FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why do people think its weird?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why do people think its weird?
    Posted: 31 October 2008 at 3:24pm
when you put a 3" lift on a Jeep Liberty?
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 3:26pm
Doesnt look all that different.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 3:29pm
Because they wonder if the chick driving it can step up that high.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 3:32pm
^Zing!
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by DaveEllis DaveEllis wrote:

my sentiments exactly.
.636 View Drop Down
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:07pm
Because its a liberty. They are not  meant for off road use. They are more of the honda CRV or toyota RAV of the american SUV's

Sure it has 4wd, but its main use is for women who want extra traction in the snow.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by .636 .636 wrote:

Because its a liberty. They are not† meant for off road use. They are more of the honda CRV or toyota RAV of the american SUV'sSure it has 4wd, but its main use is for women who want extra traction in the snow.

Andy, your statement has one fatal flaw.... Women don't know what this "traction" you speak of is. Why else would every girlfriend I've ever had (including my fiancee) drive around on tires so bald you could see the steel belts poking through?
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:26pm
i disagree tallen - they are familiar with the fact that there is a concept called traction, and everyone knows that 4wd = traction.

what else could matter? :)
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:36pm
The cords poking through is kind of like studs in the snow!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:40pm
now thats good logic if i've ever seen it.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:42pm
And no tread is obviously better...there is more tire making contact with the snow-covered roads. Everybody knows that!
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:43pm
It is odd because you can buy a Jeep with that clearance without wasting your time
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 5:12pm
Is there a real reason to do it other than wasting money? A 3' lift would be better. 
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 5:54pm
Because it's a liberty.
It just looks funny...and it really doesn't serve any purpose.
Do you take it off-roading?  Maybe if it were a Liberty Renegade it'd
be plausible.  Just not as it is...
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 8:07pm

The renegade is cool. Although all new Jeeps(minus the 2 door wrangler...barely) are womenly.

I hate people who drive off road and/or utility vehicles when they dont need one.

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by adrenalinejunky adrenalinejunky wrote:

Originally posted by DaveEllis DaveEllis wrote:

my sentiments exactly.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 12:43am
As far as the lift goes, it doesn't look much different, but it needs some nice tires with some grit to them.

As far as Liberties and off roading goes:  For the most part I would agree.  Although we did go on a Jeep Jamboree once, and there was 1 Liberty out of like 100 Jeeps.  It did really well.  It had aftermarket tires and a skid plate, possibly a lift.  It didn't hold the group back like everyone expected at all.

As far as girls and traction sort of things go.  Agreed, I once had to help my friend get her Liberty unstuck out of the snow.  I don't know what her deal was, I got in and punched it.  By the way, are those always in 4x4 or do you have to engage it?  Maybe that was what her problem was.
.636 View Drop Down
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 4:06am
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by .636 .636 wrote:

Because its a liberty. They are not  meant for off road use. They are more of the honda CRV or toyota RAV of the american SUV'sSure it has 4wd, but its main use is for women who want extra traction in the snow.

Andy, your statement has one fatal flaw.... Women don't know what this "traction" you speak of is. Why else would every girlfriend I've ever had (including my fiancee) drive around on tires so bald you could see the steel belts poking through?

Oh, my woman knows what traction is. I gave her a few little courses on it, in sand, mud, snow, rain and dry pavement. All of which lead to me being yelled at for doing something unsafe Did the same thing when I could not explain torque and HP in a form she could understand. Got into our 3/4 ton chev 8.1L and gave her a demonstration... That too lead to me being yelled at... pfft women

Tallen, just get smarter girlfriends Or teach them. Either or

Edited by .636 - 01 November 2008 at 4:08am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Zata Zata wrote:

Agreed, I once had to help my friend get her Liberty unstuck out of the snow.† I don't know what her deal was, I got in and punched it.† By the way, are those always in 4x4 or do you have to engage it?† Maybe that was what her problem was.

yup, been there, except it was a civic, not a liberty...

i get a call from a freind saying her car was in a "ditch"

so i figured i'd grab a couple people i was hanging out with and we'd push her out.

only problem, this thing was like the grand canyon of all ditches....

still got it out by simple traction understanding - spinning tires = no traction.
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 12:12pm
What kind of lift is it? Spacer?

And you don't see many lifted Liberty's because the majority of people who buy one don't off road them at all. The only people I ever see driving Liberty's are teenage girls and Grandmas.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic