Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need help with my M16 98 custom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hakashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hakashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need help with my M16 98 custom
    Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:02pm
ok i was wondering how do i mount a red dot scope on my carry handle its the bt m16 carry handle and i was also wondering where can i find a m16 magazine for it or does anyone know how to make one?? ive looked around the net and all i got was m16 mags for the x7 and the a5 and only the ak mag for the 98 custom soo can someone help me out??

P.S. i know this question should be at the tech topic but hoow can i make my respose trigger more sensitive right where i set it at now i can only shoot regular semi auto walkin the trigger is useless it takes still too much pressure to pull the trigger and i turned the respone trigger screw almost all the way out and it still doesnt help any suggestions anyone??
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 1:14pm
with the response trigger you done adjust the screw all the way out or all the way in, you have to find the happy medium. its somewhere in the middle of the two depending on what you want your rate of fire to be. start with it all the way in and give it a half turn out, the n test it. keep doin it untill you find the ROF you want
hakashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hakashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 11:37am
ok ill try that but now can any one help me with the red dot and magazine problem??
Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 7:02pm

I haven't seen a real good mag solution to the 98. 

As for the sight mount (unless it is a magnafied red dot it's a sight, not a scope...and I wouldn't suggest getting a magnafied red dot) does your carry handle have a hole in the top of it?  (Looking at it from the top of the handle.)  If so, then you just need to get a 7/8" Picanny rail mount for an M16/AR15 that is meant to mount to the carry handle.  It's pretty easy to figure this out as it has a stud and thumb nut on the bottom of it to mount it through that hole.  Then you get a red dot that either mounts to a Picanny (Sometimes called a Weaver) rail or can take Picanny type scope rings, also 7/8" of course.

Here's a picture of my marker with an "elite" style Picanny rail mounted to the carry handle.  (Note the thumb screw visible "inside" the carry handle.) The type you want doesn't "Drop Down" like this one does in front of the handle.  The red dot I have on the top of the scope uses Picanny scope rings (1" tube size) to mount to the tri-rail on the scope's rings.

Edited by Robotech - 21 August 2008 at 7:06pm
New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
XDG SCORPION View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XDG SCORPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 7:36pm
Why would you gave a scope and a red dot?

Looks heavy.
im_new View Drop Down

Guested, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 7:56pm

he looks thru the red dot with right eye, and scope thru left eye.

scope is for spotting down range, red dot is for shooting.

98 custom pro e-trigger
flatline
torque loader
tippmann expansion chamber
hakashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hakashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 7:58pm
that gun looks freakin awesome but i juss want to put a red dot on and since the carry handle is alittle bit sloped doesnt that effect the site at since im juss gonnaput a rail on it??
RogueMMPT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogueMMPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 3:25pm
Mal: Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!
hakashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hakashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2008 at 3:45am
hell yea thats the look im goin for nut 40$ is alot for juss looks id pay less that 30$ other wise id make one i juss need to know how lol but im thinkin about makin a m4 barrell shroud out pvc and see how that works out any suggestions on that??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic