FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Far Cry 2 or Fallout 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Far Cry 2 or Fallout 3
    Posted: 11 November 2008 at 11:56am
Pretty simple, I'm looking for a new game to kill time between classes or when I don't go to class. Both games look sick as hell, but I only have enough money to buy one.
Reviews, experiences, and name-calling is welcome.

EDIT: This is for PS3

Edited by cdacda13 - 11 November 2008 at 1:34pm
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 12:07pm
fallout 3
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 12:17pm
Far cry 2
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry its Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 12:29pm
Fallout 3 wasn't that good... Farcry 2.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 12:33pm
Fallout kept freezing on me and MANY others, so I got rid of it after a couple of days.

Never tried Far Cry.

Try EndWar.

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 1:06pm
fallout 3.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
unvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 1:31pm
i love fallout 3. although it does freeze from time to time.  if you liked oblivion i would highly suggest it. it definitely will keep you occupied for hours upon hours with side quests and exploring. 

havent played far cry 2 so cant really say anything about it
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 1:39pm
If you can still make maps in Fry Cry 2 like the first one then get that.
I ♣ hippies.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 2:16pm
I haven't played Far Cry 2 but I have played Fallout 3. Fallout is good but it's basically Oblivion with some minor changes. It froze on me once or twice but I can't complain, I downloaded it for free. It's good for killing a lot of time, no doubt. I would think that Far Cry 2 is better for gameplay though.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 3:04pm
Left4Dead
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 3:07pm
Just played both.

Far Cry 2 is great and pretty, but has annoying trends, like respawning badguys. You blow up an area, burn it down,and drive away, 30 seconds later it is built up again, and manned.

There are no allies. EVERYONE is a badguy. The allies you do get are only wanting you to pull their asses out of a fire.

The weapons wear out super fast. In 8 hours I burnt out an MP5, G3, FAL, AW-50, and two pistols.

The cool thing is the badguys speak Afrikaans. Which is great fun.

If you do what I did which was go "Meh" about the bad aspects, it is a great game.

Fallout 3 is great fun, but there aren't enough bullets in it.

I'm only about 3 hours into it, but am having mag fun capping raiders in the head at close range.

The action point based combat it a laugh.

Played both on PS3as well.

KBK
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Left4Dead

I want that game. I have been waiting for it for a year and a bit now

Just played Resistance 2. Blah

Edited by Tical3.0 - 11 November 2008 at 3:23pm
I ♣ hippies.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I'm only about 3 hours into [Fallout 3], but am having mag fun capping raiders in the head at close range.

KBK

I nearly pooped myself when I discovered that I could decapitate somebody with a switchblade in just a few swings. The VATS thing is also fun to mess around with. The ability to shoot weapons out of the hands of enemies is pretty helpful, saved me from getting a rocket launched up my rear at one point. It's also pretty funny to watch a guy run up to you with a bat only to have it shot out of his hand just before he gets to you. I used to raid caves and stuff in Oblivion and then sell all the loot back in town, making me filthy rich fairly quickly. You can't really do that in Fallout though because the merchants don't have much money and once you get all their money, it doesn't seem to come back. I've bankrupted quite a few people, haha.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Left4Dead

Agreed... the demo will have to hold me over for the next week until it comes out.

But this game should have been out over a year ago.

ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 9:26pm
I don't got videogames...

Except for my humble nintendo back home.

unvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

I'm only about 3 hours into [Fallout 3], but am having mag fun capping raiders in the head at close range.

KBK

I nearly pooped myself when I discovered that I could decapitate somebody with a switchblade in just a few swings. The VATS thing is also fun to mess around with. The ability to shoot weapons out of the hands of enemies is pretty helpful, saved me from getting a rocket launched up my rear at one point. It's also pretty funny to watch a guy run up to you with a bat only to have it shot out of his hand just before he gets to you. I used to raid caves and stuff in Oblivion and then sell all the loot back in town, making me filthy rich fairly quickly. You can't really do that in Fallout though because the merchants don't have much money and once you get all their money, it doesn't seem to come back. I've bankrupted quite a few people, haha.

it comes back after a couple days
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 1:28am
If you're most interested in multiplayer, go with FC2.

If you're more into single player, Fallout 3 might be your best bet, but I would still consider FC2.

Keep in mind that FC2 offers both single player and multiplayer. I'm a diehard multiplayer person, so thats really all I play. I'm up to rank 10 on multiplayer and I haven't even started single player yet.

However, at the same time, I have played Oblivion, and that was a lot of fun. From the short gameplay footage that I saw of Fallout 3, it looks sort of dull as the entire would is desolate and gloomy.
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 2:42am
Originally posted by ц RтpАл FАrУ ц ц RтpАл FАrУ ц wrote:

From the short gameplay footage that I saw of Fallout 3, it looks sort of dull as the entire would is desolate and gloomy.

I always thought a post-apocolyptic wasteland would be bright and cheerful.
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 8:10am
Left4Dead is amazing. Me and 3 friends played expert last night, soooo crazy. I also had some good zombie killing music playing, which enhanced the experience.

Fallout 3 is awesome as well. I never played anything like it before, but a lot of my friends who played Oblivion recommended it to me.
AoSpades View Drop Down
Eight Lives Left

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AoSpades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 8:22am

I got a kick out of the Left4Dead trailor.

"run or shoot? RUN OR SHOOT?!"

"both!"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic