FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

so many levels of scary...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: so many levels of scary...
    Posted: 09 November 2008 at 9:10am
20 die abord russian sub

tldr 20 die and 21 hospitalized when freon is released accidentally inside a russian sub

a few things that scare me... 1 russia has another nuke sub. 2 they still dont know how to do it right. 3 being a shipyard worker, myself and/or my friends may come across the same situation on a US sub...

while i joke about russia i respect the workers and can imagen how hard its hitting their families.

Edited by merc - 09 November 2008 at 9:10am
saving the world, one warship at a time.
JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 9:28am
You can come across that situation in a metrology lab as well. The CMM's are very expensive and can't be hosed with a conventional sprinkler system. They hve a very large 80 gallon? pressurized tank of halon? (or something) in the corner with a big sign that basically says (in case of fire - run or you will suffocate when the fire supression system activates. Do not reeenter area until told to do so).
My shoes of peace have steel toes.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 9:43am
What do you mean Russia has "another nuke sub"? Theyve got lots of them
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

What do you mean Russia has "another
nuke sub"? Theyve got lots of them

QFT. The greater portion of Russia's still sizable fleet
is nuclear powered, and they still maintain many
submarine launched nuclear tipped ballistic missiles.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 10:29am
I heard Russia sells their nuclear submarines. They even offered to sell some to drug trafficers so they could move their goods.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 11:05am
the sub that the incident happened on is a new sub that hasent been crissoned (sp) yet. so while yes russia has nuke subs this is a new one to their fleet.

"in case of fire - run or you will suffocate"... cant run to far on a sub...

saving the world, one warship at a time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic