Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Delta .68 o-rings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
panhead4411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panhead4411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delta .68 o-rings
    Posted: 13 October 2008 at 12:30pm

I know its not a tippmann, but i've also seen other posts for non-tippmann guns (i think).

Anywho, does anyone know the exact size of the o-ring that is right where the cartrige inserts on a Delta .68 pistol?  I need more, but i don't want to order the whole o-ring kit just for a bunch of those.  Any help is appreciated.

mechanikmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mechanikmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 8:31pm
well, my metric calipers are MIA so here's what I got for a measurement
0.065" thick, 0.40" outer diameter, 0.270" inner diameter, sorry I don't know
what material they are made of, I hear ya there about buying the complete
parts kit, the last one I bought didn't have a single co2 cartridge o-ring, one
tip to make hem last longer make sure you manually re-cock the marker
and fire off all co2 removing the cartridge with a little left in it will destroy it
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 12:04am
I have a Delta 68 that has never sealed properly at that location.  I am actually considering a trip to Ace to try various rubber o-rings and see what happens.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panhead4411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 8:34am

Yeah, i learnt that you should discharge all the air b/f removing cartridge while i was reading reviews before i bought it.  But it seems that the o-ring gets sliced almost every time, no matter what i do. 

I might follow you to the hardware store to try my luck with other o-rings.  I really like using the pistols, they seem great, minus this one problem with that o-ring.

mechanikmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mechanikmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 7:12pm
i've had good luck with mine, the only other things i've read to prevent it is
oil the o-ring constantly and watch out for CO2 cartridges with the shoulder
on the tip, but that's what i use with no problems so I don't know what else
it could be

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panhead4411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 7:13pm
Oiling like mad seems to help this, but ther is no way i'll be able to change the cartrige if i'm in a fire-fight.  The thing seems to get stuck alot when you empty the air quickly.
peachesaretasty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachesaretasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 9:24pm
yeah, i have the exact problem right now.
does anyone know for sure what size they are and how you change em?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 2:11am
I couldn't find a matching o-ring at the hardware store.

So I dug into my parts box and came up with a dummy 12 gram.  Since I still had sealing problems I pulled the valve apart and put it back together without the part that pierces the 12 grams.  I used a small metal washer and o-ring that fit directly against the filter portion of the valve.  Once I figured out that it would now seal, I added a few other pieces and now use an old BE 12 gram changer which doubles as a front vertical grip to hold my CO2.

It can't be holstered, so it's not really a pistol anymore but it does hold air now.  I guess it's kind of a small CQB marker more than anything else.  (I should figure a way to hang a flashlight and laser off of it.)
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 4:51am
I don't know how the Delta works "I've never had one."  I did have a PT Enforcer and it sounds like the same problem I was having with it.  what I did with it is,  and don't laugh at this, It worked in a pinch.  I smeered chapstick on the tip of the co2 cart.  It worked for almost a year.  I know it sounds goofy..but when ur cheap and don't have want to keep replacing things you look at what is in your pockets.
It sucks being antisocial alone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic