FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Ice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 4:56pm

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Overrated band with extremely similar songs every single time is overrated and all their songs are very similar.

U2. very over rated.

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 5:21pm
Ive got tickets to see them when they come to columbus. ive also got tickets to see metallica, but the seats are horrible.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 6:01pm
I bumped this because I just saw this, maybe some of you already have. AC/DC released a video for the new single, Rock N Roll Train, in an unlikely format: Excel. Check it out.

Link to AC/DC site

Or to teh y0utube if you don't have excel
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Overrated band with extremely similar songs every single time is overrated and all their songs are very similar.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 7:30pm
The excel thing was kinda neat/different.  But come on, its ACDC, do they even need a video?

Anyways, I've been listening to the cd more and more, its starting to grow on me.  I like the song 'Money Made'.
Bruce Banner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Banner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2008 at 7:51pm

Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Rock N Roll Train, in an unlikely format: Excel. Check it out.

Brilliant.  Just brilliant.

THAT is why these guys are awesome.  They truly understand their demographic (or at least their marketing people do).

Waste and excess are not conservative family values
Nature is not a liberal plot
A Good Energy Plan
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 2:09am
AC/DC is one of those bands that I enjoy, but never plan to own an album of or make an effort to. It's enjoyable to hear them on the radio and I haven't heard anything that I didn't enjoy, but on the same token I didn't hear anything that made me want to absolutely fall in love with the band like so many people have today. I wonder to myself sometimes if the people I know that say they "love" AC/DC actually love the music or love the fad that if they "love" the band people will think they are cool because it's "in" to like what was cool in the 70's and 80's.
TheDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

I think I'd rather step on a nail than listen to AC/DC willingly.

You've already stepped on a nail, it isn't that big of a deal to you.

Don't be a jerk about this. I'd rather step on something sharp and pointy than listen to ACDC, too. But I was thinking a tac or something.
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata

<keep the sigs friendly, please>
Bruce Banner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Banner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 1:17pm

Originally posted by Snipa69 Snipa69 wrote:

I wonder to myself sometimes if the people I know that say they "love" AC/DC actually love the music or love the fad that if they "love" the band people will think they are cool because it's "in" to like what was cool in the 70's and 80's.

Or maybe we are just old.

Waste and excess are not conservative family values
Nature is not a liberal plot
A Good Energy Plan
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 1:49pm
I like acdc and will probably get the album, but I am already gonna be sick of most of the cd by the time it comes out. I hate it when radio stations play nothing but the new singles nonstop. Like the first day when rock and roll train was ever played on the radio I was driving to school on my way to football and I hear exclusively on this radio station we hhave it ACDC's new single. We will be playing it every half hour. After the song finishes I switch to another station and oh wow guess whats playing. I swear for about 2 weeks straight I heard that song at least 3 times a day. So I have concluded that radio stations shouldn't be allowed to ruin songs. THey should just play them in moderation. Maybe bands just shouldn't release any songs off their new album until it comes out. Then peole wont be sick of their songs before the cd even comes out.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by jordanpischke jordanpischke wrote:

I like acdc and will probably get the album, but I am already gonna be sick of most of the cd by the time it comes out. I hate it when radio stations play nothing but the new singles nonstop. Like the first day when rock and roll train was ever played on the radio I was driving to school on my way to football and I hear exclusively on this radio station we hhave it ACDC's new single. We will be playing it every half hour. After the song finishes I switch to another station and oh wow guess whats playing. I swear for about 2 weeks straight I heard that song at least 3 times a day. So I have concluded that radio stations shouldn't be allowed to ruin songs. THey should just play them in moderation. Maybe bands just shouldn't release any songs off their new album until it comes out. Then peole wont be sick of their songs before the cd even comes out.

Who will want to buy the CD if they aren't familiar with any of the songs?

Besides, the bands make good money from radio play, often more than they make on record sales.
gh0st View Drop Down
Final Warning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gh0st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:24pm
COOOOOOOOOL

Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by gh0st gh0st wrote:

OOOOOOOOOLD

Fixed.
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Bruce Banner Bruce Banner wrote:

I wonder to myself sometimes if the people I know that say they "love" AC/DC actually love the music or love the fad that if they "love" the band people will think they are cool because it's "in" to like what was cool in the 70's and 80's.

Or maybe we are just old.

I try not to think of the negative. Not to mention, hair-club for men says I'm not that old!

ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Besides, the bands make good money from radio play, often more than they make on record sales.

Bands make about 10% of suggested retail price per album sold, so they average about a dollar per album sold, which most of that goes back to the record company to pay their expenses.  They have to sell about a million albums (on average) before the band itself even starts making money.  Assuming the band didn't write their own material, if they did, they get a lesser cut, the record companies say it's because they're also getting song-writing royalties, which is funny, because publishing companies give them a smaller cut when they record their own music, and say it's because they're making money off record sales as well.

I forget how much it is bands make off radio plays, but it's not much, and it all depends on market size and what times it's played.  Mostly all based on assumption.  I'd go into greater detail, but I can't remember all the rules off the top of my head, and I think my music industry/music law books are at the office.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 12:32am

I wonder that too.  I find that with games like Guitar Hero, a lot of younger people are getting into older music.  Go back 10 years ago and ask my friends if they know 'Free Bird'.  They'd probably say no.  Ask them today; "OMG Freeeeeeebird is so sweet, I love that song".

My dad had a big influence on me when it comes to music.  I grew up on the old stuff.
TheDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 1:24pm

COOOOOOOOOL

Yeah, cause there's nothing cooler than two guys on stage that should be dead from drug abuse by now attempting to relive their prime years through their most embarrassing album release ever. Seriously? They released it on a saturday, at walmart, for nearly 9 bucks. As far as I'm concerned you lose your "artist" status when you hit that point. It's just sad.
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata

<keep the sigs friendly, please>
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 1:30pm
The Walmart deal was quite a good deal for them.

AC/DC's last CD, "Stiff Upper Lip" was released in 2000. In the first week, it sold 131,000 copies, and has shipped 900,000 currently. Week 1 sales for "Black Ice" have destroyed those records (780,000 copies sold), and will probably soon beat the total sales for the last album.

In the future, I think you'll see more and more bands using alternative forms of music distribution, as they are fed up with record labels.
gh0st View Drop Down
Final Warning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gh0st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 2:39pm
You all are horrible at sarcasm.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 2:57pm

You all are awesome at sarcasm.

fixed
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic