Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why do people think its weird?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Not 1 language strike

Joined: 19 June 2002
Location: OHIO
Status: Offline
Points: 2414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why do people think its weird?
    Posted: 31 October 2008 at 3:24pm
when you put a 3" lift on a Jeep Liberty?
Back to Top
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 23 October 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6552
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 3:26pm
Doesnt look all that different.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Back to Top
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
back from the dead like Tupac

Joined: 24 October 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7495
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 3:29pm
Because they wonder if the chick driving it can step up that high.
Back to Top
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Joined: 11 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6473
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 3:32pm
^Zing!
Back to Top
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4771
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by DaveEllis DaveEllis wrote:

Because they wonder if the chick driving it can step up that high.


my sentiments exactly.
Back to Top
.636 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Joined: 24 October 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 990
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:07pm
Because its a liberty. They are not  meant for off road use. They are more of the honda CRV or toyota RAV of the american SUV's

Sure it has 4wd, but its main use is for women who want extra traction in the snow.
Back to Top
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: Under Your Bed
Status: Offline
Points: 10949
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by .636 .636 wrote:

Because its a liberty. They are not† meant for off road use. They are more of the honda CRV or toyota RAV of the american SUV'sSure it has 4wd, but its main use is for women who want extra traction in the snow.


Andy, your statement has one fatal flaw.... Women don't know what this "traction" you speak of is. Why else would every girlfriend I've ever had (including my fiancee) drive around on tires so bald you could see the steel belts poking through?
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Back to Top
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4771
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:26pm
i disagree tallen - they are familiar with the fact that there is a concept called traction, and everyone knows that 4wd = traction.

what else could matter? :)
Back to Top
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Joined: 11 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6473
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:36pm
The cords poking through is kind of like studs in the snow!
Back to Top
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4771
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:40pm
now thats good logic if i've ever seen it.
Back to Top
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Joined: 11 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6473
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:42pm
And no tread is obviously better...there is more tire making contact with the snow-covered roads. Everybody knows that!
Back to Top
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Ask me about my Kokido

Joined: 25 July 2002
Location: South Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 4025
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:43pm
It is odd because you can buy a Jeep with that clearance without wasting your time
Back to Top
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Joined: 06 July 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Status: Offline
Points: 10299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 5:12pm
Is there a real reason to do it other than wasting money? A 3' lift would be better. 
Back to Top
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Joined: 28 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3795
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 5:54pm
Because it's a liberty.
It just looks funny...and it really doesn't serve any purpose.
Do you take it off-roading?  Maybe if it were a Liberty Renegade it'd
be plausible.  Just not as it is...
Back to Top
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
The Savior of Christmas

Joined: 01 September 2005
Location: PRNJ
Status: Online
Points: 5499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 8:07pm

The renegade is cool. Although all new Jeeps(minus the 2 door wrangler...barely) are womenly.

I hate people who drive off road and/or utility vehicles when they dont need one.

Back to Top
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Crusher of Dreams

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4250
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by adrenalinejunky adrenalinejunky wrote:

Originally posted by DaveEllis DaveEllis wrote:

Because they wonder if the chick driving it can step up that high.


my sentiments exactly.
Back to Top
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 07 April 2008
Location: Michigan
Status: Offline
Points: 1403
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 12:43am
As far as the lift goes, it doesn't look much different, but it needs some nice tires with some grit to them.

As far as Liberties and off roading goes:  For the most part I would agree.  Although we did go on a Jeep Jamboree once, and there was 1 Liberty out of like 100 Jeeps.  It did really well.  It had aftermarket tires and a skid plate, possibly a lift.  It didn't hold the group back like everyone expected at all.

As far as girls and traction sort of things go.  Agreed, I once had to help my friend get her Liberty unstuck out of the snow.  I don't know what her deal was, I got in and punched it.  By the way, are those always in 4x4 or do you have to engage it?  Maybe that was what her problem was.
Back to Top
.636 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Joined: 24 October 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 990
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 4:06am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by .636 .636 wrote:

Because its a liberty. They are not  meant for off road use. They are more of the honda CRV or toyota RAV of the american SUV'sSure it has 4wd, but its main use is for women who want extra traction in the snow.


Andy, your statement has one fatal flaw.... Women don't know what this "traction" you speak of is. Why else would every girlfriend I've ever had (including my fiancee) drive around on tires so bald you could see the steel belts poking through?


Oh, my woman knows what traction is. I gave her a few little courses on it, in sand, mud, snow, rain and dry pavement. All of which lead to me being yelled at for doing something unsafe Did the same thing when I could not explain torque and HP in a form she could understand. Got into our 3/4 ton chev 8.1L and gave her a demonstration... That too lead to me being yelled at... pfft women

Tallen, just get smarter girlfriends Or teach them. Either or



Edited by .636 - 01 November 2008 at 4:08am
Back to Top
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4771
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Zata Zata wrote:

Agreed, I once had to help my friend get her Liberty unstuck out of the snow.† I don't know what her deal was, I got in and punched it.† By the way, are those always in 4x4 or do you have to engage it?† Maybe that was what her problem was.


yup, been there, except it was a civic, not a liberty...

i get a call from a freind saying her car was in a "ditch"

so i figured i'd grab a couple people i was hanging out with and we'd push her out.

only problem, this thing was like the grand canyon of all ditches....

still got it out by simple traction understanding - spinning tires = no traction.
Back to Top
Gator Taco View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 12:12pm
What kind of lift is it? Spacer?

And you don't see many lifted Liberty's because the majority of people who buy one don't off road them at all. The only people I ever see driving Liberty's are teenage girls and Grandmas.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.195 seconds.