Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weird

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird
    Posted: 24 October 2008 at 9:45am
So my moms boyfriend parks his beater ford ranger in the street at night.  He leaves it unlocked and with the keys in it because we live in a very low crime area and its not like theres anything in the truck worth stealing.

Well sometime last night, someone went into his truck and stole his keys.  He also could tell that they tried getting into the dash.  But that was it.  The truck wasn't vandalized and nothing was stolen.

I don't get why someone would do that to a truck, but not steal it.  The good news is, he can start his truck without keys.  The bad news is, even if he does lock it now, someone has the keys to get into it.
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 10:51am
That happened to a friend of mine. He left his keys on the seat. They broke the window anyway, stole his radio and $40. He swears that they siphoned his gas tank too, but he is a chronic liar. If they did, they were smart because gas was $4.50 a gallon at the time.
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 10:55am
Had a friends truck get broken into recently.  They came in the passenger window, took the stereo out of the dash, the stereo that didn't work, and left the brand new receiver, amp, and speakers that were sitting in the passenger side floorboard.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 11:00am
When I delivered them somebody stole a set of pizzas out of my car, for the next stop, while I was at the door of the first delivery's house.

They left near to three hundred dollars in the money bag in-between the seats.

PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 11:05am
You'd think they'd be smart enough to just grab everything they could, but I have a theory for why they missed it. I'm no psychologist, but if you have a plan on what you're going to do and you've played the scenario out in your head enough, you will be more likely to miss greater opportunities than the one you have been trying to achieve. Just a thought.
TheDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 12:44pm
Wow, your mom's boyfriend is a freaking idiot.

Regardless of the crime rate, you shouldn't just do something like that, it's asking someone to commit the crime. Normally crime rates are low because the area said criminals are in don't have the opportunity to break the law. When you essentially facilitate the easiest break and grab in history, what the hell do you think is going to happen?
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata

<keep the sigs friendly, please>
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 12:50pm
mmm Car hoppin days
I ♣ hippies.
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 1:46pm
this girl i used to work with told at least half a dozen people there she kept her keys in her car, with it unlocked...

she told us this right after her cellphone was stolen because she left it sitting on the counter.

the police recovered the phone that night and not 10 minutes after it was back it was sitting on the same counter again, her nowhere in sight.

i dunno if anything ever happened to her car or not.
Bruce Banner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Banner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 1:50pm

Originally posted by TheDude TheDude wrote:

Regardless of the crime rate, you shouldn't just do something like that, it's asking someone to commit the crime. Normally crime rates are low because the area said criminals are in don't have the opportunity to break the law. When you essentially facilitate the easiest break and grab in history, what the hell do you think is going to happen?

I dunno...  I used to live in a small town where nobody ever locked their houses (we didn't even have keys for our house), and car keys were always left in the car, whether it was at home or at the shop or bowling alley.

Those places do exist.

Waste and excess are not conservative family values
Nature is not a liberal plot
A Good Energy Plan
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 1:55pm
My friend's key for his truck is broken off in the ignition. Anyone could just get in and start it.
TheDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Bruce Banner Bruce Banner wrote:

I dunno...  I used to live in a small town where nobody ever locked their houses (we didn't even have keys for our house), and car keys were always left in the car, whether it was at home or at the shop or bowling alley.

Those places do exist.

I grew up in a small town like the one you just described...however I still think crime depends on how easy it is to do it.

For example, which car is more likely to be broken into:
The locked car.
Or,
The unlocked car with the keys inside, clearly visible?

I mean, yeah, there are places like that, but regardless it's a dumb thing to leave things like that. It's just saying "hey guys! I'm leaving my keys in here, so if you want it, go for it!" It's just plain stupid.

"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata

<keep the sigs friendly, please>
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 3:31pm
i want to learn how to get into a locked car cuz i always lock my keys inside it. i'm tired of paying a locksmith $30 everytime i do.

and yes i have a back up key, but it doesn't help if it's in my purse...in the backseat.
lilsully4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilsully4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

i want to learn how to get into a locked car cuz i want to take all the stuff inside..

Is what I thought you were going to say after reading the first line.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

i want to learn how to get into a locked car cuz i always lock my keys inside it. i'm tired of paying a locksmith $30 everytime i do.

and yes i have a back up key, but it doesn't help if it's in my purse...in the backseat.

It's pretty damn easy to get inside a car with out a key.
XtremeBordom View Drop Down
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XtremeBordom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Bruce Banner Bruce Banner wrote:

Those places do exist.

Those places are the best places if there is ever a zombie outbreak. At least then you could get a car to flee in.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 8:28pm

Yeah, we're lucky he didn't have a key to our house or anything, but until now, we would only lock our doors at night.

I remember when I had a brand new 2005 Dakota, I'd leave it unlocked with the keys in it.  I look back now and that was really dumb.   I certainly wouldn't do that with my Firebird.
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2008 at 9:49pm
That is just irresponsible.

There's absolutely no reason to leave the keys inside the vehicle other than ignorance.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic