Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wisdom Teeth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wisdom Teeth
    Posted: 13 November 2008 at 11:55pm
So I have to get my Wisdom teeth taken out soon.  Not really sure how soon, but I'll probably wait till a bit before spring.

What are your experiences?  I'm mainly worried about not being able to eat for a while, and pain.
JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:01am
Stock up on peanut M&M's. They're they best after wisdom teeth surgery. ;)

I'm not sure what to tell you other than the fact that there are many things that hurt more. I had them split in my jaw to remove them and I was doing fine 24hrs later.

Nothing to worry about. Here's my before and after pictures:

Edited by JohnnyHopper - 14 November 2008 at 12:14am
My shoes of peace have steel toes.
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:09am
From what I know, I would not shut the hell up before and during the operation. I woke to find my t shirt covered in my own blood and a proscription for some good pain killers.

Edit:

Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

Every day, right when you wake up, the pain is the
worst. .

True.

Edited by Gator Taco - 14 November 2008 at 12:14am
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:11am
Isn't that bad.

I was eating sammiches within a day or two of getting
them out (albeit with my front teeth).

Every day, right when you wake up, the pain is the
worst. Assuming you're prescribed painkillers, they
really do help.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:15am
i was fully awake during mine, only a local shot of novocaine or whatever.  they also were fairly impacted... and the one on my right side must have been resting on a nerve.  because when the doc popped it out, i felt a jolt run down my jaw line, and the right half of my jaw was numb for a couple months.

i drove home afterwards. 

the whole nerve damage thing sucked... but it got better.  not really a bad procedure after all.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:20am
My recovery took forever, and I bled for days, and the pain took a long time to go away. I guess I'm just a slow healer.

Fun Fact: the holes left over from the removal that are supposed to go away after 3 weeks are still there, 5 or 6 months later
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:22am
I am dreading having mine taken out. But then I look back at such things like my broken elbow and think it can't all be that bad.

Atleast I hope it isn't that bad...
I ♣ hippies.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:25am
Ugh they better knock me out during the procedure.  I can't even stand going to the dentist for a cleaning.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:28am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

My recovery took forever, and I
bled for days, and the pain took a long time to go away.
I guess I'm just a slow healer.Fun Fact: the holes left
over from the removal that are supposed to go away after
3 weeks are still there, 5 or 6 months later

Yeah. I had the indents in my gums for quite some time.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Uncle Rudder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 6/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Rudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:06am

My experience was virtually pain free.  I took the pain pills and slept.  Rinse, lather, repeat for 3 days.  Never felt any real pain.  Eating was tricky at first but you get used to it quickly.

gh0st View Drop Down
Final Warning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gh0st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:22am
More than likely, if a dentist tells you you need to get your wisdom teeth removed or something bad will happen, nothing is going to happen.
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Extra "L" for sale. PM with offer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:26am
I was knocked out for mine. Apparently I wouldn't wake back up when they tried to get me out of the chair. It took them almost an hour when it should've taken only a few minutes. When I did come to I was vomiting all over myself.

Afterward I couldn't function worth a damn. I out-weigh my Mom by 50 lbs so she had to call my father to help her get me out of the car once we got home. I don't remember any of that day but was eating fine the day after. Didn't use any of my pain killers, but they also gave me some anti nausea tablets which were rockin.

As for pain, I don't think I experienced an ounce of it.

Yay pictures

Edited by karll - 14 November 2008 at 1:27am
PlentifulBalls "It's cool, I'll be dead before I'm not pretty."
Gatyr "Stupid things exist."

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:34am
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Fun Fact: the holes left over from the removal that are supposed to go away after 3 weeks are still there, 5 or 6 months later
Mine half-healed, and now I have odd gaps/canyons in the back of my jaw. Also, the dentist decided to sew part of my cheek to my gum.
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:36am
Mine went fine.. I got totally put under with an IV. I woke up to a VERY cute nurse, who asked me if i can stand. I of course said yes and proceeded to fall down..

I got drugged up.. Stayed drugged up.. I hated the cotton after a while.. Bleeding stopped in a day.

Wasn't a bad experience for me.

Beil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 2:03am

i ate jello when I got home...and never used any of the gauze. I used hydrocodone, which knocked me on my butt for the first day, but after that, I was fine.

my sister, on the other hand, bled for weeks, ran out of gauze, and had to go to the store for more...

I do it fast, slow, hard, and easy. I sometimes even do it in the woods. Yeah, I'm a runner.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 5:56am
They gave me valium IV, a sedation IV and Nitrous Oxide. Not shabby, then they gave me some legal opiates which weren't too bad either. I fell walking up the stairs to my house after surgery, my mother laughed at me. Hard. Oh well..
I need a new Sig...
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 8:43am
They put me to sleep for mine.  The worst part was the few hours after waking back up... I kept drooling blood.  Other than that, the pain was very little and eating was fine on day 2, I just had to watch out for the stitches in the back of my mouth.
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:57pm
having your wisdom teeth removed is loads of fun...
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 3:49pm
Not all it's hyped up to be. A little pressure for a few days and you'll be fine. Plus, you get some sweet drugs.
Ford View Drop Down
Guested on X-Mas day, It’s Coal for Him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 9:47pm
My mom had hers out at thanksgiving last year, hers never came in at all and were all messed up and caused pain. She went to the oral surgeon, was put out and had them done, and if I need mine done thats how it will be, I HATE going to the dentist.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic