Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$3.00 Homemade Dishka Mod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ImHUGEnJapan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImHUGEnJapan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $3.00 Homemade Dishka Mod
    Posted: 02 September 2008 at 9:50am

Been visiting for sometime now, but this is my 1st post.

I have wanted a dishka for sometime now, but I just can bring myself to spend $35.00 just to increase the sound of my marker. I was walking through Lowes the other day and I just happen to see a shelf full of funnels.

So I bought a 3 pack of funnels for $1.99 and a $.99 can of spray paint. That's all you need. I cut the funnel to the desired length and diameter. Cleaned up the rough edges and painted it. It fits snugly on the end of my 3" barrel and the shroud helps hold it in place.

I test fired it yesterday and it gives it a louder distinct sound. For $3.00 and about an hour of mod time my wallet and I are very pleased with the way it turned out.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 10:05am

That looks pretty nice.  Well done.

And welcome to the forum.

Edited by Rambino - 02 September 2008 at 10:06am
uno187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uno187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 9:08pm
It reminds me of a trumpet. Cool idea. Nice job
98 Custom Pro
E-grip
cp reg
cp on/off
custom drop
freak barrel kit
Ricochet Apache
68/4500 crossfire
fang trigger
macro line
low pressure kit
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2008 at 4:29pm
Good idea, and well executed. Good job.
ImHUGEnJapan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImHUGEnJapan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2008 at 12:05pm

Two weeks later I finally get to try this out on the field.  It performed better than I expected.  It was awsome playing in the woods.  My friends could identify the sound of my gun from the saftey zone.  I shot a nice 10 round burst inside the chrono box and it made my ears rings a little.  

It certainly turned heads yesterday.  I fired on group the first game and someone yelled "what the hell is that!"   Hahaha....that made my day. 

This thing is sweet!  It looks kinda silly, but it's a riot. 

Edited by ImHUGEnJapan - 10 September 2008 at 10:20am
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2008 at 9:40pm
looks good for the price. you should try to make a quick movie of it.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2008 at 6:39am
About 6 years ago I made a homemade dishka which I think plastic has a better sound than aluminum.  Did you experiment with the proximity of the leading edge of the dishka to the front of the barrel?  I tuned mine for maximum effect and found that the further out the tip of the dishka was from the tip of the barrel, the louder it got in the direction of the target while it made it more quiet for the shooter.
Sent from a phone booth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic