FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

All right!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All right!
    Posted: 04 November 2008 at 4:31am
Just got my new hard drive backed up and working.  I got my mouse working again (thought it was busted, but turned out to just need to be broken in again), and 2 gigs of RAM is coming up pretty soon.  I'm going to try to play some Counter Strike Source when I get the extra funds, and perhaps get the Orange Box with it.  Anyone else know of any good games?  I'd like to have some good single player games, because it really kills times on those long trips. 

If you don't really care about any of that, How are you doing today?
X
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Extra "L" for sale. PM with offer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 4:38am
Good deal on getting everything back in working order.

I am doing ok I suppose. Saw a dead person about an hour ago so I have that going for me. No school tomorrow though so that's a plus. And yourself?
PlentifulBalls "It's cool, I'll be dead before I'm not pretty."
Gatyr "Stupid things exist."

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 5:36am
Originally posted by karll karll wrote:

Good deal on getting everything back in working order.

I am doing ok I suppose. Saw a dead person about an hour ago so I have that going for me. No school tomorrow though so that's a plus. And yourself?
I haven't seen any dead people in years, however I am out of class tomorrow as well. 
X
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 7:55am
Its always satisfying to get a hard drive successfully backed up/fixed.

I just cloned about 20 of them for one teacher, and they all worked. I was happy enough to do a grotesque little dance of glee when I tested them all.

I haven't seen a dead person outside of a casket in my life, although thanks to my work in the fire dept. I've seen about a half a dozen people who, by all rights SHOULD have been dead- including a high speed motorcycle accident, a drunk ejected from a car, and a back draft victim.

No fun.

FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I hate to do this in public

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

although thanks to my work in the fire
dept. I've seen about a half a dozen people who, by all
rights SHOULD have been dead- including a high speed
motorcycle accident, a drunk ejected from a car, and a
back draft victim.No fun.

And this is why I have the utmost respect for you folks.
I could not handle that at all. I am NOT the go to guy
in a trauma situation...

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 8:43am
Its the strangest thing, whenever I come across a traumatic situation- my conscious sort of evaporates so I don't think about what I'm looking at too much. I literally don't get past "Well that sucks" in my brain.

When we came across the back draft victim, my first and only emotional reaction was "Hey, she doesn't belong here."

Its sort of comical to put it that way, but that's really how it is- my wife thinks its a huge step towards psychosis.

Back to a computer related subject: I just had to show one of our old dinosaurs how to use a USB drive. She thought it was the most amazing thing in the world since sliced bread.

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 11:23am

Its sort of comical to put it that way, but that's really how it is- my wife thinks its a huge step towards psychosis.

This proves what I've always suspected.  Reb's crazy, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Back to a computer related subject: I just had to show one of our old dinosaurs how to use a USB drive. She thought it was the most amazing thing in the world since sliced bread.

You work in a college, right?  I'm assuming this woman teaches some section of the liberal arts or history, then.  Because seriously, that technology is not new.
BU Engineering 2012
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 11:27am
Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

You work in a college, right?  I'm assuming this woman teaches some section of the liberal arts or history, then.  Because seriously, that technology is not new.

Negative, I work in a K-12 school and the woman was the head of the transportation department.

ParielIsBack View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
future target of fratricide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParielIsBack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 11:31am

Originally posted by ParielIsBack ParielIsBack wrote:

Negative, I work in a K-12 school and the woman was the head of the transportation department.

OK, that's somewhat reasonable.  I pity any person who has to work with bus drivers on a daily basis.  When I was in middle school, I'm pretty sure I was driven around by people with felonies basically every day.
BU Engineering 2012
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 2:10pm

I haven't seen a dead person outside of a casket in my life, although thanks to my work in the fire dept. I've seen about a half a dozen people who, by all rights SHOULD have been dead- including a high speed motorcycle accident, a drunk ejected from a car, and a back draft victim.

No fun.

You've never seen one outside of a casket? That surprises me. We have had several fatalities since August. It has been a really bad couple of months for our dept.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 2:12pm

No fun.

You've never seen one outside of a casket? That surprises me. We have had several fatalities since August. It has been a really bad couple of months for our dept.

We're a small town department. Much of what we do is search and rescue in the mountains, brush fires and a few fender bender auto accidents. I've only been in for three years. I missed the two calls that were fatalities this year- one was a heart attack, the other was an overdose.

karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 2:17pm

No fun.

We're a small town department. Much of what we do is search and rescue in the mountains, brush fires and a few fender bender auto accidents. I've only been in for three years. I missed the two calls that were fatalities this year- one was a heart attack, the other was an overdose.

Understandable. We are a rural department but still deal with some crazy stuff. How many calls do you guys run per year?

EDIT: Sorry to keep straying from the topic Styro. I will try to keep on track after this.

Edited by karll - 04 November 2008 at 2:18pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 4:05pm
^^I don't care.  The topic at hand is pretty interesting imo.  I like these open discussion threads.
X
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 4:10pm

I remember the first dead guy I saw in real life...

Me and the boys were riding street in downtown Raleigh NC on our bmx bikes. There were always bums in the outdoor mall there. And we would often give them money and talk to them. One day, we went into the mall, and there was a bum by the curb just laying there. I rode over and bunnyhopped over him, and he didn't even move, and he looked gray. Very gray.

I went back and tapped on his shoulder with my tire...

he was dead. People were just walking past not even noticing.

The cops that we called said he was probably dead for days...

They tremble at my name...
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 4:21pm
I saw my friend pre wake and funeral at the hospital all torn up . Not pretty at all.

Anyways my day is going great thank you very much.
I ♣ hippies.
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 5:21pm
i'm doin ok. just have a headache.
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

Sex helps

Just sayin.
I ♣ hippies.
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Tical3.0 Tical3.0 wrote:

Sex helpsJust sayin.
ya you're right... it does. but poundage of teh head just isn't fun sometimes.
Enmity View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Image

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enmity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 5:31pm

Originally posted by Tical3.0 Tical3.0 wrote:

Sex helpsJust sayin.
ya you're right... it does. but poundage of teh head just isn't fun sometimes.

So stop being so lazy and get on top for once, then you can have full control.

also: I will be re-formatting my other computers hard drives, neither disk drives work, and the computer has had a nasty trojan for some time that crashes the computer when opening certain programs. fun fun
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 5:33pm
Seeing dead people doesn't bother me so much. It's seeing the people who aren't dead yet that is troubling.

Seeing a dead person is disheartening because you feel worthless because there is nothing you can do. The dying people make you feel better because you know you're there to help, but it stills screws with your head.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic