FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The TPX Tippmann’s first pistol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The TPX Tippmann’s first pistol
    Posted: 30 October 2008 at 7:26pm
Since this Summer when the "Are you ready?" shadow teaser pic was released. Players have been speculating exactly what Tippmann's Pistol was going to look like and what features would it have.

Well after a fury of rummours, misinformation and almost insanity from players. At PSP WC '08 a few Tippmann Dealers got hands on with one of the prototypes. A picture was leaked shortly after and a TPX fueled strom just about ran over every internet forum dedicated to paintball.

Here is what it's known to be truth about the pistol allong with what Information I was able to get from Tippmann and from Distributors. Note that the pistol is still in the final stages of development but it's pretty sure close to final production model.

As you can see the pistol has an agressive look. The pistol has a assesory rail on the bottom where you can attach lasers and tactical lights. Contructed of rugged durable space age plastics to save in weight and cost. The pistol is magazine feed. Those who where lucky enough to get a hands on with one of the Prototype told me they action of magazine release is smooth and the magazines are light and resemble those of a 1911 styled pistol.

The air sourse is kept under the barrel. a single 12 gram CO2 cartrige powers the pistol. There is an inovative locking mechanish on the cap that prevents cross threading a worry of many who saw the under the barrel air sourse. Having the gun under the barrel helps with constincency and makes the magazines more affordable.

The pistol release into the market it's looking to be in January. As we get more information from Tippmann we'll update this thread as needed.
Bruce Banner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Banner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 7:52pm

The holster bit is awesome.  Man, I can't wait.

I may have to go look at "real" holster rigs right away.  Never too early to start accessorizing.

Waste and excess are not conservative family values
Nature is not a liberal plot
A Good Energy Plan
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Bruce Banner Bruce Banner wrote:

The holster bit is awesome.  Man, I can't wait.

I may have to go look at "real" holster rigs right away.  Never too early to start accessorizing.

Now you sound like my wife.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 7:09pm
looks alright...i think the tiberius has a smoother look though
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 9:29pm
EE, you suck at linking.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 9:37pm
external air line? sterling valve design?
saving the world, one warship at a time.
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 6:46pm
I think the trigger could look better, and I would have preferred it to be metal and not plastics.
I2aMpAnT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I2aMpAnT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2008 at 1:39pm

Do you know what kind of safety that is?

It looks like that white dot could be the A-5/98 push through version

The T8 Safety never made me comfortable that it would stay safe...

Edited by I2aMpAnT - 28 November 2008 at 1:40pm
techietaichi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 11:53pm
.45? Glock? Whatever, I likey!

Edited by techietaichi - 30 November 2008 at 12:08am
Skeletor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeletor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 12:42pm

Doesn't look like I'll be getting one for Xmas.

Any update on a release date or price of gun/clips?

pbstalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2008 at 2:28pm
need update any word
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 4:20pm
last i heard it was still  being pushed back.   The pro at my local proshop said that he had heard anywhere between now and April.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 4:34pm

That blows. Was hoping for one for my birthday. Guess, I will have to settle for a tie and Lowes gift card.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2009 at 9:05pm

hopefully it will release soon...  i want one for a scenario  in may   and if its  not out by then i will really start to wonder.

Edited by thejudge - 08 January 2009 at 10:25am
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 10:26am

I knew I could have edited but  I wanted to anyone interested in this to see it had been updated. From the info I have gathered it seems that Tippmann is having trouble with a manufacturable product.  they have the prototype working well but the production models are not working as well and they are getting all the kinks out. I must say I would rather wait and have a better working gun than buy one now and have it stop working after 1/2 a mag.

edit* Just received this email from Tippmann

Thank you for your interest in the new TPX Pistol. We regret the delay in the initial launch but from extensive field testing it was determined that various design changes needed to be made that will, in our opinion, make this an even better pistol than what was originally designed. Unfortunately, it took much longer than expected to make these changes. The good news is that the design is frozen, tooling is now underway and we are set for an early spring launch. 

Edited by thejudge - 09 January 2009 at 1:02am
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 10:08pm
yay i cant wait, i want to see one in person, i probably will buy it anyways. i hope it is ready befor d-day.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 10:43pm
idk, if it is il pick one up to take with me.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
PAINT&STUFF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINT&STUFF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 2:52pm
so when can i buy this????
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 4:43pm
Looks like it's going to be great, but the clam shell body is a major turn off.
markhoppus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markhoppus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 12:36am
is this out
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic