Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Ice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Ice
    Posted: 15 October 2008 at 9:43pm
ACDC's new album comes out Saturday I think, but I just finished downloading it.  Listening to it now, I'm hoping its really good, as ACDC is one of my favorites.
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 10:15pm

They are playing in Toronto here soon and I'm debating on going. My friend grabbed up 5 nice tickets.

I ♣ hippies.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 10:21pm
That first song is actually pretty good.

But, like every other AC/DC song, the radio is overplaying it constantly, and I'll be sick of it before Christmas.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 10:23pm
I think I'd rather step on a nail than listen to AC/DC willingly.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 11:01pm

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

I think I'd rather step on a nail than listen to AC/DC willingly.

And I don't think there's a Bob Dylan song out there that doesn't annoy the crap out of me.

AC/DC is coming to town in December. Needless to say, I've got tickets. :)

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 11:03pm
im going to the concert at madison square garden nov. 12. should be a good show, always wanted to see them
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 11:42pm
Overrated band with extremely similar songs every single time is overrated and all their songs are very similar.
AoSpades View Drop Down
Eight Lives Left

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AoSpades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 11:52pm

Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Overrated band with extremely similar songs every single time is overrated and all their songs are very similar.

i agree, the are overratedly similar and similarly overrated.

blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 1:48am
i like them but to me every song sounds the same. 

TheDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 4:27am
Booooooooooo.
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata

<keep the sigs friendly, please>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 7:19am

This is perhaps the hardest I've seen you fail in a while, way to raise the bar.

I will give you that there are certain similar sounds to most of their songs, but not nearly as bad as some of the crap that's of the more 'modern' genres. Geez, half the time I don't know who the heck I'm listening to, it all sounds exactly the same.

....I haven't heard Black Ice yet, I just hope their comeback album isn't as 'epic' as St. Anger was for Metallica.

Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 8:39am
Yeah they're coming to town in November.  I really should probably get tickets cause I doubt they'll do many more tours.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

....I haven't heard Black Ice yet, I just hope their comeback album isn't as 'epic' as St. Anger was for Metallica.

You shouldn't have that problem with the new AC/DC album. They never change their sound...this will sound just like Back in Black!
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

You shouldn't have that problem with the new AC/DC album. They never change their sound...this will sound just like Back in Black!

That won't hurt my feelings any.

But I'll admit, I actually threw out the St. Anger CD I got. I got halfway through it, then walked it out to the dumpster and got rid of it. 

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 11:06am
Sound the same? They're the same band, of course they'll generally sound the same. And I like how they sound, so that's a good thing for me.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 11:06am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Sound the same? They're the same band, of course they'll generally sound the same. And I like how they sound, so that's a good thing for me.

I think that's what I was trying to say, but you did it better than I did.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 11:08am

Given that Back in Black is one of the greatest rock albums of all time, sounding like that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Yes, a lot of songs from AC/DC sound very similar - but when that sound is awesome, I approve.

ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 3:54pm
January 31st in Nashville.  Bought my tickets last night.

Review on the album? I'm not really looking forward to going to Wal-mart to pick one up.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 4:09pm

Que pasa?

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 4:51pm

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic