Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 leak Please Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wikked1.8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wikked1.8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 leak Please Help
    Posted: 18 September 2008 at 1:15am
So, I just recently bought a used X7 not e-trigger.  It worked fine for 1 game.  I bought a J&J Elite barrel kit for it, but it was meant for Ion's so I got a Lapco, Ion to A-5 thread adapter piece, it replaces the old thread on the marker.  So I had to open the marker to get it in.  I put it in and put it all back together, now when I hooked up the air I could hear a pretty loud leak, sounds like its coming from somewhere up front.  Could it be one of the seals, I probably should have oiled them up before putting the marker back together.  Is this a common thing to happen?  Any advice?
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 11:15am
The first thing I usually do with a leak like this is tear the marker completely apart.

Check to make sure everything is where its supposed to be, lube the sucker up, and put it back together.

If it STILL leaks, then you've got a good problem on your hands- But I can't tell you how many times I've taken an A-5 or an X-7 apart because of a leak, and careful reassembly has fixed the problem.

Give that a shot first and foremost.

Consult your manual for proper reassembly instructions.

If it worked BEFORE you took it apart, then didn't work AFTER you put it back together, the two or three little brain cells I have that work would tell me that there was an error somewhere along the line in your reassembly process.

**Edit** It was used so you might not have a manual- you can find it HERE

Edited by Reb Cpl - 18 September 2008 at 11:17am

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 12:28pm
And, now that I think about it, you shouldn't even have to take the marker apart to put the barrel adapter in. Simply take out the large bolt that holds the cyclone in, and the two bolts directly behind where the barrel screws into the adapter. You should be able to rotate the old adapter 90* and pull straight out.

The new one inserts, Rotates BACK 90* and is locked in place when you tighten your bolts up again.

wikked1.8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wikked1.8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 8:17pm

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

And, now that I think about it, you shouldn't even have to take the marker apart to put the barrel adapter in. Simply take out the large bolt that holds the cyclone in, and the two bolts directly behind where the barrel screws into the adapter. You should be able to rotate the old adapter 90* and pull straight out.

The new one inserts, Rotates BACK 90* and is locked in place when you tighten your bolts up again.

Ill open it up and lube it really good. 

I just realized yesterday that the insert does rotate.  Well, now I know for the future.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 9:44pm
Just promise us that you'll reference the manual when you put it back together.

wikked1.8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wikked1.8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2008 at 1:28pm
so I took the marker apart and lubed it all up real good.  Still leaking.  Now there were two things that I noticed.  One was the the air line going into the tombstone was a bit loose, as in I tightened it up real good, but then when I went to put the trigger on, I had to turn it a bit for the trigger to be in the right position.  I even tried putting teflon tape on the thread.  So what Ill do is disconnect the line from the ASA and then tighten it up on the tombstone before reconnecting it on the ASA.  Also, what I just remembered is that I put a new Lapco Barrel Adapter to work with my Ion threaded barrels, the only thing was that I didnt think that it needed an oring, so I didnt put it on.  Does it need an oring, because it seems to fit pretty snugly and in place without it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic