Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Wheels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Wheels
    Posted: 12 November 2008 at 8:33pm
So I was thinking about getting some new wheels, 'Rims', if you will.  Not that 'bling bling' crap, but some nice sporty racing style rims.

The problem is, I just got new tires fit for 16in tires.  Now these come in 16in, for just under $200.  Not a bad price.  But I'm worried that being only 16in, they won't be worth the money as opposed to a 17.  I don't know, I just think 17 would look much better.  But if I want 17s, I have to get all new tires.  Thats a lot of money...

So what do you guys think?  Will 16's be worth the money?

This is what I want by the way.

If anyone could photoshop them for me onto my car, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Zata - 12 November 2008 at 9:01pm
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 8:34pm
This really depends on what you drive. 
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Gator Taco Gator Taco wrote:

This really depends on what you drive. 

95 Firebird.  My stock wheels are 16, and they don't look too bad from a distance, but up close you can see the stains and stuff.
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 8:58pm
IMO, those don't look "sporty"
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by ThatGuitarGuy ThatGuitarGuy wrote:

IMO, those don't look "sporty"

The orginal pic I had was the wrong wheel.
DzXs View Drop Down

2 strike, language, 1/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzXs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:07pm
if you saw the thread on my car, theyre 18's and dont look big at all 16's are tiny. and why those rims? nothin special about them, for 200 you can get wayyy better and bigger.

you should just wait till the tires are gone.

second look, the wheels on the mustang look like they could be 19's, they would look like crap if they were that small, and imo no rims look good with 6inch thick tires wrapped around them

Edited by DzXs - 12 November 2008 at 9:10pm
Ford View Drop Down
Guested on X-Mas day, It’s Coal for Him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:14pm
Get some 16" 10 hole drag wheels.
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:17pm
I would check tirerack for their wheel tool.  Don't buy from them, you can always find the same wheel cheaper at a local store, but their tool is handy, as it shows the wheels on the car, and you'll get to see how much rubber you'll have.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:18pm
Yeah, hit tirerack, they should have your car, and it'll show they wheels. 
Better than photoshop
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

Yeah, hit tirerack, they should have your car, and it'll show they wheels. 
Better than photoshop

Yeah thats what I've been looking at.  DzXs was right, there are other wheels for similar prices, I don't know how I missed them.

I've used they're preview thing before, but I don't think it helps much.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I dont have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 12:25am
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 1:04am
the rims you selected dont look bad... but as Dzxs said... those are at least 19"s on that mustang and are with ~30sidewalls, they wont look good 16" wrapped in 70 sidewalls

i say go ahead and get new, bigger rims and new tires...
keep the old rims and tires in case of emergency.

be sure to keep the overall rim+tire height the same, or else your speedometer will become inaccurate.

also are you sure that $200 isnt per rim? some stock wheels are are like that for the set... but most aftermarket rims are priced per rim.
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 8:18am
Save up and buy the Mustang.
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 9:30am
I'd also lower it a little to fill up the wheel well.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 9:54am
Originally posted by ctchofday ctchofday wrote:

be sure to keep the overall rim+tire height the same, or else your speedometer will become inaccurate.

also are you sure that $200 isnt per rim? some stock wheels are are like that for the set... but most aftermarket rims are priced per rim.

I recently found out my spedometer is already 5-7mph over, which probably attributes to my 20 over speeding ticket...

And I did mean $200 per rim.

Thanks Shub for the photoshop.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic