FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speed Traps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 11:10am
Originally posted by AoSpades AoSpades wrote:

Originally posted by notXXscared notXXscared wrote:

Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

You were speeding.  Pay your ticket.

Clearly you both didn't read the entirety of my original post. I'm fighting it because it was/is unjust. It is an easy way to make quick money for an already overpayed police force and I am not standing for it, or paying for that matter.

If i were actually in the wrong, I would pay it like I have other tickets. But, when the justice system you and I both depend on pulls a fast one to try and get money out of unknowing commuter citizens, I draw the line there.

It was a clear and obvious speed trap and I will bring it to court as so. I will show my evidence of the such and be on my merry way.

You know speed traps are legal and actually preferred by court systems right?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
AoSpades View Drop Down
Eight Lives Left

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AoSpades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 11:16am

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

So the police using a clever little trick to catch the guy whose breaking the law is 'unjust?' Gotcha

What are not getting about the word Trap? It wasn't a trick but was a celver TRAP. The exact same road I was on previous to turning onto the one I got the ticket was 55 and was posted. The road i got the ticket on was not posted until you are in front of the officer. So I was going 55...the speed of the previous road that was an exact replica of the raod i had the said ticket on.

oh, and

lol @ 'police being overpaid'

The Flower Mound police force IS overpayed. Not neccessarily the officers themselves, but the overall police force is. They dont get stickers on thier cars like most other police cars, thiers are paintjobs. All of thier cars come with state of the art equipment, such as night vision and heat vision mounted cameras/radars on the top of every car. Everything is done electronically, even the signature on the citation, No paper is involved.

And apparently ALL of this is needed to get someone for speeding.

Edited by AoSpades - 04 November 2008 at 11:17am
AoSpades View Drop Down
Eight Lives Left

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AoSpades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 11:19am

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

This one was ment to catch drivers who don't frequent these roads and don't know the posted limits in thier heads. Which looks to me like a rip-off waiting to happen.

Edited by AoSpades - 04 November 2008 at 11:20am
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 11:21am

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 11:28am

This is along the same lines of what I came in here to say. More than likely, at every entrance into the county or city limits you were in, the signs probably say something to the effect of "Speed limit is 35mph unless otherwise posted." So regardless of whether or not there were signs with the speedlimit, saying that a road perpendicular to yours is NOT going to help.

I know in Jersey the speed limit is 55 unless posted. I can't really speak for the rest of the country, but if you got a ticket in a speed trap in Jersey, you are going to end up paying it.  There's a whole section of road in the town next to mine that seems to have been specifically built as a speed trap; it should be a 45 or 50, and it's a 35.  Probably payed for itself already, and it's only been around for about 5 years.
BU Engineering 2012
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 11:30am

Basically...I was going "59 in a 45" . . . .

SO...your thoughts?

Don't speed.

Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

You were speeding.  Pay your ticket.

QFT

. . . I'm fighting it because it was/is unjust . . . . It was a clear and obvious speed trap . . . .

So the police using a clever little trick to catch the guy whose breaking the law is 'unjust?' Gotcha

More QFT
Bruce Banner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Banner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 11:33am

This one was ment to catch drivers who don't frequent these roads and don't know the posted limits in thier heads. Which looks to me like a rip-off waiting to happen.

See, here's the thing.  It is what the law ACTUALLY is that applies to you, not what you think the law ought to be.

This is a common misconception, but "I don't think that law is fair" just is not a very good defense in court.  Doesn't stop people from trying it, of course.

Waste and excess are not conservative family values
Nature is not a liberal plot
A Good Energy Plan
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 11:43am

I really don't want to pay $190 for a ticket that was undeserved.

Lol 420

Edited by Tical3.0 - 04 November 2008 at 11:43am
I ♣ hippies.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 12:33pm
With traffic offenses its usually pretty black and white. Either you did it or you didn't, you were speeding or you weren't. Fighting them off is hard.

To throw in some positives to this thread I've successfully fought off 2 traffic offenses, so it can be done.

A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 12:36pm
pay the ticket.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 12:36pm
i just got pulled over for going over a hill at 44mph rather than 30 and received a $97 speeding ticket. It sucked but i paid it cuz crying about it is retarded.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 12:58pm
I've been lucky, driving almost 10 years and I've never gotten a speeding ticket. In fact, I've only ever been pulled over twice, once for suspicion of driving under the influence (I left my headlights out, they thought I was drunk- long story) and once for speeding, but the speeding was a local cop who happens to be on my fire department.

I had a city of Oneonta cop watch me drive through a red light one day. She was FOLLOWING me, and stopped at the light- I went through it by accident. I love my "VF" plates.

tippmannfreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Post, 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 1:03pm
at least in my little iowa town of 11,000, you have pretty good odds of going to your court date and having the officer skip. Free enterprises previous suggestions seemed pretty sound, with regard to radar certification and whatnot. I seem to also remember hearing (don't know if it's true) that if the cops gives you a ticket for speeding, he has to show you what he clocked you at on the radar. But as far as fighting it, no chance. Pay it or test ur luck at catching a lazy cop not showing up for court. It is a real job, they may actually have better things to do than go to court for a little speeding ticket.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 1:11pm
i've seen places where there was one speed limit sign for 45, then about 2 feet (literally) behind it was one for 35. it was up in PA somewhere, around the poconos.

the worst speed traps are where they bag you for going 5 over the limit, which is pretty desperate, i think.
Pate View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ladyboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Ask for a court date, then try and get it rescheduled. If the cop doesn't show up, they throw it out.

Lol, False.

It feels good to be a gangster
Pate View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ladyboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

This is along the same lines of what I came in here to say. More than likely, at every entrance into the county or city limits you were in, the signs probably say something to the effect of "Speed limit is 35mph unless otherwise posted." So regardless of whether or not there were signs with the speedlimit, saying that a road perpendicular to yours is NOT going to help.

I know in Jersey the speed limit is 55 unless posted. I can't really speak for the rest of the country, but if you got a ticket in a speed trap in Jersey, you are going to end up paying it.  There's a whole section of road in the town next to mine that seems to have been specifically built as a speed trap; it should be a 45 or 50, and it's a 35.  Probably payed for itself already, and it's only been around for about 5 years.

Where in Jersey you at? And I have never heard of the speed limit being 55 if not posted.

It feels good to be a gangster
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 3:23pm
You sped, pay the ticket.

Officers don't get paid commission from writing tickets.

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 5:15pm

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

i've seen places where there was one speed limit sign for 45, then about 2 feet (literally) behind it was one for 35. it was up in PA somewhere, around the poconos.

the worst speed traps are where they bag you for going 5 over the limit, which is pretty desperate, i think.

In the next city, theres a little area thats 50 MPH and 20 feetish down the road it goes to 25 MPH. And, theres a school right at that sign. So, on school days itll go from 50 to 20.

Can you say huge ticket?

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 6:14pm

I had a city of Oneonta cop watch me drive through a red light one day. She was FOLLOWING me, and stopped at the light- I went through it by accident. I love my "VF" plates.

For a minute, I was about to ask what you were doing in Alabama, then I realized you said "City of Oneonta"   The one near me can only be considered a town, if that.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 6:58pm
next time go fast enough the cop cant catch you before your out the other side of the town... nub...
saving the world, one warship at a time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic