FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Birthday Marine.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Originally posted by Heres To You Heres To You wrote:

Usually, anybody with morals who does post here is ridiculed off the board in their first few post...

A few questions.

1) What are the parameters of "morals?" Whose moral set? There are a large span of "morals" out there.

2) Who has been ridiculed off the forum for having "morals?"

Your right, I should have clarified.  I should have said "traditional morals".  Typically (and I do say typically, not always), a marine is somebody who has pretty strict morals and guidelines, and tries to hold themselves to a high physical and moral standard.  Generally, in places where there are higher traditional standards like the southern states, the recruiting numbers are much higher.  In the military, you meet a lot of soldiers (I'm army) who used to be recruiters, and every single one has told me they beg to be in Virginia or below because it's so much easier to meet quota there (if you don't meet quota then they take your Saturdays and send you too classes to improve your recruiting skills).  Honestly, I seriously don't think very many people here could become marines, and If you don't feel that you can become (or don't want to) then making comical remarks is about the only thing you can do.

With that being said, post anything about Iraq or Bush in here and look at the responses.  The level the of maturity in here (often times displayed by myself) is not one to brag about, and when a salvia thread gets treated more seriously than a marines birthday thread....

EDIT- and to answer your original question, when I said ridiculed off the boards, if a new poster comes into the forum and displays anything other than what the board vets feel is right, he will get harassed until they just eventually don't post anymore.  Some like Ford just get used to it...

Edited by Heres To You - 11 November 2008 at 4:06pm
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 5:01pm
Heres to You,
I spent a very long time o the quarter deck getting stronger and smarter for a very little mistake, make sure you put a capital M in Marine. Thank You.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic