyone here to avoid the first store.....Sucks to be them :)

KBK
Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 11:53am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by Eville Eville wrote:

Only that by having an Izhevsk rifle, you're in with the good crowd of Benji, myself, and Linus.

Tula here. Circa 1925. 

Hrm, won't let me say **edited** **edited**oty ass **edited** **edited**.

Edited by Project Irene - 09 December 2008 at 11:54am
Ozwarg View Drop Down
Drama Panda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozwarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 11:56am

for the price, those things are one of the best rifles to own...

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 3:49pm
Nice find!

I chose to go the 91/30 route because I didn't like the fixed bayonet, but seeing as that was your only choice, still a great purchase.

Hope to go to the firing range this weekend.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic