FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sniper suit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2008 at 10:19am
Originally posted by jordanpischke jordanpischke wrote:

In fact most walmarts in canada are midget walmarts. It kinda sucks.

I heard everything was smaller in Canada. 
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 3:57pm
Skip the ghille entirely. Just use strips of burlap attached to your pods, gear and mask(don't clog up too much ventilation) maybe paint your marker camo and make a ghille cover for the barrel and hopper, and camo paint your mask with a camo compac. Use darker colors on the high spots and light on the low spots. the high spots are usually somewhat relfective and by coloring them dark, you make it look as little like a mask would as possible. You just need to break up your outline a bit, you don't need to be a shrub. Keep it light-weight and tangle-free so you can move faster and don't get heat stroke. IMO ghillies are pointless. You just need to learn how to use natural concealment, like shadows and avoid sillohetting yourself. 
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 12:28pm
I've seen plenty of players that stand out more because they're wearing a ghillie suit.
nickname View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 3:11pm

Originally posted by KSTIPPHEAD KSTIPPHEAD wrote:

Was it a walmart super center? Cause the crappy one near me sure doesn't have ghillie suits. Also a good place to look is amazon.

There are still midget Wal-Marts in the world?  I thought they'd been phased out...  and yes.

Ya in the crappy little town thats near me they actually just got their walmart about a year ago. In fact most walmarts in canada are midget walmarts. It kinda sucks. 

Guess I'm fortunate enough to be local to one of the few in Canada.

jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by nickname nickname wrote:

Originally posted by KSTIPPHEAD KSTIPPHEAD wrote:

Was it a walmart super center? Cause the crappy one near me sure doesn't have ghillie suits. Also a good place to look is amazon.

There are still midget Wal-Marts in the world?  I thought they'd been phased out...  and yes.

Ya in the crappy little town thats near me they actually just got their walmart about a year ago. In fact most walmarts in canada are midget walmarts. It kinda sucks. 

Guess I'm fortunate enough to be local to one of the few in Canada.

where do you live?

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2008 at 10:10am
He lives in Canada.

. . . I couldn't help myself.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 5:26am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

TERRIBLE defense in a court of law.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

TERRIBLE defense in a court of law.

How 'bout I plead infanity?
Ford View Drop Down
Guested on X-Mas day, It’s Coal for Him

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2008 at 6:19pm
I decided to browse this section since it's been a while and this is the first thread... Why spec ops why.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 7:21pm
I've made my own ghillie, and while it didn't get much use it was still kinda cool to have around doing all the things teenage boys do at night.
It actually works extremely well.

If your using it for paintball though you can't just sit in one spot all game. Treat it as if its regular camo and keep moving.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Shenkyei Rambo View Drop Down
strike 1- filter dodge, 6/21/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenkyei Rambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 9:35pm
easy ghillie kit from opsgear. i dont have it. i ordered it, but i found a different one a local dealer already had in stock. so i bought that one for $40 CAD more.

the kit from opsgear is around $60 USD and it comes with everything you need to start building it. mesh jacket and pants, jute thread, basically pay $60 USD, then spend a few hours in a comfortable spot on your couch front of a TV watching family guy/simpsons/south park/batman/spongebob/whatever you watch constantly and create your ghillie suit.
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 9:43pm
Hey rambo. Stop bumping old threads. Really.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 11:01pm
^^agreed
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 11:02pm
^^^ Yeah, what he (K Hop) said.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic