FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speed Traps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

next time go fast enough the cop cant catch you before your out the other side of the town... nub...

Odd you should mention that. I flew past a county sheriff a few weeks back. By the time he got turned around, I was a mile ahead of him on a straight away. Rather than slow up I took a side road and bombed into the neighboring county.

Because I could.

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

next time go fast enough the cop cant catch you before your out the other side of the town... nub...

Odd you should mention that. I flew past a county sheriff a few weeks back. By the time he got turned around, I was a mile ahead of him on a straight away. Rather than slow up I took a side road and bombed into the neighboring county.

Because I could.
ya, that happens alot out here. it goes from blacktop to gravel by my house. i normaly whip into my driveway with the lights off and wait for them to continue on.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by AoSpades AoSpades wrote:

I hate them so much...

I really don't want to pay $190 for a ticket that was undeserved. However, this was such an obvious trap that I think I can fight it off in court.

Basically...I was going "59 in a 45" when

1.) my Speedometer was reading 55 (older car so it is always either 5 miles fast or 5 miles slow)

You are still doing 59

2.) This was a 6 lane road (3 North and 3 South with a median dividing the center) in which no speed limit signs were posted until you come up the hill where the officer was sitting...The speed limit sign was right in front of him.

There was still a speed limit sign before it. If there was no sign, you should still be doing 25.

3.) Strangly enough another 6 lane road exactly the same as said road in #2 is posted as 55(this road was perpendicular to the road i got the ticket on). Not only is it posted, but it is posted EVERYWHERE.

Road #1 is not Road#2

So taking #'s 1, 2, and 3 into account...I was thinking I was going 55 in a 55 zone, when i was actually going 59 in a 45 zone. That being said, I really don't think it will be hard to get this ticket put down in court. My record is clean as well, so sometime this week I'm going to go back, take pictures of everything and compile a good statement.

Good Luck. You will need it

SO...your thoughts?

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2008 at 12:46am
Maybe bring your mom to court, she can tell them how important you are and how different you should be treated because you're her big boy.

I actually hope you go to court, take time out of your important day and get schooled by a judge in front of people who will get yet another laugh from someone who thought their argument was brilliant when they told their friends about it.  Welcome to life, enjoy your lesson.  Pretty much word for word what I told my son when he whined about his ticket. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic