FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Tippmann Bar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 7:43am
Since the focus has shifted to explaining what WE'D be doing, I'll take a crack at it.

I'd be nowhere near the bar, with either a white russian or a guiness in my hand. (depending on the night) I know enough people well enough that you could find me with a small group talking about everything from cars to paintball to hunting. After a while, I'd have to wander off and look for people I know I could recognize, just to shoot the breeze for a bit. Choop, Enos, Snake, Whale, tallen to name just a few.

I'll talk to anyone really, as long as their conversation isn't too liberally sprinkled with 'dude' or 'bro' and I'm not required to high five them upon introduction.

By the end of the evening, I'd be one of the few relatively sober ones left, so while the majority of the gang is passing out, going home, or trying to get sporx to go home with them, you'll find me with the group in the back having 'one last drink' and having what we believe to be a serious conversation about damn near anything. That group would probably include some of the older guys, a few military men (they've got the best stories at that time of night) and a few others who, like me, weren't interested in drinking themselves into oblivion because the Canadians were picking up the tab.

ALTERNATIVELY: depending on the say I had at work, I'd spend a few hours talking and meeting people, then sitting down to drink enough guiness until I fall asleep and have to get kicked out in the morning.

cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 10:44am
Well,
I'd start off the night with a few shots of JD with a cheap beer back, either Coors light or Miller High Life.
Once I get the feeling I was looking for, I'd switch up to a nice German beer. (Hopefully somethings on tap.)
I would then pester Rambs about what its like being a lawyer.
Following that, I would try to talk to the older crowd, but would eventually get kicked out of that group for something stupid I said.
Then I would try my game on Sporx.
After getting shut down, I'd ingest more JD and try again.
Then, I would sit down with Gatyr and talk about rap, with me and with debating anyone would says rap sucks.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 11:07am
Originally posted by cdacda13 cdacda13 wrote:

debating anyone would says rap sucks.

We might have a very lively discussion then.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

Rambino: In his business attire, seeing he just got off work late. Drinking scotch or an American micro brew.J
everyone knows rambs is a tequila snob

True dat.

Just came back from a night full of Patron.

Suddenly realized that I finally made the obligatory drunk post, and forgot to point it out.

Woot - one more box checked.

:)

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 11:16am

Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

Rambino: In his business attire, seeing he just got off work late. Drinking scotch or an American micro brew.J
everyone knows rambs is a tequila snob

True dat.

Just came back from a night full of Patron.

Suddenly realized that I finally made the obligatory drunk post, and forgot to point it out.

Woot - one more box checked.

:)

What, no strip clubs written off as a business expense?

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 11:21am

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

What, no strip clubs written off as a business expense?

Alas, the world has changed.  When I started out, taking clients and recruits to strip clubs was standard procedure, and I have submitted many a reimbursement for "tips - $300", but no more.  Taking recruits to strip clubs could get you fired, and taking clients to strip clubs is frowned upon (unless it is a big client, of course, in which case it's all good).

Edited by Rambino - 16 October 2008 at 11:53am
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 11:25am
tell me about it.....

you take ONE student to a strip club these days and BAM! Lawsuit city.

ugh, its gonna take me forever to talk my way out of that one.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 12:22pm
So, the real question is this:

When I open my own restaurant, I'm going to also have a nice bar. I'll probably take two buildings side-by-side and make the dining room in one and the bar in the other. When that happens and I send out the invites for opening night. How many of you would make the trip? Chances are it will either be in Charlottesville, VA or Asheville, NC.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 12:26pm
I could do VA with the wife. I have friends living in the area.  Very doable.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 12:26pm
depends is there going to be Sammie A on tap?

and can you make those hotdog things from Pic's place again.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 12:27pm
Will there be students we can take to strip clubs?
adrenalinejunky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

strike 1 11/24/08 language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrenalinejunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 12:32pm
both kinda far from me, though i have been saying for a while i'd like to travel a bit more, may consider the road trip.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

When I open my own restaurant, I'm going to also have a nice bar. I'll probably take two buildings side-by-side and make the dining room in one and the bar in the other. When that happens and I send out the invites for opening night. How many of you would make the trip? Chances are it will either be in Charlottesville, VA or Asheville, NC.

If it were Charlottesville, I would make the trip. That's not too far a trip for me.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 12:35pm
I'm looking for a chance to get down to Fla. to see a friend and some family down there one of these years...this could be a good stopover.

This could also be a huge opportunity for a forum meet and greet.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 16 October 2008 at 12:36pm

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 12:41pm
Well, it won't be for a few more years, but the plan is to move from the DC metro area to a more affable town and open a nice bistro and a bar. So, I'll keep everyone abreast as the time gets closer.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 12:43pm
I might have actually moved closer by then. The wife and I have designs on getting out of NY.

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 12:58pm

me, rambino, and mbro can all car pool.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

me, rambino, and mbro can all car pool.

I may be out then...eating with you and Rambs isn't that bad...but the addition of mbro...I might have to leave the wife at the hotel.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 1:24pm

I probably count but I doubt you'd want me.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 1:40pm
Asheville NC? My deathstar blew a heater hose climbing up there this summer :(

Aren't there any places closer to sea level?
My shoes of peace have steel toes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic