FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Election coverage.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Election coverage.
    Posted: 05 November 2008 at 11:46am
So I got my very first chance to do election coverage last night.

It was a blast. I know it is rough. I am doing a write-through of it now to clean it up, but here is the story I wrote last night:

Link

The guy in the bottom right of that photograph is comedian and actor Kyle Cease, who was performing that night in the Arena where the viewing was. He was signing autographs when he walked to the front of the crowd to watch McCain's concession speech.

The excitement and reaction of the crowd is something that will be ingrained in my head for a very long time.

Second thought.

Obama's acceptance speech. I got to listen to it on the way to the newsroom from campus on NPR.

I would be lying if I said my eyes were 100% dry by the end of it.

"This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment. This is our time - to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American Dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes We Can."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic