Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need....
    Posted: 05 December 2008 at 8:34pm
Something to split songs.  Basically something to make ringtones.

I've already searched and downloaded 10 different programs.  They're all either too complicated,won't completely work unless you buy them, or just flat out don't work.

All I want to do is cut out a 15 second part of a song and have it fade in and out, and then save it to my computer.  Anyone have any recommendations?  I dont' even care if its a 10 day trial as long as I can do the above.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 8:47pm
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
DzXs View Drop Down

2 strike, language, 1/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzXs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 8:49pm
mobile17.com..
gh0st View Drop Down
Final Warning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gh0st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Audacity
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 8:59pm

Audacity

Already tried.  Tried it again.  Pissed me off even more.  I hit cut, nothing happens.

I've used mobile17 before and got charged big time from my provider for some reason.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 9:03pm
What do you mean nothing happens?  The bit of track isn't cut?
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 9:07pm

What do you mean nothing happens?  The bit of track isn't cut?

Well I wanted to first skip to like 2 minutes into the song and cut it right there, wait another 15 seconds and cut again.  But first I couldn't skip to that part, so when I waited for that part of the song, I hit cut and nothing happened. 

I don't know, I don't have patience for stuff like this.  I had a program that did exactly what I need right now but it was only like a 10 day thing and I don't remember the name of it.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 9:16pm
With audacity, and most similar suites, you select the bit of track you want to work with.

Open the song in the program, take the cursor and click at the point you want to start at, then drag along to the point you want to end at.  Then hit cut and paste it to a new track.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 9:53pm
i use goldwave.  its extremely easy.  also free.  if you cant get goldwave to work, kill yourself with fire.
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 10:25pm
www.myxer.com

create a profile.. upload mp3 (eww) then select part of song you want

Edit: oh yeah, then send to your phone and download it

Edit 2: or Audacity as previously stated, its fun and free!

Edited by ctchofday - 05 December 2008 at 10:26pm
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 11:05pm
Audacity is retard child easy, figure it out.
t_hop View Drop Down
Streike 1, 5/16 filter dodge/inapp. link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 11:08pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Audacity is retard child easy, figure it out.

but i agree i used it once for a school project.

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 12:43am
Well I've tried everyones idea/tips.  I'm contemplating killing myself with fire, but I probably won't.

Why isn't there just something similar to windows movie maker only minus the video part?  Just cut when you want, choose the effects, and save...

In before, during, and after I get made fun of.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Zata Zata wrote:

Well I've tried everyones idea/tips.  I'm contemplating killing myself with fire, but I probably won't.

Why isn't there just something similar to windows movie maker only minus the video part?  Just cut when you want, choose the effects, and save...

You obviously didn't try Goldwave. PM me if you need a copy.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 12:55am
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

You obviously didn't try Goldwave. PM me if you need a copy.

I just tried it for a 3rd time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 12:58am
It is the easiest thing to do in Goldwave, how did it not work for you? Protip: Use the trim function once you've selected you piece of a song.

Also, what version do you have? In the old version I still use you had to install lame for mp3 support(as far as saving to mp3 goes).

Edited by High Voltage - 06 December 2008 at 12:59am
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 1:00am
My main problem I think in all of these programs is selecting the part of the song I want.  I know the time that I want the song to begin and end but its just not working for me.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 1:06am
In goldwave, right click where you want to begin and select 'Set Start Marker.' Then right click where you wish to end the clip and select 'Set Finish Marker.' Now hit the 'Trim' option on the toolbar. Save as w/e.

Honestly, it isn't any harder than maybe 7 or 8 clicks.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 1:08am
audacity doesn't work with protected songs, so a lot of the things I've bought with itunes gift cards are rendered useless.

On a side note, does anybody know of some good rerecording programs?
I've used Tunebite before, but I was looking for something free...yes, I are heeb
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 1:12am

Well I've tried everyones idea/tips. I'm contemplating killing myself with fire, but I probably won't.Why isn't there just something similar to windows movie maker only minus the video part? Just cut when you want, choose the effects, and save...In before, during, and after I get made fun of.

Audacity
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic