Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Thought

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting Thought
    Posted: 23 August 2008 at 10:50am
I came across this on another forum.  I'm guessing its something thats been getting forwarded around the internet for some time.

Originally posted by Forward Forward wrote:

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their [butt], doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check? . . . Something has to change in this country -- and soon!!!

I think its a great point, but at the same time, who pays for the drug tests?  If the state pays for them, I'm sure that would take a big cut out of the money we would have saved.
JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 11:02am
INB4 FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD FWD :)

My shoes of peace have steel toes.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 11:06am
I think it makes a valid point even if it is a forward.
JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 11:28am
Several problems:

Welfare is about running a vote plantation. It is not designed to help you get back on your feet.

The people who run the vote plantation would never pass judgement on anyone who is unable to refrain from drug use.

The 'massa' does however frown upon profiting from hard work and not subsisting on handouts. If you're willing to leave the plantation, you have to leave the drug use behind.

It's also fun because drugs are illegal so the more unpleasant and stupid ones can enroll in a more structured and sheltered plantation where they no longer have to produce a crop...prison.

My shoes of peace have steel toes.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 11:55am
I don't really think the government deserves that kind of authority (or responsibility).

ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

I think it makes a valid point even if it is a forward.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 12:49pm
That sounds like a well reasoned, cogent argument, I would love to have a chat with the author upon subjects such as how great being rich is.

e: The joke is that any job that requires regular drug tests probably sucks.

Edited by BARREL BREAK - 23 August 2008 at 1:24pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 12:52pm
YEAH! DAMN HIM FOR HAVING MORE MONEY THAN ME!
Akhmed View Drop Down

(Akhmed is not his real name)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 1:23pm

There is a central problem with this concept and the discussion so far, and it is the same central problem that pops up in discussions of affirmative action, gun control, and a whole host of other social/legal issues:

WTH is "welfare?"

"Welfare" is one of those words that people casually toss about without really knowing what they mean.

So in order for this to be a meaningful exchange, we first have to establish what exactly we are talking about.

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience. "
Most awesome site EVAR!
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 1:28pm
I imagine they are trying to talk about TANF
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

That sounds like a well reasoned, cogent argument, I would love to have a chat with the author upon subjects such as how great being rich is.

I worked at hibbett sports making 8.00 an hour and had regular urine test.

Just sayin
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Heres To You Heres To You wrote:

Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

I worked at hibbett sports making 8.00 an hour and had regular urine test.

Just sayin

Exactly...

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 4:54pm
Whoa...$8 an hour...
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 5:21pm
What a stupid thing to complain about.
Akhmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 8:33pm

What I also don't get is what one has to do with the other.  Here is the argument restated:

1.  I work 

2.  I pay taxes

3.  I get tested for drugs

4.  Some small portion of tax revenue gets spent on "welfare"

Conclusion:  Welfare recipients should get drug tested

The conclusion does not even begin to follow from the premises.

Edited by Akhmed - 23 August 2008 at 8:34pm
"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience. "
Most awesome site EVAR!
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 8:48pm
Any government funding for those who "can't" something. I.E. Can't afford health insurance, can't afford drug treatment etc. Needs to be cut from our our government spending. Why the hell should we pay for people who are too lazy to work. Or have a drug addiction so bad they can't work. Are you freaking joking me? They are really going to say they have a drug addiction to bad they can't work? Wow these are the people who need to die already, they are a burden on society. But if they die, WE have to pay for the EMT's to pick them up, WE have to pay to bury their ass etc. Just get some illegal aliens who WILL work for cheap, and a chevy truck. To pick up these dead, burden to society people, and throw them in a dumpster!
Akhmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 8:50pm

Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

Any government funding for those who "can't" something. I.E. Can't afford health insurance, can't afford drug treatment etc. Needs to be cut from our our government spending. Why the hell should we pay for people who are too lazy to work. Or have a drug addiction so bad they can't work. Are you freaking joking me? They are really going to say they have a drug addiction to bad they can't work? Wow these are the people who need to die already, they are a burden on society. But if they die, WE have to pay for the EMT's to pick them up, WE have to pay to bury their ass etc. Just get some illegal aliens who WILL work for cheap, and a chevy truck. To pick up these dead, burden to society people, and throw them in a dumpster!

Translation:  I have no idea what the heck I am talking about.

Good lord, dude.

Most awesome site EVAR!
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Akhmed Akhmed wrote:

Translation:  I have no idea what the heck I am talking about.

Good lord, dude.

Please explain. When I go to a hospital in a rough area, the waiting room is full of people without health insurance. But our current laws say we must treat them to a extent. Or people on foodstamps, I have seen that personally, working at a grocery store. And they don't have stamps anymore, it like a debit card hahahaha! These people are a joke.

Akhmed, tell your family to get off welfare, I don't feel like paying for your food etc.
Akhmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 8:59pm

Please explain. When I go to a hospital in a rough area, the waiting room is full of people without health insurance. But our current laws say we must treat them to a extent. Or people on foodstamps, I have seen that personally, working at a grocery store. And they don't have stamps anymore, it like a debit card hahahaha! These people are a joke.

Akhmed, tell your family to get off welfare, I don't feel like paying for your food etc.

Where even to begin...

Did you ever attend a public school?

Benefit from police presence?

Drive on a public road?

Most awesome site EVAR!
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Akhmed Akhmed wrote:

Where even to begin...

Did you ever attend a public school?

Benefit from police presence?

Drive on a public road?

I believe in taxes dumbass. But I don't believe our taxes should go to people who are too lazy to work etc. Please tell me why I'm wrong, obviously I don't know what I'm talking about seeing I'm not on welfare or any government assistance. But it sounds like you have PHD on this subject, from personal experience?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic