Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Push Pin Breaking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
68caliber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68caliber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Push Pin Breaking
    Posted: 01 September 2008 at 9:40pm
I've got an A5 with the G36 folding stock. It seems that every time I play then clean the gun, the lower push pin to the stock has always broken in two. Anyone have the same issues, and how to fix this (Tippmann does a great job in replacing the pin, but just a hassle calling all the time). 
riky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2008 at 5:45pm

I noiticed that in both my normal non-folding g36 stock, and my Spec-ops custom SAW stock.

In the G36 stock, the lower pin broke as well, but there was nothing i could do but buy a new parts kit for a replacement ( or steal a pin from my other A-5.  The stock just fits tight i guess, you can probably widen the hole in the stock with a power drill, but be carefull not to make it too big to where its loose.

The SAW stock from spec-ops came with 3 rubber gaskets to adjust the tightness, and without the gaskets, the stock was really loose, but only one small gasket fixed that, so i guess you could probably drill out the holes in your stock and if its too loose, get a gasket or too from somewere.  If all else, ask someone if you can have their spare gaskets?

Thats all i know about that problem, hope its helpfull.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic