FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Ride

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 1:29am
put some weight in the back and it will get around just fine with 2WD. I put like 700LBS in the back on my truck this winter and it tracked good, even with bald tires.
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 2:09am
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

put some weight in the back and it will get around just fine with 2WD. I put like 700LBS in the back on my truck this winter and it tracked good, even with bald tires.

Ya, this winter I just put a bunch of snow in the back of my truck, I got around ok and only had to turn around once because I just could not get a good enough run at a hill.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 2:44am
357, be glad you have that 302 to learn stick with.  much harder to stall than the 120 hp 2.0 that i learned on.
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 4:40am
how did this turn into "i r beter man i like sticklulz"?
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 12:01pm
Bronco II is a good little rig and shares ALOT with the Ford Rangers.  Just be mindfull  lifting it as the bronco II all ready had a very high center of gravity.

As for Stick shift using your foot harder than your hands well their is more too it than that.

MOST Motorcycles/ATVs have a wet clutch were the clutch is in an oil bath, so sliding the clutch more is expected and less damaging.  Were as in a car you have a DRY clutch so their is no oil to disipate the heat OR smooth things out.

I learned to drive stick befor riding so for me i found riding no more or less harder and the car was just second nature. 

IF you want a real challenge try driving a big rig.  Up to 18 gears and the the transmishion does not have sycros so even with the clutch disengaged you can still grind it. Again with time even these become second nature though and most driver (and myself) tend to only use the clutch for stopping and starting.
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

357, be glad you have that 302 to learn stick with.  much harder to stall than the 120 hp 2.0 that i learned on.

lol, I first learned in the 87 GT we have sitting on blocks. Stock that made about 180 to wheels I bet. But I can notice a huge difference in driving the stock 302 Vs. the built one. The built car is much easier, I think the car can pull itself if let the clutch off nice and easy, so it's pretty hard to stall it, I've yet to.

Edited by .357 Magnum - 13 August 2008 at 1:58pm
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 2:05pm
I learned to drive stick on a '96 Honda Civic DX hatch. 
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 2:43pm
I learned clutch on a 03 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.4. That thing sucks. No power whatsoever. Glad I learned on that though because it makes driving my tC a breeze. 

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic