FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Obama Wins!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obama Wins!
    Posted: 05 November 2008 at 7:53am

As the political season finally winds down. And a clear winner has been selected. I want to take this chance to Congratulate Obama on his amazing campaign. In my lifetime, I have never seen a candidate be able to mold the press, and public the way he did.

I only hope and pray he is able to do the same with our nations problems. We face a difficult time in our nations history. There are many countries that want to knock us off the pedistal we are on. I pray that Obama's Presidency will be able to withstand them with the same strengh he showed in the election process.

Obama is now my President, and I will do everything in my power to support him. Our country does need change. And I for one am proud to be able to tell my niece that even though she is african american, she too can go after any dream she desires. This election proves that with the proper dedication, drive, and focus, every office in this land can be achieved, no matter your background, or ethnicity.

It will be an interesting road for sure, but as an American. I will join with my brothers to do what is right. Thank you for listening to my rants this election season. It has been fun.

God Bless America.

I stayed up way too late last night...

I did manage to catch some of the super late night parties, and here is a pic to prove it.

They tremble at my name...
Eville View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 5/19, Filter-dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 8:02am
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

And I for one am proud to be able to tell my niece that even though she is african american, she too can go after any dream she desires.

no she cant.  praise jesus we still wont elect a woman as president. 
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 8:08am
That pic is old.

And defiantly not the post I expected...

Oh Well

/me waits for OS
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 8:11am
/sarcasm?
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 8:38am
O_O
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

defiantly not the post I expected...
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 9:05am
Wow. I must say I'm actually impressed by the good will,
and almost T&O-unprecedented courtesy being shown here.

Good on you.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 9:54am
His account was hacked...
BU Engineering 2012
AoSpades View Drop Down
Eight Lives Left

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AoSpades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 9:55am

Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

LOLOL

JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 10:37am
Originally posted by AoSpades AoSpades wrote:

Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

LOLOL

I disagree, it's obvious that a zombie oboma supporter bit him. We'll have to cut his head off or burn him. Can anyone spare some carbon offsets? I'm not sure I have enough for a proper immolation
My shoes of peace have steel toes.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 10:38am

He drank the coolaid.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 10:44am
Counting down to 2012, survived Carter, will survive Obama. Nough said.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 11:00am
I think my wife said it best to the other home schooling moms that she corrisponds with...

"I must share a couple thoughts from this week's World Magazine (an excellent magazine - if you don't get it already, I highly recommend it!). It may bring a different, encouraging perspective to you today.

Conservative Christians will be among the outsiders, but they should admit that they never really had the power and influence that Republicans told them they had. And they must not give up and retreat from political and cultural engagement. They must still fight abortion, attacks on the family, and moral corruption. Fighting such battles may be more difficult than before, but that should be a call to greater action, not less.

Actually, Christians may be more effective fighting the culture wars from the outside. For all of the political virtues of the Reagan era, the culture continued to deteriorate. The church became part of the culture that it tried to criticize. In many circles, the church lost its credibility, while the evils of the culture ran amok.

To stand apart from the government, at least for awhile, may be helpful in the long run for conservative Christians. They can regroup, rebuild their integrity, and sharpen their differences from the status quo. Christian can build on their larger perspective, knowing that the Word of God remains forever, even as eras and ages come and go.

quote is from World Magazine, "End of an Era" by Gene Edward Veith, gveith@worldmag.com

So be encouraged today, moms, that you are in one of the most influential positions for the future. Let's encourage our children (and husbands) to be politically involved both now and in the future. Let's determine today to call our government representatives both local and federal on every upcoming issue to make our voice heard. Let's become a loud voice for Right that is neither silenced nor delayed when the time comes. All things work together for our good so it is indeed possible that this may bring about an incredible revival and change for the good to our culture."

I totally agree with her.
They tremble at my name...
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 11:02am
To be fair he's not your president yet. He's pres elect. You have to wait till Jan 20 for that.

/Nitpicking

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
banana phone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banana phone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 11:14am
I'm from Chicago, Illinois and here the our taxes are 6.25% on general purchases and 1% for food, medical, etc.  Good thing we just elected someone from Illinois whose platform was change. The rest of the country will soon get to experience the promised land as we do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ4j-MBnLQo
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 11:30am
Originally posted by banana phone banana phone wrote:

I'm from Chicago, Illinois and here the our taxes are 6.25% on general purchases and 1% for food, medical, etc.  Good thing we just elected someone from Illinois whose platform was change. The rest of the country will soon get to experience the promised land as we do.

Promised land....right.

According to the mathematics that the woman in the business office did, should the promised land health care plan go through: my paychecks will be $100 less then they are now.

TheDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Promised land....right.

According to the mathematics that the woman in the business office did, should the promised land health care plan go through: my paychecks will be $100 less then they are now.

Would you rather lose 100 dollars and have extensive health care coverage that could save your life in the event you receive a debilitating/deadly injury/illness, or keep that money, sinking way more money into a corrupted and broken health care system?

Thats the way I'm looking at it...I'd rather lose money and have the support of the government in such dire times to make sure my family doesn't go bankrupt trying to keep my alive with ridiculously overpriced medical procedures and drugs.

Of course, if you don't like obama's health care plan, he gives you the option to not be apart of it, so you still get your way.
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata

<keep the sigs friendly, please>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 11:42am
I get extensive health care now. Without losing the $100.

I'm living on the edge now in a failing economy with a baby on the way. Losing $2500 in disposable income to pay for someone else doesn't make sense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping people out, but $2500 is a lot of money to have one minute, and not the next.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 11:52am
Originally posted by TheDude TheDude wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I'm from Chicago, Illinois and here the our taxes are 6.25% on general purchases and 1% for food, medical, etc.† Good thing we just elected someone from
Illinois whose platform was change. The rest of the country will soon
get to experience the promised land as we do.
Promised land....right. According to the mathematics that the woman in the business office did, should the promised land health care plan go through: my paychecks will be $100 less then they are now.
Would you rather lose 100 dollars and have extensive health care coverage that could save your life in the event you receive a debilitating/deadly injury/illness, or keep that money, sinking way more money into a corrupted and broken health care system?Thats the way I'm looking at it...I'd rather lose money and have the support of the government in such dire times to make sure my family doesn't go bankrupt trying to keep my alive with ridiculously overpriced medical procedures and drugs.Of course, if you don't like obama's health care plan, he gives you the option to not be apart of it, so you still get your way.

Not really. Here are the implications:

1) The Obama health care plan will not provide outstanding health care coverage. It will provide something akin at the lowest possible BCBS/UHC/KP plans.

2) The Obama plan will cover pre-existing conditions which will ultimately drive up the cost of care for individuals with pre-existing conditions. That upswing in cost of care will then be spread around to all subscribers increasing the baseline costs.

3) Despite the pre-existing issue upping the cost of his health-care plan, many baseline subscribers of private health care will be enticed to switch to the socialized plan to either save a few bucks or have pre-existing conditions covered.

4) Loss of these baseline subscribers will increase the cost of care to moderate to high-end subscribers such as myself.

5) These costs will either have to be absorbed by my employer or by myself, and I can tell you exactly how that one will work out.

6) Increased costs will mean that either I or my employer may not be able to afford the current high-end health insurance I subscribe to. This will ultimately mean that I would have to lower the standard of my care.

7) As I lower my standard of care, the cycle occurs all over again and the private insurance companies start to lose profits and get out of the health insurance game all together.

8) As private insurers close their doors or increase their rates to cover their smaller and smaller pool of subscribers, those of us who were well off enough to afford privatized health care right now will be forced to throw our lot in with an already overloaded socialized health care plan which provides far less than my current plan does.

9) At this point we start to resemble the socialized health care plans of the UK where patients are restricted in the type and number of major medical procedures they may have.

10) The health care system, under the burden of so many low-paying subscribers and weighted down with bureaucratic red tape begins to collapse on itself. The government will have two choices, either drop health care and go back to a privatized system, or take over all health care and turn it into a full-on government bureaucracy with low-paying jobs for caregivers to keep the costs low to the government.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 12:19pm
^^^Tallen forgot the following point:

11)  As the wages for jobs in health care decrease without a corresponding decrease in the cost of training and malpractice insurance, providers who can do something else will leave the field.  This shortage will be exacerbated by less interest in entering medical fields due to the diminished rewards.  The level of health care in general will suffer. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic