FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jobs (New question look again)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 1:04am
just do it the way i got the job at the law firm.  have no experience or interest in law, use a partner as a reference (of which you barely know and technically met off the internet), get a rejection letter, wait a week, and get another letter offering you a position that you had no idea existed and wasn't the one you applied for.

yeah... that's how i roll. 
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 8:04am
Interesting that this topic came up because I was just thinking about this recently. I recently applied for a job at a book store where my friend works (actually the cafe part) and they called me in for an interview. I got through that fine, seemed to go fairly well, and the woman told me that they'd give me a call in a few days to come in for another interview with the store manager. Well, that was on a friday night and I still hadn't been called by the time I went back to school on monday. I thought maybe they just didn't have time or they forgot to call or something so I gave them a few more days. Friday comes and I still hadn't got a call so I decided to call them and see what was going on. So I call them up and get the manager on the phone and ask if the woman who interviewed me had passed my information on to him yet since I was told to expect a call nearly a week ago. He gave me some stupid answer like "I haven't worked with <other person> since then" or something but said again that they'd call me. Since I still haven't been called, I'm assuming that I got denied.

I've tried the follow-up call thing a few times in the past but it never got me a job or seemed to help me in any way. My last job was at pathmark and they hired me pretty much during the interview so there was no need for a follow-up call there. It may have more influence on an employer from a big company though because they want to see enthusiasm and whatnot. I think choosing somebody based on whether or not they make a follow-up call is kind of stupid though. It may suggest certain qualities but I hardly think it should be seen as a deal-breaking thing because it really doesn't prove anything. I hope I can get myself a little startup money so I can get my own business going, I hate working for others.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 10:18am
Originally posted by JohnnyHopper JohnnyHopper wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by JohnnyHopper JohnnyHopper wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

influencesa
Is that a literacy disease?

Its actually spanish for 'helps to decide'

I thought that was 'cuchillo' ;)

I thought it was "esposa."

Oh, wait a minute . . . that means "decides for you."  Never mind.
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 11:43am
It's the opposite in my field.

I have been applying to all sorts of internships for next summer, and all the applications say "DON"T CALL TO CHECK UP! We will call you."
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 2:15am
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

I have been applying to all sorts of internships for next summer, and all the applications say "DON"T CALL TO CHECK UP! We will call you."
Ahh nice to hear, I hate calling people to check up, I feel like a pest.
I need a new Sig...
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Me too, especially when the job side of things do things really slowly. I hate calling up to bug them. But oh well, it's necissary sometimes.
chu08011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu08011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 6:22am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Me too, especially when the job side of things do things really slowly. I hate calling up to bug them. But oh well, it's necissary sometimes.

Thank very much for all. I have got some my ideals.

Get your ideas first! You can see suggestions at source: Kroger interview questions

Rgs.

Edited by chu08011 - 16 August 2012 at 6:23am
impulse418 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Originally posted by Bounty Bounty wrote:

Thats how I got my job, bother them til they hire you.

Same here. But lately I have been just waiting for calls, didnt really want a job .

Wanna know how I knew this thread was old?
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 10:22am
Good thing our spam filters keep out all the spam while not being stupidly strict (read; stupid) about our posts.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 10:07pm
I do it sometimes, depends on the job. I'll be applying at two different over-the-road diesel shops tomorrow (in the heart of the oil field of all places), chances are i'll have to do a follow up because of the sheer number of applicants. 
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Rofl_Mao View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
request denied

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rofl_Mao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 11:04pm

> HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE SPAM FILTERS RIGHT NOW AFTER THE 3RD ATTEMPT AT POSTING

Job interview. Me. Tomorrow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic