FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Burnout Vids Of My Truck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 10:29pm

Originally posted by ThatGuitarGuy ThatGuitarGuy wrote:

So, just out of curiosity, is this a street into a new neighborhood or something, and the houses just aren't up yet, or did your city/county just enjoy paving roads out in the middle of nowhere for people to do burnouts on?

You're not from the Midwest, are you.

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 10:31pm

Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

i tried to burn mine off a few weeks ago when i was getting new tires.  my parking break wouldnt hold though, and i didnt feel like burning off my front breaks too.

Wait, what?

Why would a brake-stand result in wear on the front brakes?  All the front brakes should be doing (I'm assuming you're in a RWD vehicle) is clamping the front tires so they don't spin, they shouldn't have any friction on them at all.
I'm assuming his parking brake is the e-brake which holds the back 2 tires. He would have a FWD car and using the brakes to hold the back 2 tires would be TONS of friction on the front 2 tires especially with much bigger brakes compared ot the rear.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

i tried to burn mine off a few weeks ago when i was getting new tires.  my parking break wouldnt hold though, and i didnt feel like burning off my front breaks too.

Wait, what?

Why would a brake-stand result in wear on the front brakes?  All the front brakes should be doing (I'm assuming you're in a RWD vehicle) is clamping the front tires so they don't spin, they shouldn't have any friction on them at all.
I'm assuming his parking brake is the e-brake which holds the back 2 tires. He would have a FWD car and using the brakes to hold the back 2 tires would be TONS of friction on the front 2 tires especially with much bigger brakes compared ot the rear.

I'll give you that, but like I said, I was assuming RWD car.  Best way to do a burn out in a FWD is on a wet road or in a puddle.

Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

So, just out of curiosity, is this a street into a new neighborhood or something, and the houses just aren't up yet, or did your city/county just enjoy paving roads out in the middle of nowhere for people to do burnouts on?

No, actually I'm not.  I'm from the South.  Around here, if we have an unfinished road, it's gravel.  Houses, sadly enough, are normally built, and THEN a road is built to them, not the other way around.

Edited by ThatGuitarGuy - 03 September 2008 at 10:47pm
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Go to youtube and search for the helluva cruise, people around here just paving back roads for people to do burnouts on. One vid was in a sub that never got any farther than a paved road, another was done in a half finished sub with like 8 houses and about 2 people live in the place. 3rd was an unfinished road in a sub off some back road that has a golf course in it. Sure the golfers loved the drifting fog.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 10:47pm

So, just out of curiosity, is
this a street into a new neighborhood or something, and
the houses just aren't up yet, or did your city/county
just enjoy paving roads out in the middle of nowhere for
people to do burnouts on?

Lots of places in my area look just like that. Ever
since the housing market crashed, all the developers
have got a ton of new neighborhoods that are sitting
empty with NO construction going on and no potential
buyers. Not a good thing.
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 10:47pm

Wait, what?

I'll give you that, but like I said, I was assuming RWD car.  Best way to do a burn out in a FWD is on a wet road or in a puddle.

My moms sable does some nice burnouts with no brake or water.
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2008 at 10:48am
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Wait, what?

My moms sable does some nice burnouts with no brake or water.

Show me where I said the only way?
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2008 at 2:16pm

i tried to burn mine off a few
weeks ago when i was getting new tires.  my parking
break wouldnt hold though, and i didnt feel like burning
off my front breaks too.
Wait, what?Why would a brake-stand result in
wear on the front brakes?  All the front brakes should
be doing (I'm assuming you're in a RWD vehicle) is
clamping the front tires so they don't spin, they
shouldn't have any friction on them at all.
I'm
assuming his parking brake is the e-brake which holds
the back 2 tires. He would have a FWD car and using the
brakes to hold the back 2 tires would be TONS of
friction on the front 2 tires especially with much
bigger brakes compared ot the rear.

bingo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic