FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sighted in, ready to go!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

LETS GO KILL THINGS FOR FUN

If you eat meat, then you should be perfectly comfortable with the concept and have the ability to hunt.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 10:38pm
I haven't hunted for several years, but I still love to shoot my old deer rifle. It was my grandfather's gun, and I inherited it. It's a Winchester Model 88 lever action rifle, in .243. However, if you are unfamiliar with the Model 88, don't picture your classic Winchester lever action (Model 94, in .30-30). This gun shares more in common with a bolt-action rifle than most lever guns. Details for the curious here.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by DaveEllis DaveEllis wrote:

Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

LETS GO KILL THINGS FOR FUN

If you eat meat, then you should be perfectly comfortable with the concept and have the ability to hunt.

Especially since the deer stand a better chance than the cow who is destined to catch a sledge hammer between the eyes.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 11:46pm

Roughly the same thing as mine, though mine is a darker finish.  It's one of my two 30-06s, though probably my lesser favorite of the two.  Both have Bushnells on them.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 3:09am
I should replace my bowstring one of these days.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 8:03am

I use my .68 caliper...

Second story down...

http://www.familymanweb.com/article/big-bucks-and-bigger-sto ries

They tremble at my name...
AoSpades View Drop Down
Eight Lives Left

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AoSpades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 8:39am

Went bow hunting with my recurve, unsuccessful.

Have a 30-30 that was handed down to me by my grandfather that i've taken 2 eight points with.

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

I haven't hunted for several years, but I still love to shoot my old deer rifle. It was my grandfather's gun, and I inherited it. It's a Winchester Model 88 lever action rifle, in .243. However, if you are unfamiliar with the Model 88, don't picture your classic Winchester lever action (Model 94, in .30-30). This gun shares more in common with a bolt-action rifle than most lever guns. Details for the curious here.

Very nice gun.
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 9:37am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I use my .68 caliper...

the rotor for that thing must be tiny.

:)
gh0st View Drop Down
Final Warning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gh0st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 10:58am
I've been using a Weatherby Vanguard model
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:09am
I've actually never been hunting. Weird, given that two
of my uncles shoot a lot of their own food, mostly deer.

Hunting for sport doesn't hold much appeal to me, yet
there's still the primeval part of me that wants to give
it a try, if only so I can incorporate that new skill
set into my zombie plan.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:37am
I used to hunt when I was younger, but don't really anymore. I never really got into it. My dad asked me yesterday if I was going with him to Michigan for deer season. I declined.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:47am
Originally posted by adrenalinejunky adrenalinejunky wrote:

Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

I use my .68 caliper...

the rotor for that thing must be tiny.

:)

I loled!

They tremble at my name...
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 3:02pm
Old Winchester Model 94, I missed one this weekend though because it was already walking back into the woods when I snuck up on it.  Terrible weekend to hunt, too cold and snowing 24/7 so they all were hiding in the woods :(

There is no safety really....sort of unsafe but it shoots pretty decently!
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 3:15pm
I LOVE old 94's.   I'll get one eventually.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 3:18pm
How is that unsafe? Don't chamber a round till you need to, then keep your finger off the trigger.

This summer sees me taking to the field with a custom double .375 Holland and Holland.

KBK
proteus316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proteus316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 3:25pm
The safety is on the hammer. You half cock until ready to shoot then fully pull down the hammer. 
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 3:47pm
Just can be unsafe when unloading the gun, which you have to keep using the lever over and over, putting the hammer into firing position, of course it's easy to pay attention to that and make sure it doesn't go off, but I hate unloading it every time...
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 3:55pm
Hell I hadn't thought of that. I habitually shoot my lever actions dry.

Good point.

KBK
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

Gross Anatomy is preventing me from hunting this year, but I would be using my old Savage Arms .30-30.

How's that going for you?

We're just wrapping up the digestive system (We've passed all the difficult crap)... Nothing like smelling that Fermalidhide (s/p) and working with the corpse every other day ;)
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic